Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I see George still got big dreams. Who else? ;)

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like Ex pow already giving up hope on LCW.. Well, back to reality world looks like LCW is the only player that can stop the Chinese dominance in singles category. Anybody can give me any names other than LCW?;)
    Giving up before knowing the results is not a good choice..:cool:

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's not going to be easy for him to win OG12. All the stars must be aligned correctly. Therefore, it would be best for him to retire on a high if he wins it or later kept losing in other tournaments, he will be critised again.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I shall be waiting for our BC Polls for the expected winner of the Mens Singles at the coming 2012 Olympic Games.

I would like to know who (BCers) voted for who (the players) to win.

In previous BC polls (for different tournaments), we find some BCers talking with confidence about players winning, but not voting in our polls. Some BCers told me that these BCers are the ones that talked BIG but stayed worried about their idols not winning.

Let's see what's going to happen when our 2012 OG Polls come out. :D:D:D

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Indeed it will be not easy. It's not easy not just from the point that other than facing LD as his main obstacle, he has now CL to seriously consider. But IMHO, it's the burden that he's shouldering as to bring Malaysia first OG will be the greatest psychological task, greater than the weight carried when he was playing in this year WC that will make it is more not so easy to win the 2012 OG. Such burden is so high since:

- Other than Badminton, the other sports that Malaysia is participating unlikely can win a gold medal, alone any medal ( unless squash is there and Nicol is playing...)
    - He's shouldering the burden alone in the MS department in hoping to win an OG from the Badminton category, unless suddenly Rexy Mainacky defector, KKK/TBH miraculously can win the OG in the MD.
    - The greatest burden of all...... the high hope and expectation from the Malaysia government ( the burden will be more extra if Malaysia PM, YB Dato' Najib calls him..), public and his fans to see if he can win one of the 2 prestigious title in the world of badminton ( the other is the WC) that he still hasn't capture before he retire.

It's a pity that it seems like a solo battle for Dato' from now and i hope that he will remain strong to face such huge burden when it's time to play in the Olympic.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Well, its never been easy playing those Chn players in any major............!!

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But still anything can happen as usual..:D Majors always offer us full of surprises...:D

8. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Chong Wei Still 'Missing' Coach Misbun's Touch

Chong Wei Still 'Missing' Coach Misbun's Touch

SHAH ALAM, Dec 21 (Bernama) -- World number one Datuk Lee Chong Wei admitted today that he still missed the guidance of his former coach Datuk Misbun Sidek, more so in the run up to the 2012 London Olympics.

"Even if I wanted, I cannot make a decision because I am under BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia). BAM has a manager, an officer who makes the decisions. I just follow," he said when met after being appointed as the brand ambassador for 'Cafe 99 Ipoh White Coffee' here today.

Misbun had tendered his resignation as national coach late last year after having served BAM for eight years and Chong Wei is now under the tutelage of coach Tey Siu Bock and assisted by Rashid Sidek and Hendrawan.

Despite numerous efforts, including Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, Misbun refused to reconsider his quit decision.

The Penang-born said since the eight months of preparations ahead of the London Olympics was crucial and important, he would welcome any kind of support from anybody.

"But whatever it is I know that what is important is for me to be focused and prepared to face the challenges," said Chong Wei who also admitted to mounting pressure due to the high expectations from the whole nation.

He added that unlike his main rival from China, Lin Dan, who has the support of his fellow countrymen Chen Long and Chen Jin, he (Chong Wei) would have to shoulder the quest to win the country's first ever Olympic gold medal, all by himself.

"But I guess it is OK. This is my last Olympics and I am not too concerned about the pressure. I take this pressure and I hope the media and everyone else will support me," he said.

Chong Wei said one of his most disappointing moments of his illustrious career was losing the World Championships title in London last August.

"The World Championships loss was the most painful and it still hurts. I still feel 'down' until now. But with the new year coming, I want to forget everything and start afresh," said Chong Wei who will be competing in the Korean Open early next year and the Malaysian Open from Jan 10-15.

-- BERNAMA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think most of us, including me would say that Dato' LCW miss Datuk Misbun very much. Dato' says that he still meets him and seek counsel from him but having a conversation about how you performin outside the court still will not do any good without having him with you sweating and training together in court. It's time for BAM management, especially thier supreme commitee to have an open heart , burry their arrogance and persuade Datuk Misbun back to BAM. It's maybe already a half OG effort done there already. The other half, let Dato' LCW sweat it out 8 month later.

9. shoffee

shoffee New Member

[h=1]Chong Wei only fears Lin Dan at the Olympics
    [/h] [h=2]By KNG ZHENG GUAN[/h]SHAH ALAM: World No. 1 shuttler Lee Chong Wei insists he does not fear Chen Long despite a string of defeats to the rising Chinese star this year. But he welcomes all the help he can get in pursuit of his Holy Grail – the London Olympics men’s singles gold.

The 29-year-old Chong Wei had a fairly successful year, winning seven titles from 11 final appearances. But Chong Wei failed to get the better of arch-nemesis Lin Dan, losing four out of five encounters with the most heartbreaking one being the defeat in the final of the World Championships back in August.

If one China obstacle was not bad enough, he now has another in Chen Long. Chong Wei failed to defend his Super Series Finals title last week after losing to Chen Long in the semi-finals, his third loss to the Chinese youngster following back-to-back defeats in the Japan and Denmark Opens.

