Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    To be honest, I still do, the feeling when catching the sweet spot is like no other racket. However, as the standard improves, the lack of little consistency, is what seperates winning and losing. ( another note is that the frame, to me is weak with the z slash, and I don't fancy breaking and replacing to often )

2. Michael Kinder

Michael Kinder New Member

Z-Slash vs VT80

I had the Z-slash for two years, and it was a fantastic racquet. Unfortunately, in a bad collision with a doubles partners racquet, it split on the head and had a clean break, so I invested in a new one. The Z-Slash had excellent control around the court and and added great power when you hit the 'sweet spot' of the strings. It was the perfect racquet for me as I am 15 and whilst still developing strength in my shots, the Z-Slash assisted perfectly in my forehand shots and especially, with its lightness, in my backhand. However, I feel that at only county standard, it did not improve my smash significantly, but did its best work at the front of the court, and when clearing. I was tempted to choose the same one again, but after two years, felt I needed something in a slightly different genra of racquet.
    The Voltric 80 however, is what I decided to go for over the Z-force and Voltric 60 & 70. This VT80 assisted in a different area. My smash instantly felt stronger and more powerful, and I could hear I difference slightly in the tone of my shot, but I fear the "sound filter" was simply a marketing point and most certainly will not "mentally put the opponent at ease" as the change is so minute. I think the ownership and reputation of the racquet will have more of an effect 'mentally' on the opponent. Both racquets are light and controllable.
    The VT80 is for the player who is looking for more aggression on the court and is wanting to develop power and wrist strength and attack more in play, like I am, and the Z-Slash for more experienced players, looking for absolute control on court with exceptional defense but deliver an pleasing smash when required.
    If I owned neither, I admit I would probably choose the Z-Slash, even now, but they are two very different racquets and the Voltric 80 is better for me currently and will improve my game immensely. Hope this helped! :)

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Its great that you analysed it, I was playing today and it is quite clear that the Z-Slash is good for control and the VT-80 for power.

4. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

i thought z slash was an attacking racket, and recorded the fastest smash ever 262mph:eek:

5. drew tze en

It is! That day that I was using it I felt that gave me more control but it is usually an offensive racket

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have two ZSlashes (original and TH). The original also has the paint cracks where it joins with the shaft. To me, this was expected to some extent.

You tend to find racquets that are either relatively flexible (old carbonex racquets for example) or have a badly assembled cone to have cracking of the paint/cone where it meets the shaft. This is because the shaft bends/moves more and so the cone suffers. With the Z-slash however, it's not so much that it is not stiff, it's because the shaft is a tad longer which allows it to flex more than usual and so suffers the same problem. This is also why you feel that your racquet head is trailing behind your wrist - because it is!

I love the ZS, it is one of my favourite racquets but it does take a little time to get used to, even from session to session. I tend to prefer to play with it once I'm fully warmed up as you do need good timing. However for those that feel it is a little too unforgiving with it's small head, try the 8DX. The 8DX has been my go to racquet for a while now, yes it's not as powerful as the slash but it excels in almost all other areas. I noted a lot of people saying that the 8DX is just a Arc10 with another paint job, I personally couldn't disagree more. There's simply no comparison.

7. drew tze en

Thanks for the information :) I bought a Voltric 80 a while ago and really enjoy the power and now I'm just messing around with the tension and the grip to find my favourite combination but I love the power from it as well as the Z-Slash :)

8. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

whats your favorute combination with a z-slsh , strings and grip

9. drew tze en

At the moment, it is (yellow)BG66 Utlimax @ 25/26lbs with yellow towel grip

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    For me, it's NBG95 (Silver) @27lb and white Artengo tacky overgrip.

11. drew tze en

On my Voltric 80 it's (yellow) BG66 Ultimax @ 27lbs with white tacky grip or yellow towel grip

12. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    if you are a true z slash user the small head makes no difference at all, in fact I hate the larger heads now, they feel too bulky and they don't look right anymore

13. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    do you still use the z slash or do you prefer the voltric now?

14. drew tze en

I still have both rackets.
    With the addition of the Arcsaber 10, I'm playing with the Arcsaber 10 for singles and Voltric 80.
    until my strings break on my Arcsaber 10, ill go back to playing with the Arcsaber Z-Slash

15. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    so which one do you like the most for singles, doubles?

16. drew tze en

I prefer to play singles even though I play better in doubles because of my big smash.
    I can't really choose because I like both type of games equally but actually thinking about it. It would probably doubles because of the fast exchanges

17. mhhh79

mhhh79 New Member

I have both...z slash th and yellow z slash...both same spec 3u g4...in my preferable....I choose yellow z slash

18. drew tze en

Hahaha, it's just the colour you like
    I've had the the TH version for about 2 years now, and I feel like having the yellow version, hahaha but my Z-Forces are the limited edition :)