How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the most obvious and the most remembered one is OG04, when he lost to ronald susilo in the 1st round;)

2. dollielove

dollielove Regular Member

Student
    Bad couching..

I think that the existence of Misbun made CW feel depression and stress:confused:..it's true..to Misbun, it's not the time to write anymore when your player started to play..especially when he made it into final..for example in this kinda CW-Lin Dan situation..I would like to compare his behaviour to other couches..like the opponent's couch..are they doing the same thing as Misbun did?I mean it's time to give support and encouragement on your players NOT just sit there like a tree-stump! CW beat Lin Dan all by himself without any couching as Lin Dan does! Salute on him!:)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LD is alot different player now than 4.5 years ago.
    Just like TH fans, u guys like to talk about the long past
    In badminton 4 yrs or more is a long time. Most don't even last that long.

4. george@chongwei

but that's the most remembered 1st round upset remember by most of the badminton fans;)
    its in my note book;)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Yup, lcw can't beat LD, tops and lows:p:p

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    what's that supposed to mean? I thought he already did, few times...:p

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Trying to be cool, eh?
    You are cool enough, cooler.

8. george@chongwei

chong wei already did beat lin dan few times:p for your info

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

It is amazing that bolehians are still gloating over that SO win. Just amazing!

I hope bolehians find this self satisfying because yes, LCW won that SO by beating LD but look who is keeping the OG gold medal? Who has a few WC titles nicely tucked away?? Who has a string of AE medals in his back pocket? Or who has the most SS titles todate??

Knowing bolehians, big titles dont count. Ok fair enough then ... what about the head to head between LD/LCW?? Who won the most??

Yes, credit to LCW for beating LD in the SO (too bad LCW was unable to do it in the AE ;)) but look what happened in the India Open?? :eek: 'Food poisoning'! Inflight meal served by the airline then followed by food served at a restaurant outside the hotel and coupled with poor match officials. Which is which la???

I know food poisioning is tough when it hits you but I must give credit to LCW for taking CL to 3 sets. It is unbelievable that LCW can last 3 tough sets with food poisoning. Kudos to LCW!!

10. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Food for thoughts from Pemuda once again.
    Funny how the players react when they know they will lose or lost - TH and his 'infamous' walkout & hitting into the net...., LD rather sulks than talk, then we have LCW whose excuses whom you guys have been dwelling with.

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    For LD, sulks and come back stronger, rite?
    Don't overdo the sulking ok, you'll be nice.

12. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

lol.... Then later let Hafiz beat CL.. tsk.... not bad indeed LCW.. respect!! or you can say restecp!! (yes restecp!!) to bring it to 3 games... thats a real sportsman, real hero! :D

13. modious

modious Regular Member

Well I wouldn't exactly classify Ronald Susilo as an unknown.

FYI, Ronald Susilo won the Japan 2004 MS title a few months before the 04 Olympics.

14. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

Err.. who's Ronald Susilo?

Chill mate, just foolin'.. :D

15. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Why are people giving either of the professional players crap lol....Lin Dan has performed amazingly over the past years and has turned out 1 of the most successful players of all time. Lee Chong Wei has been fighting hard with countless losses to him. Pressure from the media and his country to finally perform now that he is world #1.

He beat him fair and square with a great performance. Both LCW and LD have my highest respect because they are truly amazing athletes. What does it matter that it was AE and it was SO? Its still a big achievment and its still a good title to take.

Get rid of the childish criticism and show some positive support once in a while.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

we gave our comments, let hear some from u, mr. badminton coach:D

badminton coach

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    cooler real cool

that's true i don't deny that but wonder why i don't see anything in your profile accept you still play with feathers and plastic? :D:D

actually you are very knowledgeable person, very analytical when it comes to professional players' stuff like lcw, pg, th etc without topping the list, ld.

i have read a lot of your posts (it's almost in every forum!) and mind a bit headache though!

but it seems a lot of your post make sense and also logical. i don't know if other bcers agrees with me or not? anyway everybody should give a thumb's up for cooler with over 20,000 posts! :):)

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    to beat ld, the closest rivals is lcw and cj and even if these 2 combined it will not be easy to beat him, if can happen, it would not be a consistent beatings.

ld is one of a kind, very rare in fact and china ba can't find one similar to him yet. he is a smart player and he knows what to train so that he can put them to good use depending on who he meet. that's the reason why he backed out of the recent m.o. 2010.

his game is simple, he can easily toy with his opponent as he can use his hands movement more (control), legs less while his opponent uses everything..

how he does that is purely inside his mind - he is ever ready, his mental is strong and can anticipate faster..all this lie in his training back home! he has already hinted to us!

#319 pBmMalaysia, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hehehe, thx for your compliments:)
    I'm just a jack of all trades but expert at none:D

I suggest u limit your daily reading intake of my posts, it can be overwhelming and too concentrated for some:p

My occupation is reading emails and hunting rocks, and i did fill in all the input fields.

When i first join bc, i did not know any international pro players, i mean none at all. I have to thanks bf members for educating me on this subject. It took me ~2 years to decide i better learn about them coz i wasn't able to keep up with all the yapping about those pro with funny names:p It's great that u guys understood abbrev. of their names coz i still can't spell 75% of them correctly:D

Canada has no big name badminton heros, therefore i am less emotional about the international ones.:cool:

#320 cooler, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010