2012 Badminton Asia Championships: Semi-Finals and Finals matches

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 20, 2012.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

WYH will win. No way is she going to let "Junior" beat her twice in a row. Look for WYH to come out all guns blazing.

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Whoever from singles that cause China to lose grip on the Uber Cup once more will not play in London ? That's how LYB takes a piss at his players...

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's going to be really close...Li Xuerui is on "Djokovic/Lee Chong Wei" mode right now....

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

WYH v LXR is the only match I am looking forward to on Finals day. The rest.... ZZZZZZZZZZ :p

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Honestly, no one really cares...this tournament held in China and played among Chinese players in the last four...So who cares....

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And may I ask how many Western professional players went there for the Gold Medal? Where were the American basketball players,for example,the European soccer players,the tennis players,etc.? Does the Gold medal mean so much to RF when it's no big deal to most others? Even if he is rich enough and doesn't need the money,why did he bother to go and not many others? (anyway,my point isn't about the money).
    My argument is not meant to be a normative one nor an ethical one but merely to point out it's a cultural thing in Asia. And make no bones about it,we are proud to play for our country, I'm talking about proper pride not blind loyalty, for patriotism gone wrong becomes brinkmanship which is a dangerous thing.
    Take Lee CW,for example,every time he wins a title or important match,he would invariably point to his national emblem on his shirt to say "Malaysia Boleh!", not "I boleh". And because we play for our country rather than just for ourselves,the team spirit, esprit de corps,camaraderie becomes ever more important,overriding our individual needs and wants.

#246 Justin L, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. caklov

caklov Regular Member

Yeah. I like both of them for their attitude and the way how they achieved their goals till now. Hope that match will be truly to prove who's better. Nothing else.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

same here.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Luckily you didn't say Lin Dan mode. What if she becomes the female Lin Dan...?(I'm at a loss for words)

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    No way, Wang Xin was playing exactly like Lin Dan....nobody has come this far to match her style/mode...

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I just rewatched Zhang/Zhao vs Kim/Choi. It is very good. Choi is pretty amazing. Hope to see more of her.

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Back in the Three Wang Kingdom, after WYH restored order in her capital, she is out to face the marching rebel leader (Chuang Wang), Li Xuerui and quell the rebellion one-to-one.

Outcome of the battle: To be concluded tomorrow

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

"Lin Dan mode" and "playing like Lin Dan" are two completely different things. I don't want to see sweet LXR become a Lin Dan in personality. How did WX get into this conversation? :confused:

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I enjoy your references to ancient China :)

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The kingdom has lost the All England territory control to Chuang Wang and now the rebel is eyeing to occupy the piece of land in India which was unconquered for so many years.

General Wang Shixian is assigned to complete this suicide mission without any military supplies or footsoldiers to deploy. Victory seems unlikely for her.. Whereas Chuang Wang had one footsoldier/combat expert to assist her, Jiang (Wei) Yanjiao to help her sally thru. At the moment, things aren't looking too good for the Wangs...

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I misintepreted the previous comment saying Wang Xin is the only person who has Lin Dan mode in her but nobody else..

I think Wang Xin adopted the playing sytle similar to Lin Dan and she can be unstoppable when she is playing with that mode switched on as well.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Over to Joseon Dynasty (Koryo), I see a lot of emerging players coming to challenge Chinese supremacy in the doubles disciplines...The only thing i keep pondering is why do they put Kang Ji Wook to play doubles but not singles, i thought he alongside with Lee Hong J make a good prospect for Korea's singles..

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    and Cute too, face+size terms..:)

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Her legs and speed are almost as strong as Ma Jin. Her defence and net play is as solid as LYB. Her judgment is on a par with LHJ.

But that stupid Korean coach is not very supportive. His look on his face is condescending.

#259 pcll99, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Chn rofl !!!

---------------------

LOL, why am I not surprised of the MS semi final outcome ?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why LD conceded walkover to CJ last night... hahahahahahaha:D:D:D

Someone need to tell CHN team that badminton is not like a VIDEO GAME where we can manipulate world ranking or write a program to produce the best outcome. ROFL !!!!!

----------------