Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yawn....same old stuffs being rewritten times and again.

Fact is: TH is an Olympic Gold Medallist, 2x Asian Games Winners and a World Champion.

INA SS, Singapore SS, etc are just another name for what used to be the INA Open, Singapore Open, etc. And, Taufik had won those events before.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..any more biggie for Taufik on the horizon??..chance for 3x (in a row) Asian Games winner to add to the collection??..never been done before you know..;);)

..you forgot, 3x MS Badminton Asia Champions..;)

#382 ctjcad, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Chris,,,Yes,...TH is one of 4 Kings...because he does not win SS does not mean he is not...
    Let me ask you...doLCW and Gade deserve to be one of 4 kings..???
    Like Badmania said he had even won INA Open 6 times, Tokyo,etc...

We will not get worked up but in the past...you have been criticizing TH and LCW till no end...no offence...I am not sure if you are one of TH's fan...
    Do you think Gade will win another big one or SS in future???
    Chris...trust me...even all players prefer to surrender their 20 SS for one Olympic..look at LD...after winning OG..he even does not care about the ranking or winning SS anymore...his journey is complete with Olympic Medal...

So what id TH's chance is slim in winning SS...It is not you to decide whether TH is one of 4 kings or not...the public decide it..like it or not..He is still one of 4 kings and sponsors want him to play...
    As I said..if TH does not deserve to be one of Kings then Gade and LCW should not be there...TH's achievement is much greater than other 3..

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Another PEMUDA is born at last....:D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Everybody please calm down!:D..

Whatever it is, Taufik is still one of the best ms player out there. So what if he doesn't win SS title or anything..;)

He did won the OG and WC before.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

George's words make the most sense.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Dear Hau-ge,

Yes, the LCW and Gade deserve to be in the 4 kings list, based on their achievements..
    In all honesty, i don't really care if he wins a SS or not. I hope he does but i could care less.
    What we're discussing is his chance to win another biggie; i don't know why this is not clear??..why keep bringing up the SS issue?..
    *For the SS issue, my point is, if TH is one of the Kings, why he hasn't won a SS title yet? A "small" title..Just imagine LCW, as one of the 4 kings, but he hasn't won a SS title yet; imagine the feeling of all the M'sian BCers...Or say LD, as one of the 4 kings, but hasn't won a SS title yet; imagine the feeling of all the Jia You fans...Same with Taufik..

I understand if bringing up facts may sound like a criticism.

Do i think Gade will win another biggie in the future? My feeling is also the same like Taufik (very2 slim to none, same reasons). SS, who really cares, as he has won a few already..:cool:

Again, no one is discussing abt TH's chance in winning SS; please get that..We're (started w/RSLvictorSOTX) discussing abt TH's chance in getting another biggie (WC, OG and AE, which can be considered a SS). Not a SS title.
    Who says i'm the one deciding whether TH is one of the 4 kings or not??..please don't put words into my mouth..:cool:
    And who says TH does not deserve to be one of the kings??..:confused:

Achievements?? No comments as we're not even discussing abt achievements..:eek:
    ..or i could be re-born as your best buddy, another cooler..:eek:

#387 ctjcad, Jul 6, 2010
  8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Chris..look at the way you wrote about TH...the way you question if TH is one of 4 kings or not..
    TH won BIG ones except AE...
    Whats your criteria that Gade and LCW deserve to be top 4 and TH does not?? they have no OG/WC ...right now he is not at his peak and he enjoys playing...so whats your problem????
    I am not the only one who thinks you are cornering TH....
    So the whole points is what do you want on TH???seriously...if he plays then you question if he can win BIG or SS...if we answer that he may not win BIG or SS then you said that he does not deserve to be 4 of Kings...Gade has not won anything lately either...
    I do not care you are reborn as Cooler or Pemuda here....

#388 huangkwokhau, Jul 6, 2010
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Dear Hau-ge,
    calm down!...calm down!..no one is attacking you!..:eek:
    so, you never wonder why between TH, Gade, LCW and LD, only Taufik never won a single SS title yet???..36+ plus chances??..not once a yr chance??..
    Where am i questioning if TH is 1 of 4 kings or not??..
    I have no problem w/Mr. Taufik.

