Will Zheng Bo get flamed on chinese badminton forums for AE SF loss?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Cheung, Mar 7, 2009.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

By the way chris, I did not see much in the way of communication between ZB and MJ for most of the 1st game, let alone encouragement

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sorry for the rant but the commentator is f*****g annoying:mad:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    just watched the video too. Ya, i didn't find the tantrum and is considered out of line however, for a jr, encouragement would help ma jin instead of the negative approach from ZB. I think ma jin played a bit better than the korean gal at the beginning but ma jin but just lack confidence and netting alot which is predictable, she could of net kill alot of the shots.

#43 cooler, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

there are alot of praying done by others already.:D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

who??
    Gillian:eek:?? or Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen?

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..well, for sure, even if we're not the Chinese badminton forum, we all can see what kind of responses have been given, so far..:p
    ..yeah, i was gonna mention that. Communication was key and it was lost. Ma Jin was like trying her best to "showcase" her fore-court game. While ZB was also kinda doing his own thing. No communication et al. Even Poul Larsen kinda mentioned that. Of course, it got worse in the 3rd game. In one play, early in the 3rd game, Zheng Bo got so upset that he lifted an underhanded clear so far out. Partly, frustration for how game 2 ended.
    Anyway, we'll see how things develop between those 2 players in their upcoming tourneys.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MAS commentator. Yap, yap, yap, yap...

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The CHN coach is intense. Check out the look on his face

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I also noticed at times Ma Jin would look to ZB for assurance or guidance but ZB showed no interest in offering any

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ya, look at Zhao ting ting, it took almost 2 years of pro circuit. Now she is doing pretty good.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oh, shocked me little just now..:D
    do u mean zainal abidin rawop??:p or hasbullah awang?:D

12. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

i haven't watched the game yet, but i think there is more than meets the eye.
    they are a relatively new pair, i believe they've done pretty well since their partnership, regularly reaching the SF's and finals. i mean, they beat lee yong dae and his partner twice this week so for you people who said that he should be dropped from the national team is just retarded.
    if he indeed was throwing "temper tantrums", i'm sure there is some reason for it. maybe he must of woken up on the wrong side of the bed? we all have bad days, relax guys. i'm sure li yong bo and crew have already talked with zheng bo about his on court behavior and i don't expect it to happen again. i guess we'll have to see how he and ma jin play at the swiss open

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sorry, no idea. I even heard some football scores during the commentary

14. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's quite a provocative fact that Ma Jin played a terrible game.
    But I wouldn't agree that Zheng Bo did the right thing by turning on her.

In the Mixed Doubles final at the 2000 Olympic Games, Indonesia's Tri Kusharyanto & Minarti Timur won the first game 15-1 against China's Zhang Jun & Gao Ling before going down 13-15, 11-15 to them.

So poor was Timur's play throughout the Games that Tri-Kush's performance probably ranks as one of the greatest ever in Mixed Doubles.

In the final, he played almost single-handedly against ZJ & GL - and note that this young Chinese pair was then good enough to make short work of the legendary Korean pair of Kim Dong-moon & Ra Kyung-min (15-11, 15-1) in just the second round.

Sadly for Indonesia and Tri-Kush, almost every easy kill that he set up for his partner was flubbed by Minarti Timur. It was the same with net opportunities - they were spectacularly botched.

It came to a point where Tri-Kush began playing alone - but, by then, the divide was too great to catch up with the well-coordinated Chinese pair.

The incredible thing here is that NOT ONCE did Tri Kusharyanto blame, scowl at or upbraid Minarti Timur. He just played on as if nothing had happened to upset the balance!

What a contrast with Zheng Bo :(

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

To be fair, the coach's expressions may have put unnecessary pressure on ZB/MJ. There were many shots of him with a "black", exasperated face. I swear he was going to self combust at any moment :D

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Just curious:
    Why must 'black' be equated with 'angry' and other such unpleasantness?
    Why not 'white', exapserated face? :eek:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Since..

..Ma Jin is a junior, he was probably targeting Zheng Bo as the black sheep..Talk about everything going wrong for Zheng Bo..Noticed at the end of the match, the coach was comforting/patting Ma Jin..

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

There's a moment at 6-5 in the rubber when MJ pushes the bird long. The camera shows ZB swinging his racket in frustration and spouting something angrily. He wasn't afraid to hide it either. This must have been so discouraging to MJ. Some impatient gestures follow as they prepare to receive serve.

ZB's grumpiness commences at this point. CHN begins to unravel and KOR picks up a pile of points on errors. ZB then gets a scolding from the equally frustrated coach at the interval. I think at this point the red mist has taken hold of ZB and he is unable to focus or execute properly. From here on the deterioration of the CHN duo is spectacular. You can see the coach comforting the crying girl as ZB exits stage left.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I don't know. It's a Chinese expression.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That was the only AE match that I watched. Quite a coincidence. :D

I thought ZB was doing quite well and their team could have won in straights but they were unlucky during the last few points of the second game, if I could recall correctly.

It was in the decider that ZB lost focus and was dragging his feet. He must have been very frustrated with himself and no thanks to perhaps some harsh words from his coach that he blew his top and completely gave up. with some rather uncharacteristic returns. :eek:

On the other hand, the young Korean pair which I have never seen before except the girl probably playing WD, saw the disarray in the CHN team and took advantage and applied more pressure to end the match quickly.