Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That is the reason why Yonex only produces small amount of 2U rackets, it is not user friendly.:p

2. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    suprised. of how high tension are they strung at normally? those i have seen normally at 26-28. and they clashed with other brand racket. possible wat u guys hav in hk not d same with those we can get here? ti10 3rd gen is a good buy at ard rm500 but from those i have seen, a player may need half a dozen of them:(.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Honestly, I don't know how high the rackets were strung at but the ones I have are at 26lbs. I'm sure the rackets are the same but perhaps there are variations in different batches, who knows. Or maybe, players in Hong Kong don't hit as hard :p

4. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    ryim,

in the last clash i have seen. really light (unless the shuttlers have kind of 'inner qi' like in kungfu movie) clash. both like went to block (not drive) a smash. the other racket survived the clash without a paint chip. i had a mp66 ended up the same but i guess it was notorious for tat.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I've seen many clashes (light and hard) and they seem to be okay. Maybe some of them were 2Us, I really can't comment because I was just watching from the adjacent court. I haven't read much about durability problems from these new ti-10s. Perhaps other BCF members can tell us more if there are such issues with the racket.

#485 ryim_, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  6. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    Ti10 users plaease input!!!

hay every body, I'm tryn yo get myself a yonex ti10 for along time(its like a dream racquet 4 me..!)but i wasn't able 2 find one ! now in my local sports(they r YY dealers in our area) shop i came across a yonex ti10(gen lll), and I might get it for around ~$90-95......hehe...oks here is the question, should i get the 3U version thats ready available, or should i go for a 2U , in shop owners words might be available with in a month or so???......from wat i read in the forum, 2U is very powerful,but a bit lagging in defense(like a good 2U should:D), so i'm tempted to get a 3U..I use 24-25LBS tension when using BG6,and 1-2 lbs more if goin for any string thicker than that.(BG65/80)... currently playn with Armortec 50 with BP around 305~310mm(will be selling it). also has a cab 20sp(will not sell!!!), i like it because of its slim shaft....
    :D

#486 anandalphonse, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  7. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    Get the 2U, if u dun like it. Sell it to me :):p

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Ask yourself this question: will you prefer the racquet slightly heavier or slightly lighter? The main difference between 2U and 3U is only just about 5g anyway. Some people prefer 2U because it feels more solid and "fuller with mass" while some prefer 3U because it doens't weigh as much especially when they start tiring themselves halfway through their games.

9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    2U is only powerful if you can wield it. most players would be better off with the 3U in my opinion.

10. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    yup ...!I am more indented to get 3u actually...cauz this racquet is a bit unusual with long shaft n all:rolleyes:...i bet it will be quite difficult to retrieve the shuttle played close to body by opponent!!!but hey thats wat makes this baby different....!!!:D
    and one more thing guys , pls input to the string tension factor i mentioned in my earlier post ...does 26-27 lbs seem too high for Ti10(gen lll)????minimum string tension that i can adapt to is about 25LBs.....
    ~^anand

#490 anandalphonse, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  11. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

I broke 5 Ti-10s in 2 years. They are extremely nice to play with but just not worth the effort and money

12. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

which generation?

13. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    mind providing some more information...? such as string tension and how it broke...etc

14. aivenyy

aivenyy Regular Member

Editor
    :eek: really? i don't.

15. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    a lot doesn't mean everyone...please read

16. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

2 and 3

Not a big fan of generation 1 and seldom use it so can't comment on its durability

17. hobbes800

hobbes800 Regular Member

All strung at 26lbs using BG80, one string / knot method
    1 of them my fault - hit the floor while rescuing a shuttle in a competition.. the racket broke into 2 pieces and everyone just watched in awe :p. Having said that, I've had similar accidents in a few other rackets and they were all fine.

The other 4 all cracked at different places of the frame.

18. Xpressions

Xpressions New Member

Share bad experience with the badminton shop at Queensway

Hi,

Just to share some bad experience with the badminton shop at Queensway. I went to restring my racket ($16 with Yonex BG66) at Queensway last week. On the following day, the recket was collected. Just played for few strokes (less than 5 minutes), the string broke. I went back to the same shop and check with them. The shop owner said it is caused by player's mis-hit, so I paid again and made the new string with them. After collected the racket and played two days later, the same thing happened and the string broke again after a few strokes. So I went back to the shop, the shop owner said again it caused by mis-hit, the player must be blamed. So I did not restring the third times with the shop. When I wanted to take photo of the shop, the owner speaks Hokkien 4 letters dirty words. The shop name is:

Gala Sports
    #01-33 Queensway Shopping Centre
    Tel: 6476 1227

19. druss

druss Regular Member

Why are you posting this in a thread about the Ti-10 racket? Also, if you don't like his stringing then don't use him....

20. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    does this have anything to do with the Ti-10? or was that the racket you were using?