Rexy Mainaky as Coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Dont be that fast...wait for few weeks.........things may change

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From Haresh Deol's (Malay Mail) blogspot, datelined Friday, September 9

http://hareshdeol.blogspot.com/2011/09/rexy-will-sleep-in-malaysia.html

Excerpts:

...Perhaps Rexy could change the mindset of certain quarters that the women's and mixed doubles teams are equally important as the men's events.

...HD says: Ok Pak Rexy, now that's settle, let's go makan at Lookout Point Ampang?

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    At least I, personally think PBSI is not bad after all compare to BAM with such a mess....as I said, dont read what medias reported here.......

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Previously when TBH/KKK not training hard, Rexy threaten to quit. That tells us Rexy has pride and passion in his job. This time, I expect Rexy to quit as the writing is on the wall, just waiting for a place to go to. But until the next calling comes, not bad to get paid RM180K for the next 2 years, and enjoy watching this circus plays itself out. For NCC who makes this call, TKH who has to succeed and TBH/KKK who has to win, now it is pressure time.

#44 OneToughBirdie, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, Rexy's salary may not be the same. NSC will review his contract. Anyway, after OG 2012, for sure Rexy will say bye2 to BAM. Better he open his own training centre

6. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday September 11, 2011

Eei Hui happy with Rexy taking over the women’s doubles

By Kng zheng guan
    PETALING JAYA: Rexy Mainaky seems to have quashed, at least for now, speculation about his future following his “demotion” to being the coach of the women’s doubles and mixed doubles departments.
    Rexy, formerly head coach of the men’s doubles elite squad, brushed aside talk that he was unhappy with the move when he turned up at Stadium Juara to put his charges – Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty and the Ng sisters of Hui Lin-Hui Ern – through their paces yesterday.
    Questions arose about Rexy’s fate when his blue-eyed boys, the top pair of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, said they did not want to train under him any more.
    The BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee met on Friday and announced a structural revamp, with the men’s doubles elite and back-up squads being merged under the charge of Tan Kim Her.
    Rexy was relegated to becoming the women’s doubles and mixed doubles head coach and his main objective was to lead top the women’s pair of Eei Hui-Pei Tty and the mixed doubles combination of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying to the London Olympics next year.
    And one person who is definitely pleased with Rexy taking over the women’s doubles is veteran Eei Hui.
    “Pei Tty and I are no strangers to Rexy as we had trained under him for a while when Cheah Soon Kit left the BAM in 2007,” said Eei Hui.
    “Rexy is more hands-on ... and during training he will spar with us. This is good because he brings power and strength to the game and these will help us to improve.
    “Ultimately, our goal is to qualify for next year’s Olympics and we’re still hopeful of achieving it although it will very much depend on our results in the coming tournaments.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/11/sports/9468555.asp&sec=sports

7. eaglehelang

8. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday September 13, 2011
    Coach Rexy happy with new role as the women’s and mixed doubles supremo
    By KNG ZHENG GUAN
    PETALING JAYA: If he was unhappy, he certainly didn’t show it as Rexy Mainaky was smiling and laughing with his players during a training session at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    Rexy was thought to be deeply upset following the BA of Malaysia’s (BAM) decision to put him in charge of the women’s and mixed doubles squads.
    The former men’s doubles supremo said that he was happy coaching the women’s squad and that it was time to move on in his new role.
    “I accept BAM’s decision with a happy heart and, most importantly, all of us coaches are clear about our responsibilities and we will each do our best with content,” he said.
    [​IMG] Handle with care: National women’s doubles coach Rexy Mainaky will take into account Chin Eei Hui (right) and Wong Pei Tty’s past injuries during training to help them regain full fitness.
    Rexy, who was into his second day in his new role, then went on to speak about his plans for his charges.
    “This is my second day training the women, the first being Saturday. Although I will go into on-court details with each individual player, the training programme will not differ much from (Pang) Cheh Chang’s original programme,” he said.
    “Most of my players just came back from the Taiwan Open and I will need to have discussions with them.
    “I am also aware of (Chin) Eei Hui and (Wong) Pei Tty’s past injuries and I will take them into account during training in order to let them regain full full fitness and to prevent them from aggravating the injuries.”
    Guiding veteran Eei Hui-Pei Tty as well as mixed doubles pair Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying to the London Olympics next year is Rexy’s top priority for now.
    But he also said that he would work on a back-up plan in order to push the other pairs up the ranks in order to relieve the pressure on Eei Hui-Pei Tty and Peng Soon-Liu Ying.
    “It’s important to bring up the other pairs so that we do not solely depend on Eei Hui-Pei Tty. For a start, Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo have improved a lot and could be a top pair in a year or two,” he said.
    “As for the mixed doubles, I have spoken to Jeremy (Gan) and we will work out a plan to bring up Ong Jian Guo-Sabrina Chong to Peng Soon-Liu Ying’s level.
    “Jian Guo, for a start, needs to be more independent and start taking charge on court instead of relying on Sabrina.”
    The other women’s doubles pairs under Rexy’s charge are Marylen Ng-Lim Yin Loo and Ng Hui Lin-Ng Hui Ern while the mixed doubles pair is Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/13/sports/9485649.asp&sec=sports

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I actually like TAQ/LPJ more than OJG/CSC.

10. eaglehelang

http://www.hmetro.com.my/articles/Rexygembira/Article

Title : Rexy Happy.
    Basically Rexy says he's happy coaching the gals as the women are more 'open' than the men(surprise), in terms of discussing what's wrong with their game & ways to improve, etc,etc. Specifically that's refering to WPT/CEH. If other countries it's the men who're more open/forthright.

I thought supposed the females more sensitive than the males. Or Rexy means more obedient, hehe.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kim Her ‘a bit surprised’ to be head coach

Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011

http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opt...be-head-coach&catid=46:latest-news&Itemid=181

Excerpts:

“It was a bit of a surprise that they appointed me as the head for men’s doubles because I was still in Taiwan at that time,” said Kim Her after a training session at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    “I can’t say much about the appointment but I will meet Chin Chai and Kenny today to discuss my position.”

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Actually KIm Her knew along about this promotion....

14. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    The whole attitude that if MAL don't win its someone's fault is wrong. You could hire in the top coach from every other country and CHINA/DEN/KOR might still dominate Malaysia. Same goes for ENG , there are no shortcuts, if you look at what sort of under 19 players each country has you have a good idea where future titles might go.

15. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

dont forget thailand....and japan and.. denmark and....indonesia.....and.... well you get the point.. our kids are good. but once they grow up.. they are gone....bam is definitely not going in the right direction. (as if to answer that other thread)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ahem.
    Breaking news....

Vivian Kah Mun Hoo & Khe Wei Woon teamed up to win the WD championship at the Indonesian Open GPG 2011 today, knocking out and ending the giant-killing run of Bao Yixin & Qianxin Zhong of China. The MAS pair won 19-21 21-19 21-18

I guess Rexy's smile must have gotten even wider!!! :D:p

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Pang must be pissed....hahaha...Rexy has just trained them in few days....

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

important thing is Woon/Vivian won it for Malaysia...
    not Rexy or Pang....

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's magic... only few days can turn them into champions from semi-finalist... LOL!

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    At least it is a good result for Rexy first and not KKK. ;)