Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah. Thats the case. Indonesia is her territory. If she participates this year as well, then it would be fifth year of her participating . Lets hope she will reach her final there too . :)

2. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

you guys really think so?

If I were Saina, I would not use all of my strength in Maylasia open. Let’s be realistic, Saina got her knee injured and the knee injury is very hard to cure, especially for badminton players. She needs to be more cautious about matches. lots of intense matches are certainly not a good idea.

Again, please be realistic! Thanks to BWF’s stupid rules, whatever Saina will do won’t stop her being the world No 2 because Wang Yihan won’t participate and She wouldn’t be world No 1 even if she won Maylasia open WS title. And the prize is rather low for a player like Saina, I guess she is one of richest players in the badminton world.

I know, to win the title always being an honor. But there comes a more honorable tournament after the Maylasia open – All England SP. That’s one of the dreams for all badminton players. Let you indian fans decide what choice Saina will take:

(1) do all her best to win the title in Maylasia with risk of getting injured again just for a little money, nothing else.
    (2) save her fitness and improve her training for All-England SP for a breakthrough

Well, I just neglect one thing, that is, it’s rather difficult for Saina in All-England SP because all top chinese players will participate that tournament, but for Maylasia open, nearly all top chinese players just let it go without care. So it is a little bit easier for Saina in Maylasia if she really want this title.

#1342 dieter_spath, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Again you are missing something. If chinese players retires abrubtly and make fake retirements, does everybody need to follow that????. I wonder why you are so keen about Saina and her participation?? :confused:.

I know that you are a Li xuerui fan. That does not mean you need to ask everybody not to participate in the superseries events. This is the first time Li Han has entered a Semifinal it seems. I wish her all the best for her first superseries title ever.;).

I hope BWF will take necessary steps against those players who intentionally retired this tournament . Strict rules needed to be formed . Lee Chong Wei and Saina are the true players who never make fake retirements. These people are the only two who are top non-chinese players in their respective categories.:)

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

"I hope BWF will take necessary steps against those players who intentionally retired this tournament . Strict rules needed to be formed . Lee Chong Wei and Saina are the true players who never make fake retirements. These people are the only two who are top non-chinese players in their respective categories."

Haha I think you're forgetting something... :p

5. dieter_spath

Saina never intentionally retired a tournament? you must be joking! remember what she did in India GPG?

I care about is because I'm looking forward to more exciting matches between top players! Now, I do believe SN is only threat so far to the top CHN players. I hope she would do all her best to produce an exciting match for a CHN player and non-CHN player (especially LXR)

Li Han has a lot of reasons to get more ranking points. And WSX need the points too or she'll probably drop out top 8 because she won Korean SP last year. LXR and WHY do not need these points at all. What BWF do is forcing players to play what they are rather reluctant to play.

If you ever know the ranking system of tennis, you will probably know how stupid and absurd about BWF's rules. It just force top players to play more tournaments with great risk of geting injured. The points for a player who reached into semi-final of SS is nearly the same as points in GPG, and it's far less intensive and competitive than SS.

China has proposed many times about this absurd rules but BWF never listen to it. And it even produced the even more stupid rules to force players to participate even he/she really got injured.

I have no idea why anyone here think BWF is right about it? Let me picture it. if you were in a company, you had a lot of works and did really well, but the the payments (ranking points) was nearly the same as a normal stuff not as excellent as you. And you were forced to work more without any extra pay, and you were not allowed to be absent from work even if you were really very sick, any excuse being absent would be fined! and you were not allowed to complain about it?

imagine it! you must be a saint not to protest a company like this.

#1345 dieter_spath, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    GPG tournament is tier 3 or 4 tournament. This korea open is superseries premier tournament. Everybody have to attend. This is too much to have a mass retirement (pre planned). Anyhow, i dont wanna discuss this here in this thread. This is for Saina.

I wish her to make her presence in Malaysian Open and win the title there. All the very best Saina.:)

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

what are you guys talking about? try to tarnish SN reputation as a good player? what she did in India GPG was not fake retirement. it just a retirement that she already planned.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So because of the level of tournament that makes it alright? This is what you're saying...

She retired 1 point from victory! This is arguably more ridiculous! Any you have no evidence that these were fake retirements cause they were still certified by a BWF doctor.

9. dieter_spath

okay, let's see what Saina will do in Malaysian Open.

I just hope she is okay in All England SP. I'm looking forward a match between her and LXR when they are both in good form. Not like anything happened in Superseries final, less focused and produced so many errors by both of them.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha. Yeah.. Nobody will be able to forget what happened in Olympics 2012 to tarnish the image of this valuable sport:D. Even nobody will be able to forget about the news which recently hit the newspapers that those who cheated this sport in london olympics were honoured :p .. Huh.. (Was that because of the act they made in olympics ;))..

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think slow conditions suit Saina just fine, actually. It allows her time to get to the shuttle and play her shots. Her real problems lie elsewhere - remaining injury-free, physical fitness and conquering her body-mass issues.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think you guys are all missing the point here. In almost all cases, its not the players themselves who have any control over the "withdrawal" or "retirement." These decisions have been taken at a higher level and the orders have been sent down to the players. BWF has a lot to answer for because of it's short-sighted policies, but that doesn't IMO justify the acts of the associations from time to time... 2 wrongs cannot make a right. There are other, better methods of making BWF change their stupid policies, but this requires cooperation among the NAs. If they are not willing to do this, then the game will always suffer. This is the problem with the game - nationalism taking precedence over professionalism.

13. vixter

vixter Regular Member

intentional retirements? well is there any other kind?
    i see no difference between these retirements in Korea and Saina retirement in India. in both cases i think the players should have withdrawn before tournament start.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Saina should have withdrew as she was under no BWF regulation to play the GPG event. The Chinese players are different as the BWF would have imposed a financial penalty (far greater than the cost of travelling and playing half a match)

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    From the perspective of BWF and fines, it would have made sense to withdraw before that GP event starts. Other local factors, such as appearance fee, sponsorhip deals, previous obligation or "I'm-a-friend-of-you-know-who-so-please-play" etc, may have played a part in her only playing the first round of the GP event.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    There are no rules mentioning that top 10 players are needed to play even GPG and international series tournaments compulsarily :). But the condition of Superseries tournament is totally different. Its already indicated that they should play their game definitely with their full conscience ;). If the retirements are due to injury, its normal . But its like "MASS RETIREMENT PlAN" which were conducted and executed with full conscience and perfection :rolleyes:. Hence, no need to argue guys. BWF would have noted this Retirement Plans:) . So, i hope BWF will take necessary decisions ASAP without delay :). If BWF has taken a very wonderful decision for what have had happened in London Olympics, i am sure they also will consider this "Mass Retirement Plan" and take appropriate steps to ensure that will not happen again.:)

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The only "Mas Retirement Plan" I'm really hoping to see is with the BWF council and Management! :D
    And then BWF management to be outsourced to ATP...

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is the only reason you're desperate for team china to be banned is because you know it's the only was Saina can win again? :p:p:p

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think elections for some roles are coming up soon! Put yourself forward! :p

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    After, you, sir! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.