Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Just put your entry in for C and D before he gets a chance to read this thread :D ...

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Dont worry i've mastered manual driving now ... who would thought how usuful a clutch is for manual driving :)

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Ot oh , from Badminton Victoria we have been officially sanctioned:crying::

[FONT=&quot]"The Organising Committee of the 2009 Victorian Graded Championships have to advise you may only enter the A/B Grade Men's Doubles competition. The committee judged your playing level to be too high for C/D Grade.[/FONT]"

It sounds like a complement, but no more trophy hunting....in Victoria:D Watch out Tasmania, NSW, SA, WA, QLD, NT, ACT-- C grade trophies we are coming for you!!

4. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    You forgot to mention the stern talking to we got from Badminton Victoria's very own EL Presidento .. Loke Poh himself, yesterday when we ran into him at Monash Uni :)

.... looks like the goldern age of Trophy Hunting in Victoria is truly over :(

5. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Why do I get the feeling that the reason you guys got into trouble is because of all your postings here in BC. ;)

6. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    hi guy im in tasmania. we are looking for new birds to try, currently using hiqua red and aeroplane in white tube but both arround $28 per tube, Wonder what everyone else use i our great nation as i may import myself if i can find a good 1 at arround $20 -doz.
    There a lot to choose from , has any one tried victor as have been quoted under $20 delivered.
    Am interested to see what other aussies are using and what prices are, we only use goose feather here

7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yep your right .. dont know who might be reading :) ... but the good news is after some successful lobbying ... I'm back in C/D grade for the Victoria Graded :D ... unfortunately Anthony is still banned .. so had to find a different partner :)

8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Hello my two headed southern friend, good to know that even in a backward inbred state like Tasmania they still know how to play a good sport like badminton.
    We here in Victoria also use goose feather, infact i can't remember when i last use feather of another bird specie ... would have to have been epsilon red or yellow or green which was duck feather .. but this would have been back in 2002 before global warming :)

9. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Will be practicing with Vien this Sat night with you guyz, go easy on me if you can as i am a legitimate D grader!

10. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Unless you are one of those 19yo Hot Sexy chick, you just spell you doom. Wait till you meet the "door bouncer" aka Ashley. :p :p

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Even if you're a 19yo Hot Sexy Chick you'll still not always be safe from The A.s.h.m.i.n.a.t.o.r ....

Remember that hot chick that came with her brother, he kick her out before i had a chance to work my magic :D ... still steaming about that Ash .. going to take alot of azz kissing from you for me to forgive ... and i didnt mean that metaphorically ;)

The irony was that some of the guys he allow to stay and play were actually weaker then that girl and her brother. I've seen them playing at Altona and Albert Park the girls pretty strong, A grade there, but maybe C or B grade at Titan.

The key to sneaking into Titan if you're not that strong of a player is to avoid Ashley, when he get on court , wait for the next game :)
    Its easy to recognise him he has one distinguishing feature, abnormally large forearms ... and with he thick glasses, he look alot like Popeye the sailor geek :D

12. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Using me to get a foot into Titans i see ;) ... whats with practising.. its D grade .. just serve and duck at the net and I'll bring that trophy all the way home.

OK Shy we'll give you a temp visa just for this coming week .. after all you are the self proclaim Titan representative (as is claim in an another Thread) .. its only fair that you actually get to step into the club and meet the people you represent :p

13. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Hi Valmetf4, don't worry too much about VienB's comments. Not everyone in Victoria is as rude as VienB. If you every get a chance to come to Melbourne, I will hold VienB and you can hit him. Although I may need another person as my popeye arms are not large enough for VienB's pot belly.

We currently use SeaLion. But depending on price and quality we may also use RSL, Victor or Aeroplane brands. Costs vary but expect to pay $24-$28 per tube. Like VienB said we only use goose feather because they are more reliable in flight and durability. I have from time to time imported shuttles myself, but quality varies and found it best to check the shuttles myself before sending it back to Australia.

14. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Shy, just stay away from that Ashley person and you should be OK. Hope you didn't get banned from the other club for saying nothing.

15. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    They were both clearly beginners. They were very nice people but this is Titans Badminton Club, not Titans Nice People Can Stay Club.

Everytime I have to tell people the good err.. I mean bad news, I feel bad, like I am saying goodbye to a friend. But I get over it after a minute or so :D

16. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    I was hoping to get an answer to the question , but` it appears u maybe the backward state as we have used goose feather only for last 20 years , lol.
    i wanted to know what brand people are using,

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Ashley is a NERD !!! ... it just needed to to said :D

18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Using Epsolon Yellow for the comp i play in Altona, goose feather, cost about $28 at the Altona stadium store.
    But i perfer sealion and kasan and RSL shuttles, they all cost about the $25 mark.... there are you happy with my answers now you cousin loving freak :D

19. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    In that case you should gently break the bad news to yourself Ash :D.
    Hope your not using yourself as the grading barometer, cause that would mean the bar is touching the ground :p ... Mr Ballarat C Grade Mix ... not even i sink that low ;)

20. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Didn't you play C grade mixed doubles with Xue (Open Grade) ? If I remember correctly you played the front female position, cause Xue was stronger. ;)