Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Maybe it's a slip of the tongue. Perhaps he regretted it now. Hopefully his friends and family, apart from his coaches, can knock some sense into him.

The way he played in the CHN Open was so cool. Don't let his 'lazy' or laid-back demeanour fool you, he can suddenly spring into live and explode. And his footwork seems so smooth and effortless,graceful court movement.

I'm beginning to like him and think he will progress from also-ran to champion material soon. Like Wang Xin,he should seek pointers from Lin Dan,proof of positive attitude.

2. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

The first time I saw Wang Zheng Ming play, I couldn't believe how EASILY the game was to him. Everything about his game just comes so naturally, so organically, without effort. His movement is like water, his smash is effortless with power and accuracy.

I think that is the weakness in his mentality that you are seeing now. His whole life, the game of badminton was too easy for him. He could be #1 on his school team without effort. He could make the provincial team without effort, and naturally joined the national team.

But at the highest level, to raise his game to the level of LD, LCW, and CL, he now needs to learn a new life lesson. At this level, his natural ability alone won't be enough. He'll need to train hard, get in better physical condition, practice more. I think WZM doesn't have the hard work mentality, because his whole life badminton came too easily to him.

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The super king might-be is only 450 points behind DPY for a chance to play in the Super Series Final.

Unfortunately, he is set to collide with LCW in the second round. Let's see if he can make a break-through.

4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

seems to be very unlikely to me. but at least he can get some lecture from WR#1. should be very valuable lesson if he want to become top MS players.

5. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

WZM lost to Ajay Jayaram in Hong Kong Open. If he is not careful next year LYB will cold storage him and send Chen Yue Kun instead. If LD and LCW retires in 2013. The top dog spot would be fought over by CL, Du, Tago and Sho with CL having the edge over the others. No. 5 to 10 would be fought over by Nguyen Sho , Simon and Sony,maybe Daren Liew. If WZM continues like this he wont make top 10.

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, this young man make me mad. have high hope for him, and now he already gone from HK open! :mad:

they really want to retired already in 2013? so soon?

7. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    WZM beat DPY twice at CBSL in the final this week. To me WZM is waiting for a breakthrough and it shouldn't be too long. He will take over take the third Men single in chinese team at Next thomas cup. Both Chen Jin and DPY could fight for the reserve.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Du Pengyu and Wang Zhenming both are inconsistent when it matters. Only 3 people are mostly consistent in every tournament. They are Lee Chong Wei, Chen Long and Lin dan. All others still trying to make big. Wang Zhenming has more chances than Du pengyu. They are 22 and 24 respectively. Hence lets see, how they do in coming tournaments. :)

9. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

To me, WZM is not even as consistent as CJ. I think many people overlook how much CJ has delivered when it counts. He won bronze in Beijing, reached the SF of both the 2010 AG and 2011 WC, has a perfect record in Thomas Cups, and won gold in Paris when LCW and LD both crashed out. WZM still has a long way to go in that respect.

10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

DPY's problem is not consistency but lack of talent. However, his fighting spirit is second to none. It takes way too much energy for him to go through the early rounds of a tournament such that he has nothing left to finish strong for a title.

Below is the link to the first CBSL Final match between WZM and DPY (starting at around the 31st minute, after the KKK/TBH match). WZM was very cautious, looking more and more like a CJ, a far cry from the smashing machine that he was. CJ was supposedly a smashing machine in his youth. Maybe that is the path WZM is taking.

http://v.gdtv.cn/html/ItemId80/2012-12-07/29329.html

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i kinda agree with Scorpion 1, WZM still lack of consistency. but maybe we should gave him another year to prove himself? let's see.

yeah, agree. don't forget that he was also the hero when CHN TC team defeat MAS TC team after LD dan BCL's losses in 2008 i think?

he is also lack of fortune. i really think Denmark SSP final can still go 50-50 for both players if LCW's last shot called correctly by the line judge. but what to say now? :)

12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    In my opinion, both chen jin and DPY are limited by their talents. WZM's talent may be even above chen long. He has a lot of unforce error at the moment, but I can see his is a very smart player. What he has to work on is the skill of changing pace during the games. Like what Lin Dan said in the past that the champion is the result of hardworking and daily practice. WZM have to work hard to build on his talent. He certainly has all the ingredient of a true champion but he has to work hard to make the dream come true. I am waiting for him to break through.

