Lightest yonex racquet around?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by paroxysmal, Jul 28, 2011.

1. carvalhosa

carvalhosa Regular Member

service industry
    i will go for NS9900
    Light n well balance

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i wish to buy a racket with 78g in weight with +/- 2g. Medium stiffness. Any recommendation?

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Look at Carlton Powerflo Superlight 800R

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    thanks. let's see if i can find it in Hong Kong.

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    One important point - Dont judge the racquet on first day. Light racquets takes a week or two to getting used to. When I started using Karakal Mtec70, I started getting shoulder pain. I stayed with it and I kick some good local asses with it now. Impressed by it, I have just acquired Karakal BN60, which is supposed to be the lightest. First day I was struggling to toss the shuttle beyond midcourt! But slowly I am getting used to it too.

Advantage of using light racquets - I still have Armortec 900P, Li Ning N90, NS9900, Arcsaber Z Slash, MP800. I was a big fan of above racquets. But I used to get tired very soon, especially towards the end of a tough game. Head heavy racquets create immense stress on your body, especially you limbs. Switching over to light racquet suddenly made the pain, stress and tiredness go away. While I used to last 5-6 games at a stretch with earlier racquets, I last almost double with light racquet. And the court coverage has increased too. Now my current aim is to getting used to BN60. Even if I dont, I am quite happy with Mtec70.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
  8. yitao

yitao Regular Member

There will be a new racket Arc-FB coming out. 6U weight only 73g.

9. zen_smash

zen_smash Regular Member

What about Nanoray 800, i find its very light, lighted then my previous racket ns8000 but alas i broke my nr800 last night when trying to take a smash and clashed with someone elses racket... i dont know if my nr800 was a fake one or not now... nonetheless are lighter rackets more prone to breakage?

my vtzf takes a beating and keeps ticking ... but I usually switch to nr800 later in the night after 1-2 hours of playing as my hands get too tired to weild the vtzf effectively ( clears make it half court)

10. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I've the BN60 too. It's one kick-ass racket... Court coverage goes up, defense is over the roof, and it's got decent power for something so light..

11. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    I support the BN60 as well. I weigh 120 lbs (anorexic I know..) but my swing speed is ridiculously fast with the BN60. I smash/ or jump smash way harder with the BN60. I have M-Tec 70 and NS9900 before I bought the BN60. My NS9900 was strung at 24lbs, M-Tec 70 at 28lbs, and BN60 at 27 lbs. I used Bg 80 power strings except the BN60 which I use Bg 65 instead (supposedly Bg80 power is way better for smashes than 65, ironic). I am a B level player in california, and I honestly believe a good player can play with any racket. I can play with any racket with technicality and hard smashes. But due to my skinny weight I perform really well with the BN60. But thats just my opinion.

TL DR: I think people do their best with rackets that accommodates their swing speed and body weight (hence why people get tired from heavier racket)

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I used to play with a Black Knight Photon SL (Super Light). The racquet weighs 75g, has what BK calls a "Power Channel" i.e. the inner frame is heavily grooved and is officially rated for up to 24 lbs tension, but I know guys who used to string at 28...

I used to string it with BG80 prestretched 10% at 22/24. It still packed a powerful punch! Very responsive and accurate, and with a fairly stiff shaft. An excellent doubles racquet, and great for singles when you need something lighter than a sledgehammer.

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    B level in SoCal is A in NorCal!!! Good stuff!!!

14. zmwoody

zmwoody Regular Member

voltric 30 84g stung and overgrip FB 83g stung and overgrip

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is there a Yonex racket which is around 78g?

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I believe the ARC-FB is going to be available in 5U next month (or was it this month? not sure...) so it should be in the 76-78g range...

17. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    +1... I would buy a 5U FB if the store discount it enough.. 6U FB feels too light to generate power, unless you have a pro player's wrist lol.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Actually its just F which is 73g. What you are referring to is the grip size which they have available in G5 and G6.

G4 is also available too which I saw at a Yonex Authorized dealer in Canada on the weekend.