Yonex overgrips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by aznese, May 8, 2013.

1. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    Hey guys, im looking for the best overgrip. Currently I am using the Super Grap except I make it like the wave by folding it over to get that bumpiness, the tackiness, or grip is good for like 2 hours of practice for me, then it rips and its useless, I was wondering if the moist grip, or the which grip is the best for me. Maybe a review of all the yonex grips currently would be very helpful. I am looking at these currently AC104EX (Wave Grap), AC105EX (Mesh Grap), AC133EX (Strong Grap), AC143 (Tacky Fit Grap), AC148EX (Moist Super Grip). I think I have used the Moist Super Grap that came with my Arc 10 Peter Gade, Im not sure, however I need a grip thats tacky like the Super Grap in the beginning, can handle a lot of sweat and stay tacky, and is very durable. Tackiness is not really a big deal as long as the racket doesnt slip.

2. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

3. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

Haha, yay someone who agrees with me that the super grap sucks :D. In my opinion, the wave grap is the best from Yonex as it's tacky, comfortable, and quite durable. If you want a REALLY tacky grip (from Yonex) the strong grap is great. I thought it was going to rip my hand off! However it doesn't last very long... maybe a bit more durable than the super grap. Currently I use RKEP grips and they're actually very nice. I recommend the Power master and King grip; they are both tacky (the king grip is extremely tacky so beware?). They are also the most durable grips I have used so far but they are replacement grips; not over grips.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I have never tried a yonex grip that doesn't suck.

Try RKEP G09. Beats every yonex grip by a big margin.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

6. fauci

fauci Regular Member

with 102EX, you see signs of wear already after a few games. Karakal overgrips work much better for me.

7. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I'm using AC102EX as well. Don't stretch it too much while wrapping, wrap it a bit more loose, then it's longer tacky.
    Changing Overgrip every 3 weeks, think that's okay.

8. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    I am using AC102EX also and I do have to change my grips about once a month.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i don't play enough and my hands rarely sweat, so even yonex supergrap works well, but i have to agree with most that yonex overgrips are generally not the best bang for the money, at all!

10. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    Actually it is quite good you just grip it lossely and it works very nicely, i play everyday for 3 hours in the summer its 8 hrs

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    relatively speaking, it's not that good as others have mentioned, i've tried a few other grips out there and actually most of them have lasted longer than the yonex supergrap. but i have to say, the most comfortable grip is the yonex supergrap and i have dry hands by the way, so our experiences could be different.

12. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    i have sweaty hands when i play in the summer and after every shot, the racket will twist slightly, its a pain sometimes.