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, right. talent alone will hardly bring him to somewhere else on top. he need to working harder. not to be like what he described himself in one interview previously.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Zengming is still bubbling underneath the surface. In recent months he has shown occasional brilliance but lacking in the consistency to follow through to the finish that is necessary to win titles.

I like his seemingly unhurried, smooth movement on court and the appearance of being cool,calm and collected. But don't be deceived by it, he's able to suddenly spring to life and launch powerful,ferocious attacking shots as when he hurls himself to whack the shuttle down from almost any angle. But it seems to me that often after such an aggressive stroke he would almost immediately relax a little instead of finishing the rally off with the same intensity until the point is won.

Fortunately, yesterday he appeared to have overcome that drawback against Chou Tien Chen, himself an attacking player, in the QF of the Swiss Open by initiating more of the attacks and kept it going successfully throughout the match to score an emphatic victory. He,like his colleague Du Pengyu, has yet to earn his maiden international title (not counting his WJC 2010) though he ended up runner-up in a couple of Superseries events. I long to see him mount the winner's rostrum soon and be among the best one day.

15. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

WZM and Chen Long are similar in some ways:
    1) Tall players
    2) Great movement for big guys
    3) Strong power in their attacking game.

WZM plays a lot more smoothly and naturally than Chen Long, but Chen has more discipline and control then WZM. I think WZM is filled with natural gifting, his movement is very fluid and natural, his attack is very smooth and natural and powerful.

The big difference is that Chen Long has the discipline to setup and win points consistently, WZM doesn't seem like he has a gameplan or can execute it with discipline yet.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Discipline, drive, determination, willpower, in short the motivation to be champion - that's what he needs, IMHO, as he already possesses the talent and skills to achieve it. I believe whatever that's holding him back, only he can overcome it; his coaches,trainers,psychologists and other support staff have been playing their part dutifully,more or less.

It is all up to him now, just turned 23 last month, born 16th Feb 1990.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Chen Long has the holy fire, the winners attitude, the "I want it more than you do". WZM doesn't have it or hasn't unraveled it, needs to find that lust for winning [​IMG]. Everything else mentioned will follow behind it. Well, "needs to", he doesn't need to do anything [​IMG] only for a long, successful and legendary career in badminton he'd better discover the holy fire in him.
    It's probably already in this thread somewhere but Morten Frost has also identified/marked WZM as the ​next big thing ...

#277 demolidor, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

"Wang Zengming, my heartiest congratulations for winning your maiden international title, the Swiss Open GPG 2013 (the WJC 2010 excluded).

What impressed me most is not that you won though this GPG tournament is a relatively strong one with its lineup of participants but how you played. Your speed of movement, your reaction time, your sudden explosive attacking shots as when you unleash your powerful,jump smashes time after time throughout the tournament is phenomenal".

Well, for many, success breeds success whereas for others it breeds complacency. This GPG title may be no big deal but seeing how delighted he was at the victory ceremony, I'm pretty sure it acts as the encouragement,the boost in confidence and just the catalyst to propel him to greater successes.Similarly for Wang Zengming as it is for his female compatriot, Wang Shixian, who emerged WS champion in the same event, I'm certain he will henceforth afford me plenty of opportunities to sing his praises - I know I won't have to wait long.

19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

congratulations, WZM!

but don't be so pleased on his winning, Justin. wait till he proves more about himself before we praise him? 1 winning may be positive signal, but unsurely bring him to more glories.

but if he really will prove himself, then it would be a bad signal for LD presence in the CBA team. haha! :D

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah, one swallow doesn't make a summer. But he looked a nice and decent guy. Wish him all the best.