APACS review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by IBaddersI, May 23, 2008.

1. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi Apacs UK,

could you just clarify your statement?

Are you saying that shipping a racket out from UK to Europe or Malaysia will be the same postage at a UK postage of £4.50?

or do you mean something else

thanks

2. Apacs UK

Apacs UK Regular Member

Hi there,

Yes we are offering the same priced postage to our customers in Europe and Malaysia as we are to our UK customers.

Apacs UK

3. ScorpioRed

ScorpioRed Regular Member

Do you also string rackets before shipping according to customers' needs? I mean if you are able to guarantee requested STRING type + TENSION.

Thanks S.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If you want to discuss a transaction, please take it to the Market Place :)

5. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    hi there, i'll be switching to apacs from yy soon and i would really appreciate if u could post pics of your apacs. i want to see if they are really as good as ppl say in this review.

thanks.

6. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

has anyone tried the new lethal light or tantrum light series? How do they fill for smashing and clears?

7. stnly

stnly Regular Member

I am also interested in the Tantrum Light Exclusive and Lethal Light Special as well since my Kason Lepton F1 broke =[

Anyone have any reviews of them? Or how they are compared to the Superlight? (Seems like Superlight is out of production)

8. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

I have tried once my lethal light 1.10 with the crappy proace string which broke within a couple games. But the racket feel really light and were quite good with clears and smashes.

9. firearc

firearc Regular Member

Anyone know if the VH1800 is easier to defend or maneuver than lethal 60/lethal 70?

10. druss

druss Regular Member

Depends on the specific racket. I just got them both and the lethal 70 is both lighter and head lighter than the VH1800 so I'd say no with my specific rackets.

Remember there is always some variation in manufacturing.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    HI Bros: I am looking for head heavy, stiff racket similar to yonex armotec 700, any apacs like that to recommend !

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Tantrum 200 Review

FINALLY got to take my T200 out for a test drive this afternoon, so here are my thoughts (Ash Zymax 67 @ 24/26), 4U.

Feels very light in the hand and cuts the air very well indeed, to the point where I was struggling with timing at first. Frame gave a slightly worrying feel when I mis-timed any monster overheads, but these diminished as I got used to the racket. The feel when hit properly is very good for a 4U, which usually vibrate a lot more than this does.

T200 is deceptively powerful and this power is unloaded very smoothly with my wristy style. I got super-powered smashes, drives and clears - you can get the shuttle pretty much anywhere from anywhere, which is incredible for a 4U.

Control, as you would expect with this weight, is excellent. Any time I had to hit the line, the T200 obliged, and I was clipping the net with my tumblers far more often than usual.

Defense is superb, as the balance makes it almost effortless to move around. Shuttles can be lifted with the merest flick, and smash blocks can be directed prety much anywhere at will. Deceptive "hold" shots are made much easier thanks to the head speed.

I only wish I'd got a 3U version - the 4U makes me hesitant to really unload on a smash, so I was using a lot of punch clears (successfully, I should add). Other than that, the balance, stiffness and aerodynamics are all perfect for level doubles. Even the paint finish is good, since after all my framers there wasn't a scratch.

Summary:

Power: 8/10 (simply because it's a 4U - the 3U would be a serious hitter)
    Defense: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Durability: N/A (worried about the frame, though, hence the in-warranty tension)
    Looks: 9/10 (drew positive comments from people who hadn't seen an APACS before:D)
    Value for money: 10/10 - this racket should be at least £20 more expensive than it is.

Despite all this, though, it still may appear in BC Buy&Sell, as I have a NS9900 coming this week. I already have a bag full of Pandas and I could do with the extra cash:p.

13. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    Hi Mark

Are you saying the frame feels kinda less-durable compared to other rackets? As in the material of the frame?

Also, can I ask if your racket a UK coded racket? Did it come with a serial APXXXX ?

Cheers.

14. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@ Mark a: thanks for your review.

But I think the Tantrum is about 86g - 3u racket (despite the fact that it's printed 4u on the racket).

Since my lethal 50 is about 88.5g so it's no way to be a 4u racket as said.

I think Apacs is a bit off in categorizing their products.

Glad that you enjoy your experience with Tantrum 200

NR

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Not less durable, as such, just a bit jarring because of the light weight. Looking at the frame now I can see a couple of literally sub-milimeter dots of white but no other signs of use. Mine is 4U-G2 but ostensibly weighs 87g - feels WAY lighter! - BP290, which I would simply not believe:D. No serial number is evident, just the reg. number of the APACS company.

16. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    Just ordered Apacs nano 900 power (red) with 26/28 tension using Apacs string. At first, I was looking for a 5U rackets (lethal light and tantrum light) because I love light racket, but I don't know if they are head light or head heavy, so I found nano 900 to be 4U and head heavy. I tried my friend's nano 900 before and I quite liked it at that time. The feel, power and control were all there and it is quite light too making it easy to whip the racket. Many people struggling generating power with light racket, but I don't have a problem with it :D

17. stnly

stnly Regular Member

I am actually looking at Lethal Light and Tantrum Light as well...

Could you please do a more detailed review if possible?

Thanks

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    hello everyone...
    i am an APACS racquet user. i am currently owning a NanoPower900 (Red) and a EdgeSaber10. i found that my NanoPower900 (strung at 22lbs/0.66mm) is not really that powerful when comes to smashes, but for defensive play is good. i prefer EdgeSaber 10 because it is much more powerful when comes to smashes.

as a result, i prefer head heavy racquet as it is more powerful for offensive play.
    can anyone recommend me any APACS racquets, other than EdgeSaber10, which are head heavy, and are fairly good for defensive play as well? thanks :)

19. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    try to string your N900PR at higher tension..try 26lbs for start

20. druss

druss Regular Member

The lethal series are supposed to be head heavy.