Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo limited edition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Danstevens, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    No Red head

M-TEC 75 from 2008 did not have red head...it was all blue...:D

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The 08-09 one is the one in that link and on the ebay auction. I checked the 08-09 catalogue to make sure. Are you thinking of the MTec 85, Sunny?

Not a great surprise that delivery is scheduled for May but it doesn't stop me wanting the new stuff sooner.

4. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Fake Karakal ???

Karakal Catalog 2007-8 the M-Tec 75 is all blue...I still have a couple in stock somewhere....
    Catalog 2008-9 M-Tec 75 is black and this is when they came out with the Tattoo and the black n gold XS 300 shoe....They also changed all the colors of the rackets at this time....The new catalog 2009 it is the blue Tattoo....
    These are the official catalogs of Karakal and I dont know what this guy on ebay is using or if he made his own catlogs.....
    Just like the guy here in Vietnam who sells fake Forza....This guy made everything here and in China and even has the linings of his bags with a nice FZ logo....he has done a great job but he is still a damn crook....
    I am sure you can understand why I dont trust what I see in pictures from dealers I dont know....:mad:They are stealing from you just as much as if they got in your pants pocket and took your wallet....;)
    Maybe you can get your sponsor to give you his test sample of at least one of the rackets:DIf not, I will let you know what you are missing...:D:D:D:DWe really need a roll on the floor laughing icon....

5. Danstevens

Student
    You're right about not trusting pictures. Despite having never seen a fake Karakal racket in the UK (or anywhere I've been for that matter), it'd only take one to rip someone off. Sasho, why don't you ask for some pictures or some other confirmation the racket is legit?

Maybe I can. I'll certainly try.

6. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Is that not the colour scheme of the M Tec 70?

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Yes the 08-09 Mt75 is black with red at the top. Just click the link, he actually used a picture made by Karakal, he didn't make a picture of his own racket. Wether it's a fake or not nobody knows, because it's not his picture.
    (He probably calls it red because if you call it black you might confuse it with the 07-08 black/gold mtec70)

EDIT:
    Here, the picture he uses is quite common for the black/red mtec75
    Him: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karakal-Red-M-Tec-75-Adult-Badminton-Racket-Full-Cover_W0QQitemZ300293648942QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Badminton?hash=item300293648942&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
    Others:
    http://www.veleblagovnica.com/sportna-oprema/loparji/badminton-lopar-karakal-aero-speed-762.html
    http://www.dreamsport.cz/prodej/Badmintonova-raketa-Karakal-M-Tec-75
    /EDIT

I probably won't see it any sooner as you guys, as my 'seller' is not the direct importer/distributer, so I'm pretty far down the line;)

#127 jerby, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Karakal

I have checked on this seller...he is buying from other dealers and posting ads on Ebay...I see now what he calls "Red" is really the black M-Tec 75....and looks to be real from the picture...:)

9. Danstevens

Student
    After contacting a rep from Karakal, the new rackets will be available from July onwards, the clothing from April. I've no idea whether this is just for the UK or worldwide. It's gonna be a long few months..........

10. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Just for fun, the Karakal Q4 690 Tattoo Gel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I'm disapointed that they've dropped the M-Tec 80, M-Tec 80 Tatoo and M-Tec 85. As far as I was concerned those were the most interesting racquets in the Karakal lineup. Although it looks like the Gel Tours will replace the M-Tec 85 there doesn't seem to be anything like the M-Tec 80's. There won't be any racquets between 75g and 84g (frameweight) in the M-Tec lineup. I guess I'll have to accelerate my racquet buying schedule, I was thinking of waiting until Oct to buy an M-Tec 80.

Jerby, what do you think of the M-Tec 80 vs the M-Tec 80 Tattoo (other than the fact that the Tattoo is one of the most visually stunning racquets I've ever seen). Do they play the same?

Also, reading the 2008 catalogue I ran across this, "New for 08, Hi Flex Asian shafts in all graphite models giving ultimate power and control." Does that mean that the European version of the M-Tec 80 will be different from the Asian one? Has anyone played with both so they can compare them?

