2014 Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS : SEMIFINALS & FINALS (5th & 6th April 2014)

Discussion in 'Malaysia GPG / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Apr 4, 2014.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Lin Dan must be fuming. He still can't retire.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think LCW is now playing his best badminton ever. The way he is playing right now, I'm not sure if a rusty LD can beat him.

And CL lost to LCW again. I wonder if there will be any demotions happening in the MS coaching staff like ZN a few months ago.

#302 Qidong, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i do think china pplayers not peaking now... tomas cup and asian games

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

[h=2]Chong Wei tames Chen Long for Indian Open title[/h]
    KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei further cemented his status as the king of the Superseries when he nailed his third Indian Open men’s singles title in style.

Yesterday, the 31-year-old Chong Wei showed impressive resilience to beat Chen Long of China 21-13, 21-17 in a 55-minute final that depicted top class badminton from both players.
    The New Delhi win put Chong Wei’s record one up on Chen Long, having beaten the latter nine times in their 17 big clashes.
    It was also the Malaysian’s third Superseries title this year after pocketing the Malaysian Open (January) and All-England (March). He only missed one after losing to Chen Long in the final of the Korean Open in January.

Three-time All-England champion Chong Wei was delighted to beat his closest rival Chen Long for the second time this year.
    “I defeated him at the All-England last month and now I got the better of him again after overcoming a tough fight. I am happy with this victory,” said Chong Wei, who was also the Indian Open winner in 2011 and 2013.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei got off to a brilliant start to take a 7-1 lead to spark a great promise of victory. It however, did not take too long before Chen Long charged back into the game with his strong and powerful smashes but Chong Wei kept his cool to take the opener.
    The second game was nail-biting with Chong Wei and Chen Long locking horns from the start but the Malaysian pulled off excellent drop shots and terrific pick-ups to outfox the latter to romp home for a win.
    “I am thankful for the overwhelming support from my friends and Indian fans here,” said Chong Wei after his win, to cheers from his passionate badminton followers.
    “I will be competing in the Singapore Open next (starting on Wednesday) and I will be out to add one more title to my collection,” said Chong Wei.
    Chen Long is skipping the Singapore Open and, in his absence, second seed Kenichi Tago of Japan and China’s Du Pengyu will be the main challengers.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

One word for Lee CW, perfect. It's like AE final déjà vu when Lee CW outclassed Chen L in straight-sets, quite anti-climax as we're waiting more intensity and thrilling final clash between Lee CW v Chen L. Three doubles category finals served intriguing encounters also all CHN affair in WS as well who displayed world class quality.

China and Denmark scooped 2 titles each, not good day for Kim Ha Na as she lost two finals.

Next, the attention of badminton fans will shift to Lion City ;)