Removing handle from racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by OlivierLi, Aug 19, 2008.

1. OlivierLi

OlivierLi New Member

IT student
    Does anybody have any insight on how to remove the handle from a badminton racquet? I have two identical racquets, one with a broken handle and one with a broken frame. I would like to combine the two parts with epoxy glue.

2. halvepizza93

halvepizza93 Regular Member

begging
    saw it off?

seems like the only option to me baby

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Can you tell us the name of the brand of the racquets you have ? I'm suspecting that it is a carlton, because of the handle breakage.

The best option is to send the racquets back to the factory if the warranty is still valid.

If they're Yonex racquets, I suggest you to either:
    1)Send it back to the factory if the warranty is still valid
    2)Unscrew the screw on the handle which connects to the shaft, then shift the cone up, and slide the handle off the graphite shaft. Do this for both racquets, and when you connect the un-broken handle to the racquet without the broken frame, try to screw the screw back down into the shaft, and perhaps use epoxy glue as well. Slide the cone back down ( use glue again ), and then wrap the handle with grips. I've never tried this before, so I suggest you to seek for Taneepak's advice on this.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in Yonex racket. the wooden handle is glued to the shaft. unlikely you will be able to remove the wooden handle without damaging it. i would not saw off the handle and glue two parts of wooden handle to make one. that is not going to be strong enough.

yes there is a screw but that has little to no structural purpose. i believe it is there for safety in case the glue give way.

check this thread for some photos of a racket with the glue giving way and broken off:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21123

5. OlivierLi

OlivierLi New Member

IT student
    Thanks for the answers

They are blacknight racquets.

6. DoubleDstyle

DoubleDstyle Regular Member

removing handle

With the broken frame racket, saw off the shaft just above the handle cone. As there is glue mounting the shaft to the wooden handle, use a drill and a drill bit that is the same size as the shalf and drill out the shaft that is left inside the handle. Once you see wood chips coming out, you know you hit the bottom of the graphite. Now you can insert the good racket without a handle. Make sure you squirt plenty of expoxy glue to mount it. Any excess coming out can be wiped off. Cheers.:D

7. hongliang

hongliang Regular Member

i am also trying to replace a "new" handle for my Lafleche TI500, but i have to find that handle first. To OlivierLi, do you make any progress on that?