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The M80 and M80 tattoo are essentially the same racquets but with different paintwork, however as the M80 like all Karakal racquets come in different different the BP, it plays differently. I have 1 x M80 and 2 x M80 Tattoo, all with different BP and the feel is different for each one. However, if you have a M80 and a M80 Tattoo in the same BP, they should play the same if the string/tension combo is the same. Bottom line, the M80 is one of the best value for money racquet out there.

I am personally sad that Karakal has removed the M80 and M85 from their new lineup. I really like them alot but I guess there must be sacrifices to make in the pursuit of progression. The new Tour Gel seems to be a replacement for the M85 as the specs is the closest. For those that have been using the Karakals, there is a difference in the new racquets which is probably due to the new material. The Tour Gel feels stiffer and hence the control and precision is better than the M85, however I do miss the "softness" of the M85 which could be due to it's ability to absorb more vibration and that's why you can smash all day with the M85 and not feel tired.

The 75 Tattoo is probably the most beautiful racquet out there, to me it is even nicer than the M80 Tattoo !!! Though listed as 75 grams, it plays very closely to the M80 and again probably due to the new material used.

13. weinsteinium

Thanks for the info!

Ooooooh! Smash all day. I like what you are saying about the mtec85. How would you compare the power and defense of the mtec80 and mtec85.

I like the sound of a forgiving racquet that doesn't punish my shoulder for loving to smash.

I had no idea that the new racquets are even out and you already have played with all of them :(

No, actually I'm excited to hear that people are playing with them and I'd like hear more from people who have used them!

14. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    M-Tec 80/Tattoo

Dont worry too much about the M-Tec 80's demise....we plan on continuing to stock it in both models.....when ordering in quantity the factory will continue to produce it...
    The M-Tec 85 Frame is "almost" the same frame as the Gel SL80...the Gel SL is a wee bit smaller and a wee bit more oval...it is not the exact same frame but really really close...
    Before the new models are for sale we will post a racket review of all models...
    One item of concern....Be very careful when smashing with the new M-Tec 70 Gel....In my testing I was having so much fun smashing that that was all I did for 3 days in a row and consequently I pulled a side muscle...
    Karakalkat:D
    P.S. The owner of HoangYen shuttlecock factory borrowed the Gel Tour Lite...took it to a local Tournament, strung it there and proceeded to win the Mens Singles and Mens Doubles using it for the first time....

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    In terms of defense, M80 is better by virtue of being lighter but again it does depends on the BP. If you have a M80 which has a BP of 300mm and a M85 with a BP of 285mm, I think such a M85 may be better at defense.

Anyway, both M80 and M85 are excellent racquets, with the M80 more for all round/doubles play whereas the M85 more for attacking style of play.

16. weinsteinium

Thank you very much Teoky!

Has anyone played with the Mtec75 and the Mtec80 that is willing to compare them? That cheap Mtec75 on ebay keeps tempting me :)

17. Danstevens

Student
    I have played with an MTec 70 and an MTec 80 if that helps.

You certainly feel the extra 10 grams curb weight of the MTec 80 but it's still a really light racket. Very user friendly also. I think you'll find the MTec 80 to be easier to use and if you're a beginner, that could be important. If you''re intermediate or above, you'll have no trouble with the MTec 75 either. Overall, both are very capable rackets and either way, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry for scaring you about the MTec 80's demise :p:rolleyes:.

If I renew my sponsorship with Karakal (and that is a big if), I shall definitely be ordering some Tour Gels.

18. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    M-Tec 75 is same racket as the M-Tec 70 only 5 grams more weight...same frame exactly...There is no comparison in the play of these two rackets...the 75 is defensive same as the 70....the 80 is (in 28.5 bp) super defense and still has strong smash...control with the 80 is also better...dont let the price tempt you unless you want a purely defensive racket...

19. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have both racquets and my vote goes to Mtec80. I feel that the 5grams difference is not really noticeable, so the important factor is how the racquets fare in actual play and for me the Mtec80 beats the Mtec75 in this respect.

20. weinsteinium

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely not an advanced player, I'll probably like the friendlier racquet

I'm glad to know that KarakalKat will continue to stock the MTec 80.

Thanks Teoky! I think that based on other racquets I've played with, the Mtec 80 will play better for me also.