(Now, please take a deep breath & read this below as slow as you can so you won't get another misunderstanding):
    All i'm writing is I'm just putting my opinion that the chances of TH winning another biggie are very2 slim and none (the reasons, i gave already). That is to counter RSLvictorSOTX's opinion that he believes TH still can. I don't see what's wrong with both opinions. He puts his opinion forth and i put my opinion forth...And now i'm getting lambasted and shot all over the place because i think what i feel???..

There is nothing i want on Taufik to prove. I could care less if he wins or not win a SS or another biggie.
    Of course if he keeps failing i would keep wondering whether he still can win another biggie.
    Again, who says TH does not deserve to be one of 4 kings if he doesn't win SS or another biggie??..

#389 ctjcad, Jul 6, 2010
  10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Chris...slim chance is not ZERO chance...
    if you participate in one tournament , you have a bigger chance that you are not entering the tournament..
    I think they way you wrote ( i am not only one) that it seems that you are attacking TH for no reason...
    Leave TH alone and let him play either he will win SS or biggie one as everybody knows that TH is not young..
    If you have a chance to meet TH..he will tell you why he keeps playing eventhough his other business is waaaaaaaaaay better..

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Dear Hau-ge,
    Well, that is my opinion on Taufik's chances of winning another biggie. Realistically. I gave as sound reasonings as possible on why i think that way. If he would, i'll be glad if he proved me wrong.:cool:
    I wrote slim chance so that i won't upset his supporters (incl. you);)..of course slim is not zero..:eek:

Attacking TH for no reason??..nah, i was merely pointing out facts (in case there are those who are reading & don't know much abt his accomplishments)..

I will try to ask him a few (interesting ) questions when he's here for the U.S. Open and share with you guys (maybe will show a video interview w/him)..;)

And i'll pass him your warmest regards, too..;)

#391 ctjcad, Jul 6, 2010
  12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    don't get panda eyes asking taufik ''hey, you got a slim chance of winning a biggie so you should come to usa or canada more often''

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What is most heartening to see in IO10 about Taufik is how motivated and physically improved he is. He should not be underestimated as long as his motivation is high. There are clear indications that his stamina and fitness are better than ,say,two years ago. Taufik (and PG) only lose to LCW and LD because of speed. In two years, anything can happen to LCW and LD's natural speed. If their speed comes down, then the speed gap will be minimal and LCW and LD will have little speed advantage over TH and PG; the matches should get interesting.
    I hope both PG and TH maintain themselves until OG12 because both are terrific badminton kings and by continuing to play at a high level and regularly at tournaments, at the expense of being 'upset' by younger players, their contribution to badminton is priceless and probably will be unmatched in that sense by both LCW and LD. LD plays for himself and now is only interested to win 'big' ones; PG and TH play for the sport of badminton, even if their chances of winning a title is slim. But I believe both PG and TH will have the chance to win a title in the run-up to OG12.

14. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

totally agree with Badmania on his statement:

Fact is: TH is an Olympic Gold Medallist, 2x Asian Games Winners and a World Champion.
    PLUS : Taufik Hidayat is the first player ever in Badminton History that WON Olympic Gold and WC at the same time...and he won them all in the best manner (OLD SCORING SYSTEM)...:) ..also...2 x Asian Games winner..2002 (old Scoring System) and 2006 (new scoring system)...on route of winning the 2006 asian games ..he beat BCL, LCW and LD all in straight games....in 2005 WC also LCW and LD straight sets...

INA SS, Singapore SS, etc are just another name for what used to be the INA Open, Singapore Open, etc. And, Taufik had won those events before.

So to all taufik hidayat haters......pls think carefully before throwing a comment into the BC forums

also what more can you ask taufik to prove?????

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..go ask RSLvictorSOTX as he wants to see Taufik win another biggie..:cool:

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    bc members certainly hope not another one pemuda...

that is a good way to pass the button in a men's relay team event..

when the fact is ...

it was your turn to pick up the button

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    button?? or baton :confused::confused::confused:
    btw, chris ctjcad and hauge are partner during the friendly tourney in KL during TC..
    now i know why they lost the game :D:D:D just kidding..
    cheer up....

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya, should be baton not button, sorry

as i also found it funny after posting

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if you are referring to the last few pages in this thread and to a particular member

i think this member is not a hater, its probably a guy who thinks he can prove taufik's winning future

and he messed it up and end up with a lot of members thinking that he is anti-taufik

i maybe wrong but i know the discussion was so looong....:D

20. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    TH has always been my favourite MS player and will probably for a very long time!