Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how long does ina need to take to be comparable with china just like in 1990's?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

adding another 2.5 sens:
    ..on the men's side, maybe in 2+ more yrs (after the 2012 OG)? once the likes of LD, BCL, CY & FHF retire??..right now, CHN's Men's team is powerful because of those 4..
    ..on the women's side, CHN is still too strong, despite their WS players still trying to find who will be their no.1, 2, and 3 players. Their WD squad is also trying to find who will be their no.1, 2, and 3 pairs..

#1882 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

So are you saying that the current form is better than back in 80s? As far as I remember it was not as bad as now.

I really hope that you are right

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ahem, in the 1990s, China in MS and especially in MD was sub-par compared to INA MS and MD... Practically, throughout the 1990s, 5 of the top 10 MS players were from INA , and 5 of the top MD pairs were from INA... (at one time, 8 of the top 10 MS were from INA, the best CHN MS was ranked 20 or something)

Between 1980-1984, INA was still a top country in MS and MD. We did win the Thomas Cup in 1980 and 1984... lost the 1982 edition to China.

Later on, in the late 1980s... yup comparable to today... [just without any official WR back then]... China won virtually all World Championship, All England titles etc. and the Thomas & Uber Cups between 1986, 88, 90... In WS, WD, and XD, the late 1980s was terrible for us... even worse than today. At least today we are competitive in XD!

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The main issue that is preventing INA from producing more outstanding players: economics! Not enough financial incentive for parents to support/push their child to become top pros... Many (a vast majority) of parents love seeing their children play badminton at the amateur level, but won't encourage them to earn a living by becoming top pros... This wasn't the case for the parents in the early 1980s...

At that time, our top 2 MS players were: Liem Swie King and Icuk Sugiarto, both earned around US$ 120,000 per year from individual sponsorships... While the average earning of a family in that era was: US$800 per year in PPP terms, according to the CIA factbook]... so, the top MS player was earning 150 times more than the average family income. Not surprisingly, the parents of the likes of Susi Susanti, Alan Budikusuma, Ardi Wiranata, Candra Wijaya, Tony Gunawan, Harianto Arby, etc. were supportive for a badminton career for their kids.

The parents (being human) has aspirations that their kid will be financially well off like the top MS players... they discount the facts that so many mediocre players of those days earned $2000 per year. PLUS: there aren't many other alternatives that offer instant economic rewards. No vibrant stock market, no Indonesian Idol, no Sinetrons (TV dramas), no youtube Keong Racun instant success, nothing like that... :p

Today, our Taufik Hidayat and Sony Dwi Kuncoro earn around US$150,000 to US$120,000 per year... while the average family GDP is US$4000 per year... So they are earning 37 to 30 times more than the average... not as enticing as 150 times! :p And there were too many cases of mediocre players [still earning $2000 per year today] that end up in the streets afterwards... PLUS: there are many MANY other alternative careers that offer more instant success [with less downside] and other financially rewarding long-term careers..... I don't need to mention the examples, you guys know laaah...

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA Prize Money total is improving!

Let's look at this picture of total prize money in US$ that can be obtained by playing in our home soil:

2004 (estimated, because I forgot the exact figure and exchange rate)
    INA Open: $ 100,000
    INA National Circuits (four): $ 10,000
    INA Satellite: $ 1,500
    Independent tournaments (two): $ 5,000
    INA National Championships: $5,000
    Total: $121,500

2011 (estimated, because I assume everything will go as planned)
    INA Open Premier SS: $ 600,000
    INA GP Gold: $ 120,000
    INA Challenge: $ 15,000
    INA National Circuits (ten): $ 200,000
    Independent tournaments (four): $ 30,000
    Tangkas Alfamart Junior International: $ 30,000
    INA National Championships: $ 20,000
    Total: $ 1,150,000

More than 9 times larger in a span of 7 years... Hopefully there are more parents who will support their kids in becoming pros...:eek:

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hehehe...it has been a long time since Krisna write such long posts in this thread :p

From Krisna's post: "Later on, in the late 1980s... yup comparable to today... [just without any official WR back then]... "

Indeed, it is comparable. And it was also in late 80s that we began to see the prospects of new talents emerging like Alan, Ardi, etc. Not to mention the Doubles.

I will think that the situation in INA is NOT AS BAD as what some ppl here will think of. The performance of the players in the National Team may look bad, but, we do have some emerging talents that hopefully we can count on in the future!

At least in MD and XD, we should not worry.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My proposed Team INA for AJC & WJC 2011:

BS
    Riyanto Subagja - Kejurnas 2010 Winner for U-19; QF at WJC 2010.
    Arief Gifar Ramadhan - Winner of Sirnas Bali and Indocock Walikota Surabaya Cup 2010.
    Fikri Ikhsandi H. - Winner of 4 titles in Sirnas (U-16) for BS
    or Shesar Hiren Rhustavito - experience at AJC & WJC 2010 and Winner of Sirnas Manado

GS
    Hanna Ramadini - Winner of 2 Sirnas titles in 2010.
    Hera Desi Ana Rachmawati - Winner of Sirnas Bali & Indocock Walikota Surabaya Cup 2010. I think she's still eligible.
    Elizabeth Purwaningtyas - experience at AJC 2010.

