Carlton Fans Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Benwilluk, Feb 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yes they are good looking rackets compared to some of the lower range rackets. I liked the graphics of the old vapour trail series but I don't like the new range as much.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    in the US i seldom see people use carlton rackets and there's only one store who carries them, so as far as vapour trail series we only got the old series, i haven't even seen the new VT Tour graphics, i only have the old shiny silver one :(

as far as carlton rackets, i've never had any problems with their quality, highend or lowend rackets. the reason could be that i don't hit hard enough or i baby my racket so if there's a shot down the middle in a doubles game i tend not to retrieve it unless i'm playing with a normal cheap racket.

the feel of the ignite series is a bit more dampened than i would hope, but other than that, they all have their unique design.

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Here is an example of the current vt series, its a vte I had a while ago

Attached Files:

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Here is the previous vte which I prefer image.jpg

i liked the older gold version even more, it looked amazing with the black string

5. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Hey guys! I got a few questions. One directed at the older users of Carlton rackets and the other at the more current users of Carlton rackets I guess?

Growing up, I never got a real badminton racket until I begged my mom every single day and she caved in. I always bought my rackets from Canadian Tire and I picked up the most expensive one, which was the PowerBlade Superlite for $50? 2 weeks later it broke. I was so sad that day and refused to play badminton for a good week and a half before being persuaded to be a Yonex racket (mp 23) despite my mom telling me she would go back to Canadian Tire to pick up another PowerBlade Superlite.

Fast forward 10 years and I've decided to get them again. Unfortunately, they do not sell them anymore and well, not that cheap anyways. However, I found the PowerBlade Tour from a store that was selling them relatively cheap. If possible, do any of you long term Carlton racket members, recall what the PowerBlade Tour is like? And give some insight on it? It would great if someone can also give me a comparison between the VTT and the PowerBlade Tour.

Secondly, is there a difference between the different year models of the VTT? Color scheme wise, weight and feel? I grew really fond of the one of them, don''t remember which year, but it was super shiny and it felt really nice. I regret selling it and now I want to buy them back :p But I am uncertain of which model to obtain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, I don't know for certain about the VTT but the VTE definitely has different feel depending on which colour/version you get. I have only ever used one VTT and that wasn't for very long. Did the VTT look like the one in this picture? If so that was the 2011 version i think. The powerblade tour were nice rackets, they were very stable but didn't feel too heavy or too stiff.

Attached Files:

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    thank you for sharing your pic with us, it's great to see that there are still tons of people using carlton rackets rather than yonex :)

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    maybe it's the lighting, but i think we have the same racket, it's glossy silver and it's super shiny. this racket is leaning on the heavy side of 3u, and because it's sorta heavy for 3u, the shaft is a bit stiffer, but the power is there and it's a great all round racket for both doubles and singles. when i bought it, it came with x67 strings which actually played better than when i replaced it with a set of new x67 that i strung myself :(

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yeah the racket was silver with blue/green writing, I didn't have the racket long because I was asked if I would sell it. I buy and sell rackets all the time but then I wish I had kept some of them rather than selling. I have always found the x67 string good which comes with the rackets but I sometimes wish the symbol wasn't on the string because I prefer it without.

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    i feel the same way about the racket and the string. so i bought a new pack of x67 and restrung it myself. to my surprise i think it didn't play as well. i didn't get that crisp feel from the new string compared to those that came with the racket. i was wondering if the paint actually play a role in making the string dry and crisp, but haven't had any time to experiment with the x67 string. the x67 string is very repulsive and bouncy, maybe a bit too bouncy for me. maybe i should do a comparison with bg65?!

anyway, the racket itself is great, at least to me, right weight and stiffness.

11. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Yeah its that one I believe! I'll definitely find the 2011 model then. Now I just have to debate which one I want.. PowerBlade tour or the VTT... :( or maybe I'll get both xD

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

13. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

With the help from sports direct . com,you mean,we don't need to steal Carlton racquets anymore?

14. Redjack

Redjack Regular Member

Got a Vapour Trail S-lite 2013 for christmas and retired an 8 year old cheap 8 euro Carlton racket, you're going to laugh at the specs of it, Head Heavy, balance point of 320mm and (this is the good bit) it weighed 120 grams and the grip was so used half of the wood handle was exposed, strengtened my wrist and a good deal though.

Buying a Razor v1.1 off of Ebay tommorrow, it's on sale at only £59 pounds so it's a great deal

15. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

does anyone know what is the model name of the racket that has a weird shaft (sword like shaft)... im not sure if that racket is from carlton or dunlop.. I've seen a player using it but i forgot the model.. thanks in advance

16. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    What do you mean by "sword-like"?

17. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

The shaft is kinda flat,but round in the middle

18. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    Ouch, cracking my brains on this one. Your descripsion rings a bell, yet I cant tell what racket it is. Now I can recall coming across a racket that meets your sketch, and I may very well have that one somewhere on the attick. If it is that one it is very old, it used to be one my dad played with in the '90s. If my memory is not letting me down it had a metallic look, like the Vapour Trail Tour silver.

19. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

There was a racket like that in the 70's called the 3.7x but I don't know if that's what you mean.

20. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    Thats the one :eek: didnt know it was that ancient. Third picture on Google images with Carlton 3.7x as search entry. Will post it when I get home.