Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Oh yeah, brings back good memories. I remember those darn pidgeons were so hard to get consistent speed between one pidgeon to the next.;)

Can you believe Ghostbusters 3 is coming out next year. I bet heaps of youngsters will wonder what happened to Ghostbusters 1 and 2. Can't really blame them, the first one came out 26 years ago and I saw it in the cinemas!

When Ghostbusters 4 comes out you, me and Vien can take our kids to watch it in the cinemas.

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Its a cult movie, so its timeless like Star Wars and Big Trouble In Little China .. unlike you Ash i didnt see it at the cinema when it was first lease, but instead show a redigitise dvd version of it on my PS3 :p

Before calling me old lets just remember ... You're qualified to play in the veterans events .. I still have to wait many many more years :D

Since my girlfriend doesnt read this forum or is even interested in badminton for that matter its safe for me to say ... yes i still hold that grudge :p

3. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    How does it feel getting beaten in every game when you played against a veteran earlier tonight at Titans ? How many games did I play against you, 4 I believe? I have to admit I was surprised that some of the games were quite close (well 2 of them anyway).

You might be younger but from the way you (and Robbo77) were moving in the last game I could hear your joints creaking from my side of the court.

4. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

Try and beat us during a tournament then talk old fella :) .. I got stuck with all a defferent beginners in every one of those games including the one where i was stuck teaming up with you :p

Beside the first game i think i got stuck against you and Andrew for the rest of the night there .. may have lost but, got plenty of good smashes on target .. target being you extra extra large neanderthal man :D

5. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    You were partnering Anthong in one game and Carl in another. The only one you won was the one with me, I admit I felt sorry for you, sad chubby guy who was consistently getting beaten on the court by us and whipped off the court by QA ;)

That's not nice calling Carl "extra extra large neanderthal man". His girlfriend likes him the way he is.:p

6. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    .. see my point highlighted .. i was stuck with badminton newbies :)

P.S. "extra extra large neanderthal man" is the title given to you and Carl by Carl ex .. whom will remain nameless for my own personal safty :)

7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    CBA Tournament 2010

The CBA tournament entry is due tomorrow ....

It looks like D single, D double, and C Double are full .. but that still leave C single for the taken :D

.. also I think Gary posted that there was someone in C men double looking for a partner so thats a trophy oppotunity there for the taking :)

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6055-0-0-0&sID=88964

8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Since Ashley hasnt post it yet ...........

NO Social Badminton this Saturday 24/4/2010

This is because Ashley is busy going to an All You Can Eat buffet :p

9. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    VIEN, DO NOT POST THINGS THAT IS NOT TRUE. SOCIAL BADMINTON WILL RUN AS NORMAL THIS SATURDAY. 24th April 2010.

I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE, DO NOT POST THINGS RELATING TO CLUB TIMES BEFORE CONFIRMING WITH ME.

Sam has confirmed he is OK to run the club in my absence this Saturday.

10. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Oh and one more thing Vien.

I have been losing weight for the last 2 months. Carls seems thinner as well. But Vien you have been putting on the kilos lately. So now the title of "extra extra large neanderthal man" goes to you.

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Woohoo!!! .. another title to my name ... do i get a trophy for it :D

12. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

... OK but am i still correct about you not going to be there because you'll be busy eating :p
    Like all Australian journalist i never bother to waste time with facts checks .. print it first, blame typo later .... :)

13. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
  14. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Good luck Vien. Make sure you wear the Loke Poh's T-shirt this time from 1st round onward. Maybe will bring you good luck.

15. keenweisam

keenweisam Regular Member

is it just me or are the draws not finalised? i can't seem to see the individual matches.. it just all says "bye". Just wanted to find out who i will have to play first round.

16. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    unbelievable as it is, this year CBA my best chance of a trophy is the B single event :) ... NO BLOODY VINCENT.. to stop me this time .. keep loosing to him in the semifinals :p
    That Loke Poh T-shirt is only to be worn at VIC Open and Monash Open tournaments ;)

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Its still a working progress fixture .. you can only see the entry in each event for now .. no ones been put into a pool yet.
    .. But how funny would it be if, You+Jacob, Aaron+Dee, and Tristram+Stefan get put into the same pool again :)
    I can predict the outcome .. You+Jacob beat Tristram+Stefan, but lose to Aaron+Dee.. and in turn Aaron+Dee looses to Tristram+Stefan .. and it goes down to precentage again :p

Simple reason for this .. Aaron+Dee are an attacking team with strong smashes ... Tristram+Stefan are defensive players always a bit back from the net so they can return the attacks ... You like playing at the net, but against guys that dont do drop shots you're just a traget at the nets... but against Tristam+Stefan your net play is an advantage cause they play from the back of the court away from the nets... I should be a badminton commentator :D

18. keenweisam

keenweisam Regular Member

hmm.. some good insights there vien. but at ballarat aaron n dee beat trist and stef....
    if we are in the same pool this time, i'll be irate.
    the funnier thing is that aaron n dee have been allowed to enter bmd too. hahahahhahahaha
    all good, they are good players, and it's always a fun challenge to play against them.
    i think with some of your comments, we may have good insight into how to adjust our game to play against those pairings! cheers

19. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Fixture is out .. you guys are in group E against the thai guys and Tap.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/events.aspx?id=35F68A4D-9D60-4107-9353-6E0F978B7037

win through your pool and its likely you'll be playing against Aaron & Dee in the the quarters.

#719 vienb, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Its recorded that they lost 24:30 in ballarat ... and yeap this year there doesnt seem to be much different between A and B grade ... with lots of A double pairs playing in B as well ... all bloody trophy hunters :p