BD
    Praveen Jordan/Rangga Yave Rianto - Winner of 4 Sirnas titles and the Candra Wijaya Badminton Championships 2010.
    Edi Subaktiar/Felix Kinalsal - Winner of 1 Sirnas title.

GD
    Aris Budiharti/Dian Fitriani - Winner of 3 Sirnas titles and the Tangkas-Alfamart Junior IC 2010.
    Anggia Shitta Awanda/Shella Devi - Winner of 3 Sirnas titles.
    or
    Melati Daeva Oktaviani/Ririn Amelia - Winner of 1 Sirnas title

XD
    Combination of BD & GD players.
    But I will suggest:
    Edi Subaktiar/Ririn Amelia - Winner of 2 Sirnas titles
    Hafiz Faizal/Shella Devi - Winner of Sirnas Bali & Tangkas-Alfamart Junior IC 2010.

I believe Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo, Yeni Asmarani, Ganis Nur Rahmandhini are all not eligible, otherwise, I will also include them in the list.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My preferred set-up of Pelatnas in 2011:

MS - Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Simon Santoso, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Evert Sukamta, Febrian Irvanaldi.

WS - Adriyanti Firdasari, Maria Febe Kusumastuti, Lindaweni Fanetri, Aprilia Yuswandari (ok she improves this year..), Bellaetrix Manuputty (she's the best one in Pratama).

MD - Bona Septano(doubtful)/Mohd Ahsan(retain), Rian Agung Saputro/Angga Pratama, Rendy Sugiarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan, Fernando Kurniawan/Wifqi Windarto (still doubtful too??), Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan, Andrei Adistia/Rahmat Adianto, Ricky Karanda Suwardi/Agripina Prima.

WD - Meiliana Jauhari/Greysia Polii, Shendy Puspa Irawati/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari, Annisa Wahyuni/Anneke Feinya Agustine, Suci Rizki Andini/Della Destiara Haris, Jenna Gozali/Variella Aprilsasi Putri, Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah/Gebby Ristiyani Imawan, Ayu Rahmasari/Dwi Agustiawati.

XD - Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir, Fran Kurniawan/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet, Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto, Mohd Rizki Delynugraha/Richi Puspita Dili (a new pairing, still under observation), Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Anggraini (stagnant this year, may consider dropping?), Hendra Mulyono/Ayu Rahmasari, Riky Widianto/Jenna Gozali.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    In the WS sector, we are atrocious... Thailand is going to be a force in the next coming years. Our mission now is to 'recruit' R. Inthanon [by marriage], thus making her an INA player... a strong addition to our WS for the next 10 years.... :D She is only 16, after all..... :D

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I see you have eliminated Maria Kristin... :( Oh well....... Hey, imagine if Inthanon is in this lineup... ;)

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, I am sad to see her go too...but at this moment, her results in international tourneys and her ommission from the Asian Games Squad this year certainly suggest that the coaches will probably not include her in Pelatnas next year :(

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yes. Sapsiree and Ratchanok will make Thailand's WS very formidable. They also have Rodjana (WJC winner in XD) playing WD too.

Unfortunately, INA's WS is our weakest link so far and that will remain the case unless we start identifying potential talents early. Players like Lya Ersalita and Russelly Hartawan (13 yo this year) will need to be pushed to the big stage soon!

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

IMHO, Maria Kristin will probably need to regain her motivation and confidence by returning to PB Djarum. Her case is similar to Nana's case last year....except maybe for the question of whether she still has the motivation to do it all over from the bottom again?

She will be taken care of in PB Djarum and should rise up very quickly by joining appropriate tourneys. But first, she needs to have the motivation! Without motivation, it's better for her to retire or become a coach.

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

:( :( :(
    Give her some chances..lets see her perfomance in indo gpg.. :)
    Believe or not she still the best in indonesia.. :)

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

From what i seen she dont really affected physically by her injure..
    but mentally she's too carefull..?
    Oh mky get well soon okey.. :)

But im agree she just return to Djarum and i very sure she will be send to more tourneys ,and of course she will play in sirnas.. Then can rise his 2008 confidence and 2008 form :)

#1896 miksss, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

If my degradation list:

MS
    Pratama ms almost all not have any improvent..they all lost in sirnas with club player..
    dark future :(

WS
    Tieke Arieda Ningrum

For sure i think belatrix manuputy will promote to utama..
    so utama line up:
    Firda
    Mky
    Febe
    April
    Linda
    Rizky amelia
    Belatrix manuputy

too much.??
    They need to 'Q' in a long line to be sent in tourneys..

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hahaha, better be quick, she's already attached to a non Indonesian player. Maybe one day become XXX's player, by marriage also :D:p

19. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    as i know,fung permadi moved to taiwan because of INA MS really strong that time,he never had chance to show his talent

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Really? I thought she's attached to an INA player, at least from what I know.