2012 Korea Open SSP: Fri 06-Jan (Quarter-Finals)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Towi / Butet vs LYD/HJE 16 - 21 ; 21 - 15 ; 15 - 20

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Towi / Butet vs LYD/HJE 16 - 21 ; 21 - 15 ; 16- 20 ..

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Towi / Butet vs LYD/HJE 16 - 21 ; 21 - 15 ; 16 - 21

At last, No INA representative for the next round... OMG.. what a sad day for INA team..

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

One word to describe the state of INA badminton at the moment: DEPLORABLE!! No one absolutely no one can be counted to win at SS level! Forget about the London Olympics, we are lucky if we can win a Bronze!Focus on regeneration and start exposing the young players from early and step by step.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Amazing isn't it! The Koreans won all their matches to please the home crowd.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you..
    Towi / Butet at least end up as a finalist at this tourney to be considered OG2012 Gold medal contender... But they quit the tourney as early as today, & their stress management skill especially when facing an opponent who play really well, & when their points are lacking behind, are really low, i would say.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Lin Dan the professional juggler

Although I've not watched the match, but by just looking at the statistics, it seems to me the LD was actually toying with JOJ, maybe to taunt him for downing CJ in R2 and spoiling LYB's strategic plans.

He literally gifted G2 to JOJ with an unrealistic 8-21 without any smash winners, after pummeling him with 21-13 in G1. And in the rubber he controlled JOJ at will, at the net especially, before administering the final lethal blow 21-15, all in just under an hour.

His R2 match with Lee HI followed more or less the same pattern although he allowed his rival to take G1 first, 11-21, before destroying him in G2 and G3 with scores of 21-12 and 21-10 respectively, also within an hour.

In R1, LD gave false hopes to Spain's Pablo Abian when he lost G2, 20-22 after taking G1 21-18. But in the rubber LD was ruthless when he stormed ahead with a 21-10 victory in just over an hour.

LD is a very dangerous man!
    :eek:

He was playing his first three matches as though he was in training, testing himself with certain shots and tactics and his own stamina to last at least an hour easily.

It is quite likely that he will toy with Sho Sasaki tomorrow in the SF and a 3-gamer is to be expected. Will Sasaki fall victim as LD's three earlier rivals did? My hunch is that poor Sasaki will follow the same destiny. :D

And why did LD have to extend himself when he could easily shorten the ordeal for his opponents? Primarily to show that he is in complete control of the situation and as an expression of his confidence, technical and mental superiority. His expected final confrontation with LCW has started way ahead in his R1 match and if they should meet in the final, LD will show no mercy. The prize is too big for that. That is provided LCW survived his meeting with Du Pengyu tomorrow. We can expect the surprising Du to give of his best with his entourage of CHN coaches closely behind him with winning tips. He also wants to please his master LYB. ;)

On guard LCW! :cool:

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You are a fanboi of the lowest order. There is a special place for you in hell, involving dark cracks in which you can stick your tongue.

There isn't a pro on earth who needs to 'test their stamina' over a one hour period. All the top players have none or a barely perceptable loss in speed in matches lasting over an hour. Playing for an hour at comp level is nothing. NOTHING. Doing it again the very next day is NOTHING. If you had any idea how professional athletes train you'd know this.

Also, tactics against one player are generally not transferable to another, and players don't "try new shots out" on court. Tactics and shot making is formulated in training. LD is not playing JOJ thinking "Hey, I haven't tried this shot recently, I'll try it out on JOJ to see how it will work on LCW!". It just doesn't work like that.

Anyway, you're annoying me. Here, here's a little novelty toy for you to fondle and play dress-ups with. :D

funny Lin Dan toy.jpg

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Go Lin Dan ;):D

12. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:crying:;):)

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hehe, sorry for the windup :p. If you read my comments on the matter, you'll know how I (and many, you included) felt about it. :)

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Indonesia team, what's happening ? I feel so sad to see not one of them can rise up to the challenge but I have hopes in XD, Tantowi and Natsir can do something to deliver good results. They seem to be invulnerable if they get their act together and Tantowi gaining somemore experience on the court

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hey if you don't like the comments of other BC posters, it doesnt give you the right to condemn them with the kind of foul and despicable language you are using.

Please stick them back into your own hole.