APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    The one problem i find with all APACS rackets is that the paint jobs are so hit and miss. This doesn't affect performance but when i play, i like to look good. Lethal 90 paint job is cool though. Like the shiny paint (that doesnt chip easily) and the apacs sport uk people gave me some free grips, a t-shirt and socks for free which was really nice of them. Also, after about 3 hours of play, the stencil paint they applied is already coming off quite quickly. Might re do it with some yonex stencil ink. Anyone else noticed this and does anyone have a template for an apacs logo?

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I quite like the paint jobs of the Lethal 60/70 and Tantrum 300. I find they don't come off that easily.

3. faidz85

faidz85 Regular Member

Scientific Officer
    I certainly love the Slayer 66 string on my T200. Better than my BG66. But that is on another racket.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hahaha....look whos talking?? Should I pin point your exact post re-useless high end rackets?? And I dont put anything in your mouth (as it wont fit a truck LOL), what goes around comes around you see?

BTW did you read this post from page 1?? sounds like you have not.

#4224 Yoppy, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No its never important for those who never intend to learn, but I guess if you are already know it all kind a guy, why would you need to read/care to what others said right??

Im not as smart as you, so i found that one of the main purposes of this forum is for everyone to get and give info to others as well as building discussion (a positive one of course - and not a one way trafic) on issues. But I dont know about you, maybe you dont share that same idea as me, only God knows.

#4225 Yoppy, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Elbow Ache!!

OK.. so I have started using the T200 again. now I have increased the radius of racket swing (earlier I used to use my wrist actions, so wrist was nearly at the center) for smash and clear shots. I have realized that this is helping me to avoid elbow ache with this racket. .. and also by this technique I have increased the mass (m) in the angular momentum (mvr) significantly and having great power output.

7. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    Dont get me wrong. The paint jobs look incredible. If i looked as good as my lethal 90, i would have my pick of the girls. It just the paint job isnt quite in line and the stencil paint is coming off after 3 days. I can barely see the apacs logo (which i like). Got stencil ink, just need a template.

I got red stern9 strings on my lethal 90. Just looks so damn good. Hope it doesnt break anytime soon.

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Good to hear sxg2009. Keep us up to date with the T200.

Yoppy, the fact that you're using personal insults reflects your intentions in this thread. I don't think it's warranted.

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The Lethal 90 doesn't look as "colourful" as the Lethal 60/70, but I haven't seen it in real life. I actually think the Lethal 70 paint job is a bit too "bright" hehe - prefer the "darker" Lethal 60.

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    i own lethal 90 and 100 but i still prefer lethal 90 because lethal 100 is really heavy ( i think it's 2U). the good thing about lethal 100 is the colour and structure of racket (look like snake skin). hahaha

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I don't think the Lethal 100 comes in 2U? But I have heard it is super head heavy. Can you measure the balance point unstrung and with original grip?

12. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    sorry, it's 3U.

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

and what is my intentions?? Please accuse me
    Oh BTW I'm sorry if I insulted anyone (I hope it was not you)

#4233 Yoppy, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  14. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    Ok, recently i decided to move the balance point on my lethal 90 back, just to see how it felt so I added a karakal super pu, and a towel grip on top of the original grip. The balance point was 293mm from buttcap but after mods it is 255mm! As you can tell, the racket is now very much more head light. And wierdly, and I have no idea why but as you would expect the maneuverability is faster but I am still getting the same power i got before! Anyone else tried something like this? Is this normal because I though moving the balance point back reduced power generation. Any comments would be great. Anyway, i'm very happy because now I have a perfectly padded grip that is super sweat absorbent. Havent had any racket slip either so I think this is the way forward for me. Only downside is that I don't always 'feel' where the head is anymore. Kinda miss it but I think this is worth it.

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, I've also noticed this. Have a read here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ACS-fan-club?p=1662865&viewfull=1#post1662865

16. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    Thats very interesting. Well I'm not complaining. Thing is, I played a bit more just now and noticed there is a small difference in power. It is noticeable but thats probs cos of the huge change in balance point but even then, im considering removing the towel and having just a super pu as before over factory grip. If it was another racket i would leave the grip as is atm but cos this racket is so maneuverable anyway, I'm not sure the sacrafice of power is worth it. And my wrist is dead from the increased speed. Kinda painful. Advice welcome.

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

In Gollum's theory he assumed that the addition of grip is in the center of the "see-saw" and hence makes very little changes on the BP, but imo its not entirely true simply because none of us put the grip right on the middle of the BP. The evidence also shows that the overall BP shifted by adding tick grip on the handle.

[​IMG]

We dont put our grip in that center, do we???
    [​IMG]

So to answer the question of why reducing BP (by adding towel grip) does not always transalate in increase of power:

1. Overall weight of the racket has increased. Hence the increase in speed caused by the racket became more head light is to some degree offset by the speed reduction caused by the increased in overall weight. No speed (or very little speed gained) here.

2. Overall BP has lowered, and we all know the less head heavy the racket will be less powerful.

Combined those 2 effects, we end up with a racket that is having the same speed as before, and a racket that is less powerful than before. So no wonder we have situation like post#4234.

The solution is to sand paper your racket head to reduce its overall weight and increase the speed.......(just kidding - so please dont do that at home) LOL

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think Gollum basically said that adding weight around the fulcrum point doesn't affect the balance significantly. The fulcrum point is where the racket is being gripped. So adding weight over the fulcrum point is akin to adding grip over the racket handle. Increasing the mass at the racket handle (especially where you are directly gripping it) shouldn't make a significant difference to the "head heaviness" of the racket in practise.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I dont agree with that, it is clear that the eveidence showed by your self and TheNotoriousLIG indicates that the BP droped to 280 or 255. So how do we explain that? How about if we shift Gollum 100kg square to the right or left?? Adding weight on either handle (by using towel grip) and/or adding tape on the racket head will surely affect the racket BP. Pros use this technique all the time, LD adds a tape to make his racket head heavier.

Actually i have seen a real solution to the problem at post#4234, if you notice top MD players they wrap their grip so high which enable them to hold the racket at the cone (rather than the bottom handle). This has an immidiate effect of reducing BP significantly without adding any weight to the racket whatsoever. If you still not sure of what i mean, you can check on guys like Sigit Budiarto - one the pioneer on the idea, which then copied by most MD player today.

20. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with u but at the same time with SSJ100. The notion of BP is 2 fold on a racket. One is on the actual racket like U explained with the graphics of moments etc and one is where u actually HOLD on to the racket. The fact that u hold the racket on the handle makes this the center of YOUR balance for the racket.

When different people put on their grips, they do not always put it on the same way. Some stop the grip at or before the cone, some extend the grip well onto the shaft for several Inches. Now if we follow SSJ100 reasoning which I believe is right, the latter will balance out the weight of the grip in front and behind your hand and therefor nullify the balance difference. Of course when u move the hand along the grip the racket will become lighter or heavier than what it was before.

Bottom line is: with additional grip the overall weight of the racket increases but well wrapped up to the shaft the balance will not change (IMO:)).