Canadian National Team Players' Websites/Blogs

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by towbsss, Jun 3, 2011.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you don't record anything in the meanwhile, chances are you might be able to recover the file with some file recovery software like http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1

2. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Nope, I don't think the footage is salvage-able because I deleted it directly off my SD card... :crying:

On a slightly brighter note, I have finished my blog on the US and Canada Opens. No new footage unfortunately, just a couple of pictures and how I spent most of my 2 weeks :p Sorry about the delay, but a bunch of us are training in Calgary to prepare for Worlds :)

http://towbsss.blogspot.com/2011/08/2011-us-grand-prix-gold-canada-grand.html

3. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Could I just ask what are your pre-match routine for a game that start approx. 2pm ? is always fascinate me how some players can get themselves in the zone !

4. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    I'm not too clear on your question, but if you're wondering how I prep for a match that starts at 2pm, I'd probably try to get a brief hit for an hour earlier in the morning if possible (maybe 8-9am), then refuel and rest until then. Obviously I'd go for an earlier lunch to digest properly and I would try to get to the venue an hour before the match. I know it changes from venue to venue based on warm up court availability, but generally I'd like to do some slow stretching while listening to music for about 20-30 mins, then try to hit on court for another 20-30 minutes. I need the stretching, as I'm personally quite stiff haha... but my coach has told me you should be able to get yourself ready in only 30 minutes, as I often see the Koreans warm up quite well in only a brief amount of time. Then again, that's probably because they've already hit earlier in the day and had a proper warm up. Hope that answers your question :)

5. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Music I find is very important. It puts my head in the right mood. I usually listen to some Guns N' Roses or AC/DC. Maybe a little Rush. Get me pumped and ready to go. I love oldies rock :) Black Sabbath is good as well.

6. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Thanks , you answered my question . When will your team be arriving to London ?

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I guess team Canada is not that much interest for "big guys" like Li-Ning and Victor, as the level isn't really "up there"? And Black Night is proably, as you say both to small, and would not provide better stuff than YY.

8. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    @staiger
    I think most of us will arrive around noon-ish on Saturday, while a couple of players will come late Friday night, and some on Sunday I believe. Of course, we had to book our own flights, so that's why we're all scattered around :p

@twobeer
    I'm not sure how it worked, but I suppose Yonex Canada went and made an offer to Badminton Canada and they accepted. I was told that Victor Canada didn't have a chance to 'bid' for the National Team contract, so I would be guessing that the other companies didn't get a shot either (i.e. Wilson, Black Knight). Li Ning doesn't seem to be very big in Canada yet, as I haven't seen too many people using it, and there are also no sponsored players that I know of in Canada. Regardless, 10 out of the 13 National Team players are already using Yonex, and the other 3 (2 Black Knight, 1 Babolat) were given the option to switch, but they turned it down.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Can you get an individual racket sponsor? A few of the Japanese use Wilson, for example, and even if they have to wear the Yonex team apparel, they probably still get some money for using different rackets. Can you do the same? You probably signed a contract with Yonex for a year, but are you free to play with other rackets after that?

10. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

I guess we could still possibly get our own sponsorship and be on the canadian national team. there are members who are on the national team who are not sporting yonex gear. they just wont have any access to the money yonex canada has allocated to badminton canada to use for the national team. i guess if you get more money somewhere else, why not...

but in the meantime, those who want to see the pov of a canadian at the 2011 world champs, please take a look at my blog here: www.derrickng.ca

thanks!

11. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Just followed your 1st round match against those Thai's , good win !!! what a 1st game !!! Good luck in the 2nd round

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    29-27 (!!!) / 21-19

good job. good luck in the next round Derrick.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Excellent job and another nail in the coffin for my Badminton Star fantasy team :D

Hope Towbs can record the Bruce Li match later tonight (in 720 :cool:)

I'm still trying to figure out what it is exactly that you the players get out of Team Canada's Yonex money? Just material and national team duty flight & accomodation?

14. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Boe and Mogensen next round , that should be an interesting game ......

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    your XD match is about to start. good luck!

16. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Thanks for your support everyone! Wasn't a great match at all :( Oh well... if you're wondering why Grace is wearing glasses though, she got smashed in the face with a racquet last Wednesday when we were playing this 4 v 4 Doubles (1-touch) game. Her and someone else collided with her getting all of the damage.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it was a decent match. took you guys a while to find your rhythm but it was a bit too late.

i think she look cute with glasses... :p but then she look rather uncomfortable with it.

18. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Commiseration Toby , as Kwun said it took you guys a bit too long to find the rhythm that might be due to the all the traveling and hassle in organising the accommodation etc . In addition, Grace has abit of trouble playing with glasses .

hopefully you guys should push on from now to get that spot for the Olympic !

I guess all those rioting and looting in London didnt help

19. random.badmin1

random.badmin1 Regular Member

Wow, a great match today by Michelle Li even though she wasn't able to beat [TABLE="width: 84"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Pui Yin Yip (21-23, 21-17, 17-21). Looked at the stats and looks like it was a great match. Too bad that match wasn't on the TV court....would be a nice match to watch!

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Toby, did you guys have enough time to get a feel for the arena, in preparation for next year?