New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    IT IS NOTHING LIKE THE VT80.

The difference between 300 and 315 is astronomical.

Get a 4U MX80. They're all around 85g gross, and aren't noticably down on power compared to heavier versions, and as a result are very quick. On court they are stiffer than the VT80 though, just to warn you.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

A 4U will always be quicker than the same racket in 3U - the BP is only for orientation. Two different models with exactly the same weight and BP could play completely different, depending on a number of factors. The MX80 is much, much quicker than the VT80, and not as demanding concerning the sheer weight. It's stiffer though, so maybe you'll still find it more demanding than the VT.

3. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

My MX-80s keep getting better and better. Currently playing with mine with BG66UM @ 28lbs. The power out of this thing is ridiculous!

Also mine are 3U versions, no issue with speed whatsoever over here. My previous NS9000 was slightly quicker but nowhere near as powerful!

4. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    i love my mx80 3u! really enjoy smashing, driving n defending with this racket. =) for me, this racket is great enough. superb.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

So you've gone from one of the head heaviest racket around to one of the stiffest racket around... be forewarned, neither are for weak players.

I have a feeling you'll be reporting back in 1-2 weeks time that it's too demanding.

Meanwhile don't forget to string it 1-2 lbs less tension than your usual, due to the extra stiff shaft.

6. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Yea I know what you mean. I do have a pretty fast swing though so I hope it works out Ok for me. Just in case I don't like it, does a 4U MX80 have a good resale value?

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Probably better percentage wise than VT80 :)... now that VTZF is out.

8. ioxyg3n520

Hmm i see. My friend would like to know how the MX80 compares to the MX60. I'll post my results here of how my MX80 plays for me once I have a chance =]

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You've been quite thorough with your enquiries. I hope the MX80 works out for you. :)

10. ioxyg3n520

Lol thanks. Btw I was just wondering. Does an extra super stiff racket like the mx80 make steeper smashes harder to perform than less stiff rackets?

11. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

its all due to timing, i'd say stiffer rackets would be easier to do a steep smash but more tiring (also less powerful unless you're a pro). so your consistency will go down :p

12. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    i think it's ok due to we play on recreational purpose. just to sweat and get healthy. the main purpose is to have fun or enjoy the game. =) we are incomparable with the pros as the pros training like hell including technique and stamina. Baddy is theirs' career, therefore they must do the best.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ i dont know about you, even though we're social, we're pretty competitive when we play... we play to win

every little bit of power, accuracy, speed, and maneuverability from the racket helps...

14. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    yes, even though it's just for recreational purpose, with high passion,technique and better equipment, we can play better game. =)

15. ioxyg3n520

Hi. Usually, I'm used to the tension on rackets to be 24-25 since over a few games they tend to drop a little. But since you guys are saying the mx80 makes tension feel a lot tighter, which tension should I go for?

16. visor

visor Regular Member

ummm... 23-24?!

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I play the same tension I used on my old racket. Didn't find that much of a difference.

18. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

MX80 vs VT-ZF

My go to racket is the MX80, it excels in every departments so far. Had it strung with BG65@30lbs. The most noticeable is the precision and accuracy of the racket, thanks to the no nonsense extra stiff shaft that consistently gives you higher level of control compares to other rackets. The speed of the head gives good power. Fast flat drive exchange, net play, drop shot, defense are real excellent. Eventho mine is 3U, its definitely felt light in my hand therefore baseline jump smash would require more effort to put a hole in opponent's defense.

Recently I got VT-ZF, not a replacement for MX80. I had 2 sessions so far with the VT-ZF. Its a more demanding racket, more than MX80, but very rewarding especially rear court player. But 2 sessions dont do justice to the racket yet, so I'll give it couple of weeks, might come out a direct comparison between these two badminton giants flagship models.

A brief conclusion would be, you'd never go wrong with MX80 especially in doubles department.

6958655605_8030ff1faf_z.jpg

Photo link -
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/109009-z?p=1855012#post1855012

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    You are a lucky owner of these two rackets. We are all looking forward for your review between these two rackets.

20. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    - Couldnt agree more.. feels the same. excellent in drive and control. =) (personal opinion).