But Chong Wei remains confident that he has what it takes to overcome Chen Long and only sees Lin Dan as a threat to his Olympic ambitions. “I’m not worried at all about losing to Chen Long because I was fatigued after a gruelling year,” said Chong Wei after signing on as a brand ambassador for Cafe 99.

“Lin Dan will be my main obstacle because he has always had an edge over me.

“But I’m working on that and will discuss with my coaches whether I need to change my game to counter the Chinese duo.”

Chong Wei admitted that he still seeks advice from former mentor Misbun Sidek, who is no longer under the BA of Malaysia (BAM) set-up.

“Winning the Olympics is a long cherished dream and I will readily accept all the help I can get to realise it.

“I only have eight months to get it right for what will be my last shot at Olympic glory,” he said.

“I did ask Misbun for some advice but that was done on a personal level as we are friends. I’m still under the BAM and will adhere to their rules.

“There are three excellent coaches (Rashid Sidek, Tey Seu Bock and Hendrawan) I can work with at BAM. It is important that I maintain my focus and stay injury free until the Games.”

Chong Wei is already back in training for the Korean Open Super Series Premier despite having just ended a hectic season last week. He has a relatively easy route to the final in the tournament in Seoul from Jan 3-8.

The top seeded Chong Wei will face India’s P. Kashyap in the first round and a win should pit him against another Indian, Ajay Jayaram, or Korean Shon Wan-ho.

In his half of the draw are the likes of veteran Peter Gade, Japan’s Kenichi Tago, Vietnam’s Nguyen Tien Minh and Indonesians Simon Santoso and Taufik Hidayat – all of whom he should have no problems beating.

The top three shuttlers from China – Lin Dan, Chen Long and Chen Jin – are drawn in the bottom half of the draw with one of them tipped to meet Chong Wei in the final.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/12/22/sports/10145167&sec=sports

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'd say forget the past, look forward to 2012, LCW.

You must be prepared mentally and physically for all eventualities on your own.

You have done it before so have the self belief you can do it again.

The pressure is not on you since your predecessors have never won an Olympic gold but you did one better by winning the silver in Beijing Olympics 2008! Remember that you have already brought glory to MAS.

I would say the pressure is on your CHN opponents since they have to try their best to retain the title. So relax a bit Chong Wei. Just focus on your game and do your best. Then your opponents will be the ones who will be afraid of you.

The whole of MAS will be behind you, including MS.

#7030 Loh, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  11. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Blame nobody…assistance of all kind can only help to acertain degree. On court you are on your own. IMO; provided that he remains fittill OG12; the only thing LCW has got to do would be a heart transplant…toreplace his current Chicken heart with that of a Lion…all by himself!

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

True... Only LCW can tame his opponents.

As we have often seen, as soon as his opponents noticed that he had lost his confidence, they would climb all over him to attack him (eating him up before he can run away).

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Me 2.................It will be even nicer for LCW to beat these 2 and grab the gold !! :D :D :D

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes.... Please be focus & play all out, our Dato LCW. We will support you with all our heart ....

You have brought glory to MAS by being the 1st MS in MAS history that grab silver Medal at Olympic Games. Your achievement is very good, you can be proud of it..& yet you did not feel comfortable with Silver Medal & All England Gold Medal , you thirst for even more. you did not let your comfort take over you, that's why we respect you even more..

One of the reason of why we can watch & enjoy such high level of Badminton games when LD, CL, & LCW in crash is because none of them have been comfortable by what they have achieved so far with respect to their current performance. IMO, everybody can push the boundaries by simply being uncomfortable by what they have achieved so far, They will be better than what they could ever imagine.

LD - He has grabbed almost all of the big title in Badminton ( WC,OG, AE, Thomas, Sudirman, AG ) you name it.
    CL - He has become another obstacle for LCW, other than LD which IMO nobody in the Badminton world today can be the obstacles for LCW apart from LD & CL, & he is even younger than CJ, what an achievement.
    LCW - He has become one of Badminton Legend at Malaysia, yet he still want to be better..

By this spirit & mentality, LCW is a real contender for 2012 OG Gold Medal, however on the other side of the table LD & CL are still in hungry lion mode which are ready to become as nasty as they could to achieve what they have been dreaming for.

Yet again, since, Tom Cruise have already accomplished Mission Impossible for 4th time already, why can't LCW accomplish his mission, & i think LCW's mission is possible. ;)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Nothing is impossible

Exactly... Nothing is impossible, and/or impossible is nothing.

The majority of Badminton fans, IMHO, (and I) have a dream that LCW can accomplish this mission; to win the 2012 Olympic Gold.

This dream makes following LCW's mission very interesting; And I hope LCW will accomplish it.

16. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Thanks for sharing, jake...I'd suppose this is the kind of coach LCW ever needed...

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    THis link shows a Korea coach, only Lin Dan coach tang can coach a small kid to be the next Dan, only china can do it, china is the best.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I agree... Coach Tang is the best.

So, what if Coach Tang is to coach LCW?

Will LCW win the 2012 Olympics Gold?

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i prefer indra gunawan to train LCW, unfortunately indra already left this world... or else today there will be a lot of talented MAS ms players in top 50...

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It is not appropriate to say Tang is the best just because he coached LD. You must also have an able student.
    Don't think he can coach any Tom, **** or Harry to be an Olympic champion.