Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. WesleyChan9

WesleyChan9 Regular Member

Student
    Do you know what the highest string tension for the NP 201a is?

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No gripping does not help control, but it can be nice to have a grip thickness that you are used and comfy with.. Stringing tighter gives more control but will shrink the sweetspot.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It should easilly take 30-35 pounds if stringed by a good stringer.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Okay Li-Ning fans, educate me as to the world of Leaning ie: How to do so and not fall over :D

I've only ever had two Li-Ning, the BP300C and TP100C (I think). The 300 was great although I can't remember too much about it any more, and the 100 was a great beginner racket with a massive sweetspot.

My current go-to rackets / all-time-fave rackets are.....

Victor MX80
    Victor BS11
    Carlton VTT

So, I guess I like stiff to mid-stiff rackets with a BP of around 295-300. I like All-Round rackets because I'm an all-round player. If I was pressed, I've been told I'm a frightening front court player because at 194cm and 94kgs, I can be tricky to hit around! I can rain the pain from the back court, but there are heaps of guys at my level more powerful than me at the back of the court. My assets I guess are my serve (pin-point accurate), my front court game, and my overhead shots which are very deceptive rather than relying on pure power.

Okay, so knowing all that.......which Li-Ning rackets should I maybe be considering to have a play around with?

5. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I haven't tried the Carlton VTT myself but I have the MX80 and had a BS10 and currently owns a BS12(didn't get the 11)... But I would assume the BS11 is somewhat similar to the 10 and 12(fast, somewhat headlight racket) which makes them different from the MX80... Why don't you try playing with a N70? It's a pretty good all-round racket that is still being used by singles and doubles professionals even though it's been out for around 2 yrs? Not saying you should base the racket on the players using it but it's still a pretty good gauge of the racket... N30-II is also a pretty good racket to try as that's probably my second favorite LN racket(in terms of use)... N90's first or second gen I find for myself I can't maintain my playing level with them after a few games but you're probably a better player than me so you might consider them as well as each of us plays the game differently but they're more in the offensive racket catagory...

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah the BS11 is a medium-stiff, slightly head heavy 295bp or thereabouts. A forgiving all-rounder, good punch with high-ish tensions and the really sweet BS frame design. It's less stiff than the BS10, probably about similar stiffness as the BS12 but it feels less stiff because its not as head light.

The N70II looks good. I don't really want to go towards head heavy so the N90's are out (plus I don't want to look like a LD fanboi). Without feedback from the fanclub, I think I've narrowed it down to....

N50II
    N30II
    N70II
    N70

It's really hard to understand the specs of all these because it seems like every website you go to, they rate them differently in terms of stiffness and BP.

Any comments on those models from any users? (especially if you also own any of my go-to's/faves)

7. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I just got a N70 yesterday. Will take it to the stringer today, but prolly won't have time until beginning of next week to test it. :(
    Got a BS12 and BS09 to compare with if that helps.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I must say I haven't used any LN racket which is similar to either the BS10 or MX80, which you know are my favorites :)
    The N70 and N50II are definitely softer, and noticeably slower. The N70 is medium stiff, but feels very soft due to the high BP. The N50II is s tad stiffer, but heavier.
    I have played neither the N70II nor the N30II, but I had the N70II around for a few days (for a friend to test) and dry-swinging, it felt a lot better than the N70 - slightly less head heavy and stiffer. No idea about the N30II, but it's probably softer as the N30 was softer than the N70.

Might I add another racket to that list? I think the N55II could be nice for you - although I haven't had a chance to test it, twobeer says it's quicker than the N55 and I liked that one. Bit on the head-heavy side, but not over 300mm.

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah the N70II on specs alone seems stiffer and slightly less head-heavy than the Original.

The N55II would have to be a giant leap forward from the original because I played a couple of games with it and thought it was the weirdest most lifeless racket I'd ever swung. But hey, that was when it first came out and my game has progressed so who knows?

Anything this side of 300 wet would be fine in terms of balance point. Don't want anything head heavier than my 299mm MX80's though, as where I'm currently at with my game, this is a good number for playing all types of games, which I do.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well I found it to be quite nice - perhaps it was an issue with the string or grip? Whenever I get rackets for testing, half of them is useless anyway because the string makes it feel like a piece of wood...

11. XtremeCoolz

XtremeCoolz Regular Member

I got the N70II and N50II. Personally prefer the N50II over the N70II due to the power which N50II offers despite it's slower. N70II is swift, fast, but not too powerful. However, the swinging of the N70II is very weird to me at least, I just can't get used to it for whatever reason. I discussed with Jasonvan before about this earlier when was planning to get a new racket. Just bought Flypower Enigma 900 V2, used by markis kido, and again not used to the stiffness of it. Gonna try it out for few more sessions.
    My life is sad without the N50II. Haha.

12. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

As XtremeCoolz said, I personally can't get used to the N70-II that's why it's in the closet right now and I didn't mention it... Didn't mention the N50-II because it is a head heavy racket so might not fill in your all-round requirements... I haven't swung the N55-II in awhile since it needs to be restrung and I'm just too lazy but from memory it wasn't a head heavy racket but you've already tried it previousily...

13. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Try the N50. Not that head heavy and is forgiving for an all rounder. :)

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I really like the MX80.. VTT i do not like. from Li-Ning it seems many players that liked the BP300C now swears by thre BP770 !!
    I thnik the BP300C had some issues with the graphite (similar to AT700 ltd etc) ) The BP770 feel very nice!!

/T

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Out of interest, where can I get the BP770 ? And how much ?:)

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    #1516 twobeer, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Gee, it would have to be good at that price - it's only 10 bucks cheaper than most of the N-Series!

But being from Thailand, I bet if you could walk into the store you could negotiate a better price.

I also bet if you emailled e78 or Yellow Camel they could get it for you.

Does look a little like the VT80 though :D

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Other issue I've found is that I've now seen photos of examples with two different specs - One with 295mm +/- 4mm, and one with 300 +/- 4mm.

First one good, second one bad.

There's also a BP780 which looks like a less stiff version which could also be good.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Threads are useless without pix!

BP780
    201093183436893.jpg 201093183430188.jpg
    BP770
    201093183327193.jpg 201093183321864.jpg

Prices in China seem to be YUAN830 which is AUD125 - more in line what I'd like to pay.

#1519 Maklike Tier, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is very different to VT80. stiff fast and very repulsive racket.. It felt very nice.. The guy I borrowed it from went to BP770 from BP300C and is very happy with the move.