Difference between Yonex Bag1202N and 9229

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Koo&Tan, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Koo&Tan

Koo&Tan Regular Member

Badminton coach
    Hello everybody,

I currently search a new BIG bag and after some search, I found the Yonex 9229 (http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=yonexd&product=11901). I also see it at shuttle house (http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/item_cart-en.php?mk=YONEX&hid=BAG1202N) but I realized that Shuttle house one don't have the same name, it is the BAG1202N.

So I would like to know the difference between these two bag.
    Can you also tell me what are the biggest bag because for tournament, I need very much space.

Thank you
    Koo&Tan

2. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Hi there .... :)

My guess would be that the Yonex 9229 is the SP Version of the BAG1202N (JP).

The main differences between the SP and JP version are .....

- The SP versions are generally of poorer quality as compared to the JP versions.
    - The materials used are also different .... JP better materials, SP lower quality materials.
    - The construction, sewing and build of SP version bags are also lower in quality as compared to JP versions.
    - Some physical aspects between JP and SP bags may also be different .... eg; number of pockets, types of zipper used, got thermal compartment or not ....

As to whether which bag is the biggest, i think your selection of the abovementioned bag is good and right on the money. :D
    It's a roomy 3 compartment bag that can hold 9 rackets and your all your stuff.

The only question is .... does your budget allow you to get a good quality but pricey JP bag, or a cheaper but lower quality SP bag.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

9229 is the EX version alternatively known as TW version for no reason other than they are made in Taiwan and said to be the in between quality wise ... Meant for all regions outside of the Japan and the SP/Sunrise distribution region (but lately also available in SP/Singapore). So that means these are the ones we get in Europe, North America, Taiwan and I assume Korea and perhaps China.

Another difference is after shipping & tax you can get 3 9229's for the price of one 1202N :D:)crying:).

#3 demolidor, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. Koo&Tan

Koo&Tan Regular Member

Badminton coach
    Ok, thank you dingboy and demolidor for your answers.
    I will buy the 9229 because I don't want to pay more just for a bag, mainly if there are almost the same...

5. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    You're most welcome ..... enjoy your new bag. :D