Brave Sword 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jayssen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I see. I will give it a go anyway. So in the Victor range is there any racket head lighter and stiffer than BS10? Im a strong believer in having super light head and super stiff racket, its a deadly combination of speed and power.

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

. Mine are all TW coded too (as they have not come up with AU code). I tried the MX80 3U (just for a short brief), and looking forward to try the 4U next week. Also tried SP21 a while back but did not impress me as much. Dont know about the SP22, again I will certainly give it a go.

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    What strings do you use Yoppy?

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    There are AU coded Victors - Lucas Yao down here in Melbourne is the AU distro and his are AU coded. Same as the TW coded though wrt stiffnesses.

I think the SP22 is the next model I'd like to try. Now I just have to go sell a kidney....

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

ATM BG65Pro, but last night for the 1st time i used VS-850. In the past I used NG95, BG65Ti and BG65. Basically, I like any genuine string between 0.68 - 0.7 mm strung at 28 lbs (I tried 30lbs but it got me injured) which smacked me in the head not to go there anymore LOL.

6. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Lol tell me about it. These things aren't cheap. For some reason I now have the itch to try a VT80. I need to quell my curiosity before it swallows my wallet whole lol.

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Really? I see. I did not know that. May I know does he have a shop to visit? Damn I just got back from Melb, I should have visit him.
    Show me your bank statement and I will decide to believe you or not LOL

8. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Have you tried the BG66 or BG66UM? I strung my MX80 with BG66UM recently, and actually found it made the racket faster and lighter (it had VS-850 on it previously). Changed the BP a bit too. It now swings about the same speed as my BS10 on ZY67. Makes roughly the same sound too (higher pitched faster swipe than my other rackets). The BS10's frame is still more aerodynamic, but the thinner gauge strings seem to help the MX80 get as close to it as reasonably possible. Love the spring and repulsion of the string too.

#188 Naim.F.C, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

i'm using a bs10 at the moment too and yes it is a very quick racket.. however as mentioned before by yoppy the strings got out of shape after hard hits, is it the strings are loose or is it just the nature of the racket?

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I had my BS10, 12, Ti-550 and SW35 strung with BG66M, and while I like it, I found it's repulsiveness hard to transition on, which was fine in singles but I was fluffing too many shots at the front of the court in doubles. Not really a problem with the string, more that I'm a crap player ;)

Honestly, I haven't tried a crapload of strings, but I kinda keep going back to the BG80/ZM67/VS850 type of string. Easy to transition on, good feel, and adequate oomph. Could be worse. :)

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I see. Sorry whats BS66 and BS66UM? Do you mean BG66? Problem is: I did not have good experience with thinner string. I dont know i just dont get the same feeling compare to the ticker ones. I prefer to pull the ticker string high so it gets thiner rather than having thinner string at a lower tension. Plus if you pull thinner string to a higher tension I found it loses accuracy and control, and also a lot less durable. Therefore just I dont use them anymore

#191 Yoppy, Apr 14, 2011
  12. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yeap sorry I meant BG not BS lol. Edited. And fair enough.

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    All strings take time to bed-in.

14. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

i have just ordered mx80 and can't wait to see if it can generate more power as here we only play doubles and hardly singles.. as from reviews it was like bs10 and sw35 combined into one racket... hope it don't disappoint me... maybe it's time for me to invest in a stringing machine too as we don't have a stringer at our club..

15. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. MX80 is the best doubles racket I've used yet. It was already brilliant with the VS-850, but I'm finding it even sharper and more nippy with the BG66UM. I had the stringer use Victor's 2011 catalogue 80 grommet pattern instructions this time, and I'm pretty sure my racket head looks ever so slightly more isometric now lol.

It's got the vast majority of the speed from the Brave Sword series, but with that added power I was looking for. Which could be due to a number of reasons, ranging from the added stiffness, head weight, woven frame, 80 grommet system, octo frame, who knows?

#195 Naim.F.C, Apr 14, 2011
  16. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

i ordered mine with vs850 28lbs, have not handled such high tension before and hopefully i don't hurt myself trying... it's pain to string here especially in place where i live... the only guy who have a friend who strings take 1 week for indecent stringing... hopefully will earn some money in the summer to buy a stringing machine myself, that way i will be able to try different tensions too....

17. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    VS-850 at 28lbs on this stiff relatively head heavy beast? Ouch. I'm definitely not fit or strong enough to handle many hours of play with that kind of set up at consistent play quality, not without receiving some aches or pains anyway lol.

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

From my exp, it just means that the impact pressure is higher than the string tension. Therefore its an indication than the string tension is too low and you can get more power by increasing it. This is of course only applies if you are a hard hitter type of player, some will like the lower tension as it gives more feel and control

19. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

lol hopefully i know my limits and will switch to bs10 whenever i feel any pain or aches...

as said we only concentrate on doubles here and i think i'm more comfortable in front as my partner is a hard hitter and i usually play front when we are attacking..therefore i need lot's of control playing net shot sometimes... i thought of getting 26lbs but have not tried 28lbs and have been itching to do so....

i'll post some updates here when i receive my rackets, it'll be on which racket i prefer...

20. radicalrev

radicalrev Regular Member

Do u guys recommend a 4U or 3U version?