Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Don't know why you nicked WYH "Kitten". She is from Shanghai!!! :eek: I very sked of Shanghai girls/ladies/women(let suetyen interpret on this). :p
    Anyway, congrats to WYH for winning and confirming her Numero Uno position in CHN women team by beating the lazy(play style wise) but very talented JYJ. :eek:

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

haha, you read all the posts in this thread you will know why she is called Kitten :p Huh, I don't know why you scared of Shanghai girls wor :p

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Although WYH won 3 titles in a row, but LYB said she still can't be the China best WS because she is not that special only as she just has a very strong fighting spirit. Compared to LL and WL, they are better. LYB said this time she performed better, maybe next time the others are performed better. Sigh, don't know what LYB thinks, WYH won 3 titles in a row also never praise a bit, sigh.. It can be seen LYB not really likes WYH, instead he prefers WL :( So, Xiao Mao, you must prove to LYB, he is wrong!! Work hard for it and see you in ABC again!

4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Doesn't sound encouraging for WYH. She needs to impress LYB more. No one will get far without Master Li blessing in CHN team.

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, hope WYH can prove to LYB he is wrong. Hope she can win a series of titles in the coming events

6. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

i trust lyb. don't under estimate the guy, i know a lot of people don't really like him and his tactics, but one things for sure, they work very well.
    You guys still need to remember that LYB is WYH's coach, the last thing he wants to do is hinder her development.
    Maybe it's the fact that he thinks WYH has the most potential of the china WS group and by saying that she still isn't the best, can push her both physcially and mentally to get even better.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't worry about kitten. LYB may have indirectly given her a clue to work much harder to remain the undisputed CHN's super xiao mao. :D

Imagine beating elder sisters XXF and ZM convincingly, LYB must have been secretly and silently impressed yet he could not voice his admiration openly for fear of further depresssing the moods of the other girls. ;)

Remember WYH's coach Zhang Ning, who is much liked by LYB. She was in the background for a long time before given the chance to excel. But once she opened up, her opponents found little answer to her superiority! WYH is doing well and under ZN's tutelage, she can only improve to the silent delight of LYB. :p

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Are u sure you can take the torture? :D

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i really had high hope on lin zhu. She has the body of xxf and zhang ning combined into 1 package. Really surprised that she falling by the wayside. Hope WY can be the replacement.

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

lin zhu?? :confused: Are you meant Zhu Lin? :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yah, ..i dont understand her very much as i have said:p

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

So far, I think there are only 3 chinese WS from Shanghai.
    Wang Chen, Zhu Lin and Wang Yihan...
    Hope Yihan not to go downhill after her great performance in Europe.. Hope she is not the next Zhu Lin, haha :D Because Shanghai girls always can't achieve good performance, haha...

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    My prediction...WYH the next superstar from CHN...has all the potential plus the most important in my books, i.e. age, grit, determination and mental...her 3 wins says it all.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

too many rich shanghai boys, shanghai WS can go off track:p

15. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

I am not impressed with LYB's judgment so far. The only good judgment I can recall is he encouraged ZN to keep trying before she blossomed. Any more examples of LYB's good judgment?

On the other hand, given ZB/MJ recent straight wins against OG gold medalist LLD/LJY and titles, why they were not paired up for 2008 OG? It would be better than ZB/GL early exit in OG.

16. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

i don't really want to get into this LYB vs everybody thing too much cause this a WYH thread.
    First of all, the reason why ZB/MJ weren't put together was because of points. They probably wouldn't have qualified for the olympics in such a short amount of time. secondly, MJ now is a lot better than MJ 2 years ago. so there was no way in hell anybody would have taken MJ over GL. thirdly, just because they can beat the korean pair doesn't mean they will have it easy against NR/GE.

as for how successful he has been. that is largely up for debate, but in my opinion he's done pretty damn well. he was the head coach of team china in arbubely their most dominant era, so yah he probably does deserve a lot of credit for their success.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hmm, whatever LYB opinion about her, winning three consecutive titles is really hard job but she did it, congratz once again to Yihan!

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Actually..

..when suetyan (i like to call her Lee xiǎojie), nicknamed WYH as xiǎo māo (kitten), i was concerned luyi80 (Louisa's sis) would come after her as luyi80 is also given a nickname of "Kitten".;)
    *No, i've no clue as to why one would be scared of Shanghai ladies???(bad experience)??..:confused:

#378 ctjcad, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Not me who nicknamed WYH as xiǎo māo (kitten), this name was actually given by Wang xiǎojie's teammates. Initially I thought luyi80 was the Lv Yi from China :D

20. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Kitten in Swiss Open 2009

Kitten in Swiss Open 2009

Attached Files: