Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    please don't misquote me. I believe badminton followers here know each pro player capability. BWF ranking gained from expiry points lost from other players is pure academic. Do u know that KDM is the best MD player in canada now and yet he's not even ranked in our national list lol

#801 cooler, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    After Lee chong wei win super series master title.. i admit he deserve WR#1..
    but why did he win title without Lin dan participation??
    [​IMG] Gong Xi, Lee Chong Wei...

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Because LYB knew LD likely to lose to LCW because of the round robin format so no show.LD needs a sizeable advance party or big CHN crowd to back him up before he plays LCW or he will lose.(SC07, JO07,TO08) In the SSF format, he will have only CJ for company with no CHN crowd;that's not enough reinforcements.LYB made the right decision not to send CHN to SSF cos CHN's likely to lose.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...lyb is smart...know where they can win...where they can lose..and not like lcw...participate so many tourney after og...:p...relax...i teasing others..

5. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Haha... tell me about it. I'm still serving and am getting no badminton training.

No comments about how score achievements translates to real life application. I have seen some really good examples and really bad ones.

6. michidan

michidan Regular Member

student
    I think that LD won't actually come to Malaysia for MO or other tournaments except for those big big title... I guess this is because of the MO 2006 after he lost to LCW althought its on the match point... I think his attitude after losing that match being critisiced by lots people that's why he seldom come to Malaysia... LD seldom go to Malaysia, Indonesia and korea... I'm sure he don't like this three places..LYB is clever to choose tournaments for LD that he only participate on those tournaments that is held in China or places that he has got lots crowd supporting him... I don't think LD don't want the World No1... maybe he just wanna retained his status by participating on those tournament that he is confident to win... By that way, he's still Super Dan for everyone... as he didn't lost in matches he participate...

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...he also dislike singapore...he DIDNT WIn sgo title before(i think...08 lcw,07 bp,06 pg,05 th)(CORRECT ME if i am wrong...cooler)
    WHERE he even lost to boonsak 07 in sgo quater..THE GREATEST victory for bp...:cool:

this hinted why he want to go to everytime...:p...to beat bp...:p

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

guys, pls dont be out of the topic:(
    there's a thread about lin dan out there..
    search around:D

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

What about the MO 2009 -- why is LD not going ? Same reasons you think ?

Or maybe they figure, LCW is invincible at home (you know the kampong hero stuff).

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I guess LD is either not interested in the ranking or is taking a good rest as the man have already won everything there is to win in badminton. Olympic gold, done. WC, done ... twice too. AE, done ... 3 times, AG gold, done that too plus a host of other SS titles and etc.

The man is already up there with all the other badminton legends.

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Simply because LD afraid to meet DLCW because he knows DLCW is Jaguh Kampung.:p

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Daaaaaatuk Lee Chong Wei!

Steeeeadynya!

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Errr ... LD won his 2nd WC in KL in 2007 in LCW's backyard.

Buuut .. but I guess it wasnt fair then back in 07' as YKH was giving LCW a headache.

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Pemuda...LD has not win the AG gold but I would not bet LD would not get it in 2010, I bet he will get it esp it is held in China.

To all Boleh fans: All these talks of LD avoiding LCW in SSF, MO and KO, hymm...LD had beaten LCW and TH and PSH pretty badly the last few tourneys....LCW used to extend LD to 3-set, won some and lost more but if LD meet LCW after KO, all these talks may fire up LD to dish out a good spanking to our Datuk, that sure would not do too well for Datuk's pride and self-esteem...so hold back a little on verbally saying LD is scared of LCW, it could come back and bit ya big-time in the butt:p:D

15. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

correct me if im wrong...i think LD won gold in the team event at the 06 AG

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LD got the AG gold in the team event. Can la. :D

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Ask LD to come play at malaysia if he's dare. Ours Datuk will crushed him nicely at the homeground.Remember that DLCW is invincible in Malaysia!!;)

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You know I mean men singles gold:D...the one gold biscuit that TH has done it twice that is missing from LD's collection.;)

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree,LD has a high chance of bagging the AG gold since it's gonna be in CHN and LYB can arrange the best crowd support. Once LD wins the AG gold, LD can say he's better than TH because I don't see how TH can win AE,ever.
    But let me ask you.If LCW were to thrash LD at their next meet, what would you say? Pls oblige and let us have it in advance on record here.(Remember you expected LCW to get thrashed by TH on account of LCW being beaten twice in a row by TH recently...? We thought so too until LCW dazzled us by giving TH less points than SS in SO08.)
    Now that LCW defeated TH convincingly in SSF, can you pls say something about LCW or the win? I think it would be nice for you to give him some recognition because you tend to be so negative about LCW's possible outcome based on his previous losses and often brushing off his victories.
    BTW, i know you are a nice person and a gentleman so don't take this personally.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LYB can arrange the best crowd support??? :eek: It is amazing to read some of the things here. May as well say LYB can deliver that AG gold via Fedex to LD's home.