New Fake Yonex Rackets Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Avenger, Feb 12, 2011.

1. k_idham

k_idham New Member

PT
    Hi... i'm a newcomer to this forum.
    Wanna ask if this serial code is use for all country or just for a JP code or certain code (ex. SP,HK or anything else) only.

2. shishir123

shishir123 New Member

studnet
    Hello can you verify me this Racket ....please
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Muscle power 29 LT
    shaft serial: 6963475
    cone code : 241114ID
    source : local shop,Diamond sports , Bareilly, India
    price : 2000 INR ~ 38 $
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----

3. nutbad5981

nutbad5981 Regular Member

elementary grade tutor
    Hi.

Actually, Sulit.com.ph has many sellers selling fake racquets. Only few are reliable. The clue is the price and the way they advertise (too many freebies and free shipping).

This may help other BCers.
    Please make a list of Yonex racquets, the series name and the official date of release. And of course, list of discontinued racquets.

e.g. Arcsaber Z-slash official release date is Sept 19, 2010 (am I correct) so racquets having cone codes months before that date are surely fake. But this doesn't mean that codes after that date tells that the racquet is genuine.

Discontinued racquets, e.g. Armortec 900T and P series, having cone codes 2012 e.g. 101221XX are surely fake. (BTW, when are these racquets discontinued?)

4. nutbad5981

nutbad5981 Regular Member

elementary grade tutor
    One more thing, I've seen an ad in sulit.com.ph, a VTZF LTD. I think, LTD price is higher than the regular version of the same model/series. And think the number of this racquet is also limited (5000 pcs). Correct me if I am wrong.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The production starts around 2 months before release date already ;). But an overview of release dates can nevertheless be a good rough guide for those more obviously off ones [​IMG].

6. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Hi! I have problems to find my frieds AT900PLC JP (unstrung) sould be real compare with my AT900PLC SP (strung). Some one in my club just want belive on the quality in SP rackets and thinks that the JP coded racket is real... I think not! Please help us to decide!!!

IMG_0229.jpg IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0234.jpg IMG_0230.jpg

7. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

I am not sure sp code racket but jp code racket is definitely fake... 605859JP

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The JP is 100% fake. One reason: because it has "JP" printed on the shaft which is the biggest sign of a fake racket. Genuine JP code rackets do NOT have anything extra printed on the shaft (only SP and CH).
    Also I notice the handles are different length, if you can find anyone with a DK code Armortec 900, you can compare the length just to show the JP is fake [​IMG]. Of course because the JP is fake it doesn't automatically mean your SP is genuine either. Where did you buy it and show the numbers as well?

#28 demolidor, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Sorry for the bad pictures, here is the code on the SP racket. I´m pretty sure that the SP racket is real, bought it from luxissportnet.com and they have a very good service there. I don´t know where my friends racket is bought from the beginning, just know he got it from an old team-guy!
    IMG_0258.jpg

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Luxis should be fine yes. The player edition rackets in JP code are extremely rare so to find one in the wild in another region should be a warning sign already :D, probably came from eBay originally ...

11. louisnc7

louisnc7 Regular Member

Can a voltric 80 have a shaft code that has 8 numbers? 40773435..fake rite?

12. louisnc7

louisnc7 Regular Member

Furthermore, the person selling claims that the cone code is blocked by the yonex sticker..zzzzz

13. lance@gmail.com

lance@gmail.com New Member

why does my yonex mp 100 has no serial number on the shaft and cone?

14. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Ok, so with all the questions around fake rackets in the marketplace, I thought I'd do a simple test at the club. Everyone seems to have an opinion on the net so I thought I'd do a blind test (with a twist)...LOL

I got a fake Class G Voltric Z Force and put it up for a side by side playing comparison at the club to get feedback from 10 people. They ranged from intermediate playing ability to state level. The twist was that I told them the rackets were the other way round (ie: fake was real and real was fake) just to see what kind of feedback I would get.

Interestingly, most of the lower grade testers came back with the general feedback you read on forums about counterfeit rackets (suggesting that it was either too flexible, too much vibration, balance was not right, head too heavy, funny sound, not smashing as hard etc....) not realising that they were using the real thing. It actually shows that people can easily be swayed into believing what they want to believe based on what they have read elsewhere.

Most of the higher grade players were asking if this was a trick test as they felt some difference but not enough to suggest the racket was fake, but instead maybe there was something different about the strings..??? Only one person (an ex state and national player) actually said the fake felt sharper but not significantly more.... he laughed when I told him I had swapped the fake and real ones around because he was about to try and find out where he could by the fake....LOL

It was an interesting exercise and one of the reasons I did this was simply because of the my experience with the golf industry. Whilst there are clearly fake club heads out in the marketplace, there are also thousands that are taken/stolen from the original point of manufacture and finished/assembled in sweatshops all around China. You will find that the final finish is not quite up to scratch as it has not been through the normal QC processes but fundamentally the heads are made in the original proper factories with the right material. If you find the right supplier, you could actually have the authentic heads and just have them fitted and reshafted by your own club custom fitter.

I was simply curious if the same would apply with the fake badminton racket market which was why I conducted this little exercise. The results so far would suggest that the fake is indeed ok and my next step was to cut it open but it cost me around $90 and feedback was that it played just as well or similar so I am now reluctant to destroy it. Interestingly, I have just purchased a very cheap class A racket from an ebay seller (Member id 2010srtdse98) for around US$38. Would be interesting to test this again with the club players but they are probably on to my tricks so may have to find some new guinea pigs. I will cut open this $38 cheapie to see what it looks like inside......stay tuned

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Interesting test. Im agree with you here. I have the same experience. I seen a very good clone. Good paint quality, same balance and stiffness as the real one. As one of your test subject said " the fake felt sharper but not significantly more". Sometime the feel is very little the only main different is the price gap

16. Zhun Kit

Zhun Kit Regular Member

student
    correct,AJ sells fake! been cheated once.. elin on the other hand is 100% genuine because they are Malaysia's first yonex concept :)

17. Zhun Kit

Zhun Kit Regular Member

student
    AJ to me not trustable,bought a z slash and got ripped off,elin on the other hand is 100% genuine because they are one of malaysia's yonex concept store

18. barmandebasish

barmandebasish Regular Member

Job
    sir please check it

Sir I bought it from an unusual source as they were giving it to me at very low cost and that has no PBSI mark or any Sunrise hologram..It has only Yonex hologram...

Shaft no. 7654500
    Cone code: 201202JP

And it looks like a new and original (might be) and same as all pictures got from internet..

Have doubt please help me to clear this...
    If needed then I can post some pictures of this racquet...

Thank you.

19. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    hahaha
    the answer? please read the first and second post of this thread unless you are very lazy
    you are posting in a thread that talked about fake racket without reading it

20. barmandebasish

barmandebasish Regular Member

Job
    Sir Already read it and read many many threads carefully and researched it over the internet for 5 hours long... But I need a precise answer from a master of these topics like you only for my post to be sure what I get and What I did..
    Please help me sir...