Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    This saga is so much more entertaining comparing to the rest of the Olympics games. What are the following people thinking right now:

1. LYB? Of course, he wants all four to qualify. But what should he tell ZN? what should he tell the three Wangs? "Do your best against the other two Wangs but not LXR"? Would a decision (as to which three of the four will qualify) be made before or after Uber cup? Which three will he ultimately choose?

2. ZN? Does she want all four to qualify? Which three of the four will ZN ultimately recommend to LYB? Which one of the four does ZN dislike the most?

3. TongXuiWah (ZN's master; i might have misspelled his name): Which three of the four does he prefer?

3. The three Wangs. How can they obey LYB's order and fight for their own right to qualify the Olympics at the same time? "Should I fight the other two Wangs instead of LXR?"

4. LXR. "Will I lose my best friend if I try too hard?" "Should I wait four years instead?" "What if I am chosen instead of one of the other three Wangs, will no one ever wants to be my friend again within the Chinese team?"

5. Saina. "Should I lose intentionally against LXR in the next few weeks?"

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Well very constructed fictional imagination of what's gonna transpire in next couple of weeks within the Chinese team. The conflict is not only involving the fate of two young girls both vying for a spot in the Olympics; others are playing an equally vital role that would affect the ending in this drama.

It reminds me so much of the famous drama "War and Beauty'' hahahaa watched several years ago.

Sympathised LXR's position right now who is having a dillemma and internal battle. Should she choose to keep her best friend or a dream to chase at the Olympics. Should she make it to the team, WSX will definitely dislike her for the rest of her career for making her missing out on one of the coveted tournaments just by being impressive for two weeks.

This impact will also have big effect on Wang Yihan and Wang Xin as well. Playing in their minds..adding pressure to themselves should they not perform as they are expected to. They will be easily replaced by many upcoming Chinese stars.

Wang Yihan is only 24, and she obviously wants to continue to playing until Rio 2016. Seeing WSX getting kicked out because of LXR will have a lot of thoughts running through her head and this will cause a disruption to her mental preparation of the Olympics.

Yes, LYB's next move is going to be crucial and he better takes advice/input from the ones who have been through thick and thin together with the four players particularly Zhang Ning, her words have to be taken into serious consideration even though he is big boss.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    when is the movie coming out?

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    :) War and Beauty 2 (a Hong Kong TV soap opera) will be out in Hong Kong real soon, around August i think.. right after London Olympics. It will involve a lesbian love scene broadcast to 7 million people in Hong Kong during prime time! :eek: It will also be watched by tens of millions of people in China (and overseas) as well.

excellent drama this summer. :p

#64 pcll99, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Our 2 directors pcll99 and Miqilin7 have a great script but missing a deep pocket producer to invest:p If Miqilin7 adds a dose of jinx medicine to this script;)...definitely a case of too much free time but don't know what to do and dream too much:D

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    On second thought i just thought of another jinx theory, whoever beats Saina nehwal in a major tournament in the quarterfinal has ended up as Semifinalist/Bronze Medallist and shall not progress any further lol..

Beijing Olympics 2008 - Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Hyderabad 2009 - Wang Lin
    Asian Games Guangzhou 2010 - Yip Pui Yin
    Paris 2010 - Wang Shixian
    London 2011 - Wang Xin
    London OG 2012 - ??

Disturbing trend analysis or just mere coincidence ? Identical to the Peter Gade's Olympics conspiracy theory...:p

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    On a serious note based on the fact that 6 of the current top 12 are chinese in the rankings does anybody think someone will "defect" to another country. Also remember if Wang Lin comes back she will surely be a top 10 player.

It would be pretty tempting for someone like JYJ, or the unlucky player who misses the OG to move to another country.

We had it with wang chen and Pi HY, to a lesser extent Yao Jie.....but how about now?

I would say the current players are not as talented as pi or WC, but if they are confident in their ability, and want to play for a long time, then it must be an option for someone?

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i thought after the defection of Wang Chen and Zhou Mi there are now stricter contract that CBA signs with the players?

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Well you know more than me, but i cant see how they can stop them, well i suppose i can :(

What like? Longer tie ins etc...

