All time best selling Yonex racket???

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes it maybe a good candidate too but i think its too early to tell. I've only seen one guy use it at where i play so far.

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

It was very popular at the begining (with all the marketing efford by YY) but then everyone (including me) seems to be a bit disappointed with it. In my case, im thinking maybe im not good enough to get the best out of it.

Certainly Ti10 or AT700 have a more long lasting impact in the market

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You just inspired me not to buy more racket :)
    But still, i wont tell your story to my wife. Otherwise she would make use of it againts me :D:D:D:D

4. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    I think Ti10 should be on the top considering the modern era rackets are not so bullet proof as the Cab series. Saw many Ti10 'died' and those that 'died' is being replaced by another Ti10. Based on that, I make my conclusion.

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Haha:D:D............that is THE ONLY racket type from Yonex that was so influentially damn good at that time where my style of play back then depends hugely by it even to the extent i was unable to change to the other racket brand (i.e Pro Kennex etc) or even the other racket type within Yonex brand. I tried back Cab. 8 and even Cab. 15 but my "arm and wrist" seems to reject it already:p.

Bro...you won't believe it but i swear you that i still kept 9 out of the 12 Cab. 9 that i won,bought and given by my colleague between the 80's till the last one i bought in Pertama back in 2002. Even the original made in Japan before they shift the production to Taiwan i still got and still playable with BG66 strung at 28lbs. 3 already stolen, only god know when coz already forgot. 5 out of the 9, its aluminium frame already being rebuilt back through welding process more than twice and the remaining 4 still in fine condition. Telling you this like remain me my young days............:p

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Gosh, that's a real valid point with a mighty sense of humor there:D!

7. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I think it is very hard to really judge it. Why?

1) The racket that you listed above, other than Ti-10, CAB20,and AT700 (assuming is the AT700 OLD), the rest like AT900P/T, ARC ZS, NS9900, etc are all new rackets that is born after year 2000. So, unless your question/poll is What is the popular new generation rackets (after year 2000), then those list are valid. If your question is ALL TIME, bear in mind, Yonex started with Wooden rackets (back in 1961 as YONEYAMA, if not mistaken), then our faourite CAB 8, CAB9, CAB20, CAB21, etc even MP series, like MP55, etc before MP 99 and MP100. So, ALL TIME, i think we are not able to really judge which is really sell the most, perhaps YONEX themselves can provide some insight, if they keep track of each model's sales record.

2) IF you are just saying which one sells most, all time, then please don't forget Yonex has many more entry level, mid level rackets that is seldom, if not NEVER mentioned in this forum as we are all more "high end" crazy (me is one of them as well :D :D :D). For example, a Mid level MP 22, MP23 is one of the best seller as well, so it is hard to imagine......

For the fun of your question though, i think FROM YOUR list, there is only Ti-10 and AT700 OLD can slog it out as they are almost "evergreen". Unless, of course you classify them into Ti-10 first gen, Ti-10 2n gen and Ti-10 3rd gen.

:p

#27 tckang, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I agree with all that. I was just actually hoping someone who has inside info from YY can share. If so, it actually will be a marketing study. For us players, it will be very interesting, because from one side understood the end product and from the otherside we also know what YY is trying to do (eg. the Ti-10 3 gen). So from that we can measure (this includes the size and growth of the market) the effectiveness of each strategy.

But I guess, that would be YY top secret isn't it?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

9. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I would be more interested to know if anyone of us here in BC DO keep or has hand me down very first Yonex racket, i.e YONEYAMA wooden rackets between 1961 - 1965 .....That would really be the vintage of the vintage man ....wonder what price it can fetch in this 21st century? :p

Sorry for Off topic a little hehe

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Off-topic... but wasn't born yet in the ''LSD'' period or the ''make love not war'' era:).

However, if the Ti-10s Gen 1 & 2 are mark-up for sale at USD 1,100+ and CAB 20 at USD350 - 500...I really wonder how much the YoneYama wooden rackets would fetch these days.

To put into perspective though, the wooden rackets deteriorates faster than the graphite rackets, so probably the value of the wooden rackets wouldn't be that much (unless it has never been strung), I guess:confused:?

Yes, I guess we can classify it into pre-Mellinium and Mellinium rackets. My bet is on AT700 old because of all the enhancement and technologies and cult followings!

11. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Not to mentioned in termites infected areas your Yoneyama will be Yum yum Food for the termites hahahaha
    AT700Old, yes, but not forget Ti-10 Gen 1 has also reach similar "cult" level ...especially in Asia. People are willing to source and GRAB it at any cost....

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

A friend brought a Cab8 yesterday nite, it was an absolute beauty in 100% perfect condition. As soon as look at it my memories flocked back 20yrs hahaha...... then i hold the racket in my hand and expecting i would pass out, but i have to say its so HEAVY and i wondered how did i learn baddy using such racket......now i know and appreciate what technology brings to our life

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Heh, you can still get one for a training racket: heavy and small sweet spot! :)

14. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    we can't compare old and new era as Yonex now has to struggle against the fakes :(

15. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I would say you are missing off NS 8000 and NS 9000S/X. NS 8000 is a very popular racket in my local club\area and NS 9000 is all I ever seem to end up stringing...

I also see AT700, AT900P and MP99 a lot. The original ti-10 I am told was also THE racket to have in the late '90's early '00's. Haven't seen many ZS, seen a few AS10 but more AS7. I have never seen an AT900T...

One thing you have all forgotten is the low end Yonex rackets. How many of those are sold a year to beginners/recreational players looking for a cheap racket. I see an awful lot more of those than I do high end Yonex rackets :p

16. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I think the best selling yonex racket series will be the Carbonex..

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    No chance to ask you. How was the Yonex racquet you got on our TC gathering? Good? Are your smashes as hard as LCW now?

18. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Hey Nokh88,

It is a great racket... my smashes are still the same..

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good to hear this. Remember not to sell it off.

20. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Is there any official source ? a ranking published by YY or something ?