APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Consider Apacs lethal 70 or lethal 60 if not available in your area.. Very highly rated. If you live in KL = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia you should have no trouble finding some nice apacs resellers around you area and demoing a bunch of rackets.

2. Saniljit

Saniljit Regular Member

Thanks for the help i was considering ProAce but might look into Apacs now since i read a lot of posts saying that Apacs is a cheaper version of Yonex rackets :D But if yonex is out with the Arc Saber series, which one is the similar Apacs series?

3. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

What particular thing about the Arc Saber series do you want to have in your racket?
    Or is it just the marketing hype of the Arc Saber that you believe is better than other rackets?

4. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    light + head heavy = Apacs Lethal Light. do some search for it. not every expensive too.
    if ProAce, the SweetSpot 2000 is head heavy but it's a 3u. cheap too. definitely below Rm200.

5. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
    Consider APACS Lethal 66 - Weight is around 70grams before stringing & Balance point at 300mm. Its a 7U racket.

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

May be the SUPER LIGHT II

7. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

has any1 tried lethal 90 ere? gimme ur comment...tq

8. .spot.

.spot. Regular Member

Student
    Lethal 90 first impressions

Apacs Leathal90 UK, Tension 24/26lbs

I got it last friday and was able to play 3 sessions since. I had only 1 racket (Yonex MP22, lower tension, more flexible shaft) as a reference. I'm still getting used to it, but I can tell I like it. In some aspects, I felt instant improvement, there are however some things i have to cope with right now. Note that I can only give you a personal impression, due the time i played it and my lack of having many other rackets to compare.

As an earlier post here said, L90 is a strange beast that need taming.

The smashes are incredibly sharp, precise and faster than before, even with the higher string tension. The maneuverability of this racket is really good, I fish attacking shots and return them, that I previously wouldn't. Drops from the rearcourt come smooth and precise, as always. ;)

What I feel is that the L90 requires more powerful hits for clears and drives (maybe also due to the higher tension), which is no problem for my forehands. My backhand however, which is still developing (in terms of hitting technique), has become significantly weaker.
    But after 3 sessions already, my confidence in hitting backhands increases again and hopefully soon i can hit them as usual.
    However, be careful if your hitting technique has flaws, this racket will likely punish you; playwise and also healthwise, if you try to get power in your shots with raw muscle.

One major issue at the moment are my tight netdrop returns, which worked perfectly with my bouncy old MP22 (virtually just had to hold it under the birdie and it would hop back over the net), but with L90 most of them are caught in the net right now. :( The higher string tension certainly does it's part to that, but the ultra stiff shaft most likely makes shots, where only a small racket-movement is possible, more difficult to play. So no tumbling netshots for me at the moment.:crying: Hopefully, I get the control and the right dosage of power for these shots back, soon. But at the moment, it puzzles me, because with a stiffer racket, actually control should be better.:confused:

Overall, Lethal 90 is a racket that's great to play with, but it is challenging, indeed.

9. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
  10. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    wao, a bit better than karakal pu super grip , i think must have a try ~ thanks for sharing~

11. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Yeah, man...I thought those RKEP grips are good as recommended on this forum and I ordered a whole bunch. Sadly, it turned out that those are not as good as the Karakal PU that I've tried. I think my palms are too sweaty and what I also heard, APACS PU Super grips is the same as Karakal's.

12. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    if it really can be compared with Karakal, i will definitely get some to try and it's cheaper too. currently using Victor Nanotec PU grips which costs a little bit more than Karakals

13. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

after almost 2 years then you realized ? ..... c'mon it is as sticky on the Grip sub-forum ....

14. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Yeah, I checked on APACS Canada, those grips are way cheaper than other ones :)

15. kakabobo

kakabobo Regular Member

what apacs version of arc7 or at600?
    any suggestion ?

16. what07

what07 Regular Member

I think the apacs Edgesaber 7 is the clone of the Arc 7.

17. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I use VH1700 for double and singles. I received my Tantrum 200 today and got to play 6-7 games with that. I like the racket more for playing singles; I felt more control on my shots. It is like big brother of Tantrum light exclusive. However at the end of the day I felt VH1700 gave more power for offensive doubles games. May be after sometime I will like the Tantrum 200 more than my VH1700. I will try to write a comparative review of these two rackets within a month.

18. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

hi guys i own an lethal 70 and planning to get another one. except it comes in a bundle with a apacs edgesaber z spark
    i want to know if it will be an easy transistion from a lethal 70 to a z spark
    im a singles player , trained private lesson for 4-5 months now.

19. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

any1 in the nyc area have an apacs lethal 60/70 , tantrum 200/300 or any of the non clone rackets? thinking about buying a few if any1 wouldn't mind letting me hit with it a little. =)

20. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

if ur a singles player, lethal 70 all the way ;)