It must be pretty frustrating for liu xin or lu lan, zhu lin... Never get a look in yet could be top 10 if for another country. I know LL and ZL had chances, but they would still be top ten if playing for say England :) and with the players in provinces and other teams in china i gues CHN could fill the top 15 out if they wanted too....

10. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    LXR is going to be tested in Australia open again where she is the only top WS chinese player. I think her performance there will be reviewed in depth. In other word, she will be under pressure as much as WSX at Swiss open. We will see how she cope with the pressure. To me, she may the true leader in WS that the chinese team is waiting for all this while. WYH is the best at the moment but I think LXR will overtake her soon.

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    A lot of good players in CHN, & if they want they are able to represent other country to be one of the top players there, & yet they still stay at CHN, training, waiting for her time to be called up by CBA or waiting for her age rotten their future..
    What a loyalty.. Salute..

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    The younger players like LXR will try to wait for their turn if most of the Chinese female players retire at 26 or 27.

But JYJ, LL and ZL probably can't wait. Consider all 3 and Zhang Yawen join a foreign country together, they will post a serious threat in Uber Cup to China.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Well, if they go to the same country....that is pretty unlikely!

Where is zhang yawen now?

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She hasnt completely hung her racket. Rumours have it that she is still playing professionally but not internationally for Japanese club. Started a new direction in her career i guess after playing for China in the last 10 years.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

playing for unisys in the Japanese league

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Back to Li Xuerui and Wang Shixian! I still couldnt understand why Li Yongbo is doing this, fixing matches and trying to promote Li Xuerui to the top 4. Yes she has been playing well all this while but doesnt he ever think the consequences of last minute change would bring to the WS department as a whole.

Unless internally they are doing this as a insurance to cover for any Wang who is seriously injured or out of shape, i dont understand the true motivation and positives that action could bring to the team. That will instil fear, distrust and lack of confidence among the Wangs especially Wang Yihan, her skills and experience are much needed by China plus she is a top seed. Seeing Li Xuerui's rise to the top 4 also made her worried about her position and suspects how much the Chinese coaches placed their trust in her.

Wang Shixian on the other hand is the one at risk of losing her place....just because Li Xuerui has performed well in head to head against foreign players and winning back-to-back titles. Then that, those results dont tie up with what Wang Shixian has achieved since she broke into the world stage. An Asian Games Gold Medallist and All England winner, that's something to shout about and players to be envious of. Even Wang Yihan is jealous of Wang Shixian's achievement up to date despite winning almost every title the SS has to offer, an achievement she could only do it in couple of years time. So why should she be dropped for LXR...no offense to LXR because i remembered LYB is never perfect and sometimes he does make the worst decisions ever such dropping Xia Xuanze for Chen Hong in the Athens Games which turned out to be spot on.

On basis of Wang Shixian's major titles, i think she should be kept because i believe she does have an equal chance of doing well in London plus she is stronger mentally compared to Wang Yihan and Wang Xin. This is more important than skills.

#76 Miqilin7, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    LXR is indeed a talent in WS.. We don't know about LYB true motivation in here, & we could just wait for the final squad submitted by CBA in all departments. However, inspecting WSX & WX recent performance that is not up to the level they should, it is a good move by LYB promoting LXR. First, it is like a backup plan, in case one of the Wang got injured, CBA still have a leftover ammo. Second there is a possibility that LYB thinks the 3 Wangs are too complacent on their current position, therefore promoting LXR could act as a trigger to motivate 3 Wangs back on track.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes, you are right. WSX's strengths are the following:

(1) good skill and techniques
    (2) good experience and track record (ie, won a few major titles)
    (3) very strong willed and aggressive

But WSX has some problems:

1. She can't smash.
    2. Her stamina not the best among the four.
    3. Her record against non-CHN players are not the best.
    4. her recent form not good.

#78 pcll99, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    WSX's stamina is actually about equal compared to other Wang & LXR just that she yells far more louder than the other players, that is draining her stamina unconsciously.:p

Back to the topic, in my opinion LXR strength rely on her glorious steep angle drop shot & half smash/slice which is so accurate & just a little above the net tape, apart from her stamina, of course.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

LXR remind me the great Li Lingwei