Where to re-string in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Nico, Dec 13, 2001.

1. xianxun

xianxun Regular Member

classic sport sell bg66 how much??

2. xianxun

xianxun Regular Member

then do anyone of you noe what string has good repulsion and durability(regardless of brands of string)

3. hengkee

hengkee New Member

Sales
    Price gd skill also gd...

4. gerald1994

gerald1994 Regular Member

Student
    Hey now at Keat Hong Shopping Centre(Choa Chu Kang area) also got one Badminton shop on the second floor! Has anyone ever tried that shop before? :)

5. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    Best stringing services in singapore?

Anyone knows where to get really good stringing services in singapore? I had been going to the sintec shop at jurong east sports complex and I've got to admit, he is one of the best stringer I've met, the pitch of a nbg98 on a vtzf with only 26 lbs is far higher than the same racket, string and tension strung by the yonex shop at sba... however, it is too far from my house. I've been to queensway to string it before and their techniques are just terrible... So please if there are any stringing services you know which are really worth praising post them here! Thanks :)

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The same tension will vary from shop to shop.

Out of interest which shop did you go to at Queensway?

7. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    just string at SS sports yesterday and seems good. no deformation to the frame at 29lbs. will test it out tml night prior to posting more information.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    For me without a doubt and never failed before is Chris from E-Link Sports at AMK :)

9. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    All shops in queensway are not really up to my expectation

10. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i like SS sports cuz of their yonex es5pro machine :) but their strings very small assortment.. nowadays i go there only to string li-ning AP62plus..

11. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

pitch higher not because maybe their machine not same calibration? probably pulled higher than you think. i wouldnt make a generalization because of a 1 off experience, but enough experimental replicates to demonstrate data significance.

12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    SBA stringing is pretty good. As for the Jurong East sports hall shop is a hit and miss. depends on who strings for you. strung there before and it kinda sucks as the same person has varying outcome.

13. Porky

Porky Regular Member

But the problem is he seldom strings, mostly his wife doing the stringing which the standard not very good i felt...hehe

14. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    nvr strung at others. but chris amk seeems to produce superb job on my mx80 vs850 28lbs. had my other victors strung at the same tension and string here. but mr aw's work obviously the best.

15. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

Agreed, Jurong East Sintec shop the fat dude very good in stringing, but not cheap in my opinion

16. Aquafox

Aquafox New Member

Oil
    hi bros, you may want to to try Outstanding Badminton, Alvin Ng. Make a call to Alvin and he can meet up with you to pick up your racket(s) at your convenient timing and deliver to you at your convenience as well. here is the facebook home page for your ref.
    https://zh-tw.facebook.com/OutstandingBadmintonSingapore?group_id=0

i've tried more than 10 rackets with him. good service at reasonable price. i feel the tension is very "balanced". he doesn't use any hook and he places empty racket on the stringing machine to start his stringing work. I like these 2 points very much though someone doesn't feel the differences at all.

17. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

Any recommendations for bring-your-own-string stringing service with in the west areas? I have 3 rackets waiting to be restring with my own strings.

18. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

So where is his shop?

19. soccerking888

soccerking888 Regular Member

Hi Aquafox,

I have passed 4 rackets to Alvin Ng for restring. Fingers crossed :D though. Hope it's gonna be good. Thanks for your info!

20. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    Hmm, tried many shops already, and my conclusion is... Jurong east sports hall is still the best!!! :rolleyes: In my opinion. I agree that the pitch depends on the machine too as that guy uses an apacs machine which is not used in many oher shop but somehow, i can 'feel the string':confused: in the racket strung by him, i.e., my control of the shuttle is better, i know it sounds weird and may be placebo effect but you get my point, I'm biased towards him lol! There's ,was, another stringer in queensway, not bad... (fyi he was a national stringer who strung for lcw before but too bad he went back to the philipines)but somehow i am less sensitive, can't 'feel the string' to the rackets he strung although I asked him to string a bit higher, like 30 lbs:D, whilst for jurong i strung 28 but seemed like the tension is so much higher than the one strung at queensway. About the string in jurong east sports hall, I have never gotten anyone other than the fat guy, I'll always stay there to wait for him to finish stringing because of the distance between my house and the shop and he's a pretty quiet guy, but if you ask him questions about string techniques and whatsoever, you'll find out how friendly he actually is! I agree that the price is rather steep but i find it worthwhile, the time and money spent, as I am able to enjoy my games at a higher level. Lol, it looks as though I'm publicising this shop doesn't it? I'm just giving my own opinion... I just want players in singapore to know that this very guy in jurong east sports hall is a wonderful stringer after all my different experience with many different stringers, and to those who don't mind paying more for enjoyment sake, why not bring your rackets down and try this guy? If you don't like his stringing, which i doubt so, you can always change a stringer. I'm not sure what his name is but he's in his late 20s or early 30s and quite plump and has rather big lazy looking eyes and... lol, i don't know how else to describe him but he's usually there so don't worry, All the best guys!

(BTW, My review is based on rather high string tension : at least 26lbs, so I'm not sure if those who strings lower tensions can feel the difference or not)