*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Reviewing a product that is already known to the public is a different thing than releasing a whole range of product that hasn't been unveiled to the public yet.

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    quite agree. People can just tell you that they have this and that. If we ask pics for proof, just say that it is under NDA, cannot be share.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I dont see why someone would want to pretend to have something they don't just to not show it to anyone.

It's not like he asked money in return :p

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well that's the purpose of a NDA. They have a version that's either not ready for release or want to synchronize their release so they tell shop owners to wait. And sometimes people in the know get a little excited and spill that they have sth (a catalogue, racket, shoe...) but soon remember they can't share any specifics....
    Just wait and see. Afaik North America is set to release the whole range in April, which isn't too long from now, and you'll get to see if AZ was right or not ;)

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    maybe to stand out of the crowd.. But j4ckie is right. We have to wait. MBS said the stock may be come in april. cant wait to get my hand on it since we dont have any demo here

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. cut the guys some slack. i believe he is a legit retailer and i am not surprised if he does have the catalog and price list as the launch date is near.

7. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

Haha, lots of anticipation and hype here! But be patient, it's worth the wait!

8. milton

milton Regular Member

9. milton

milton Regular Member

10. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    We were told to go out and spread the word of Adidas badminton after the event had finished, so I did :p

Although me and my friend did check that it was OK for us to post the photos before I posted my epic review thingy.

Some sponsored players also get to see the catalogue before it is officially released so they can choose their new gear before the season starts. I saw the Victor '09 catalogue and products slightly early that way by glancing at it on my friends table.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Too bad our season starts in September and the release is in August - no reason to send out catalogues early :D Although I find it a bit funny that demo days are in April already. I can't really see why the release is delayed by such a long time when their range is obviously ready. Perhaps they're staggering the releases worldwide to avoid the Nexus 4 problem (in Germany there were so many orders on release they didn't catch up with production/shipping until 2-3 months later).

12. mactrieuduyanh

mactrieuduyanh Regular Member

Nexus 4 was a hot highend device with a cheap price than its competitor so demand higher than expected. Meanwhile badminton sport in germany is not so hot like football or tennis so they can not expect a high demand when their racket price tag will be on the same level like Victor.
    Furthermore NO ONE in a small club near me (they have 2 teams compete in the mid and low level liga Thüringen) knows about the entry of adidas in badminton field.

#832 mactrieuduyanh, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yet Germany is a somewhat rich market (well, customers are relatively rich in comparison), and if they have the same release date for all countries they can't react quickly if some markets have a higher demand than expected. And keeping production high and wait until August with all releases would probably be harmful to their sales as the current excitement and expectancy would drop (as it happened with the Victor TK8000 - KSH used it for like half a year before the first market got it, and the initial excitement had disappeared by then).

I think they actually can expect a high demand - for a badminton company, that is. Their image as an established and high-quality brand will certainly help their cause.
    Of course it's not the same level as a smartphone, but that wasn't my point. Demand can be higher than expected even in small markets ;)

PS: If they have only 2 teams they're very likely not competing at a high level anyway. Low level competitors are often less informed concerning new releases, as they don't invest as much time and enthusiasm as higher level players and don't have the same demands. Your typical weekend-football-player will not know much about new shoe releases either as he doesn't have much use for higher end products ;)

#833 j4ckie, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  14. mactrieuduyanh

[MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION]: you are quite lucky to live in a big city. You said about your next season in september, in which club du u play?

15. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    We are expecting release in July so we also have to wait.

The rackets are very good - the 4 I tested were excellent.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hannover 96 - with currently 7 teams the biggest around here ;) But I train in 2 more regularly and 1 sporadically - which is more playing around than actually training as there's only 1 player with good technique in that club. They have 2 teams as well.
    Season regularly starts in September for us and rarely goes longer than February (which it did this year - officially the first half of March is still in the season but most clubs/divisions arrange the matches so that there are no matches there if possible). If you search for us on youtube there should be a few results ;)

17. mactrieuduyanh

From some of your videos on youtube (not so clearly) i can see Oliver products are quite popular in your big club hannover96, is Oliver from Germany? and that is so call nationalism?
    And Adidas also German company, can they succeed on their homesoil?

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Oliver is a German company, yeah. That's why there's quite a few players using their stuff - they're usually cheaper than the rest because they're a smaller company (which at the same time is the reason they're rather unknown abroad). Also our club had a contract with them so we got their products at some kind of discount.
    With adidas it'll depend entirely on their marketing (how well they'll be known, in badminton that usually depends on sponsorships and players spreading the word) and their prices (cheaper than Yonex might give players an incentive to try out their products). Availability is also an issue, they really need to be carried by most big retailers.

19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    July? That's no good, it's a new Arc11 for me then.

20. mactrieuduyanh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.