Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Philippine is a nice city for rexy and family :) they will take care of him :D

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is a lotssssss of funny story happened in bam
    u and me are not the only one who know it,hauge.
    hehe

erm,can u recall what is ng chin cai initial post?
    or
    can u really tell which people is helding what post in bam?
    hehe

to answer ur question
    having a lawyer along your side will ensure u able to use the grey area and borderline even better
    hehe

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is a classy parting way response, no pissing around like nothing good to say, don't say it;) The promise that Rexy said he failed to bring an OLY and WC MD gold, that tells me Rexy is a true professional passionate in his work, not there for the loot. The failure goes to the big-headed players and the just as incompetent big-ego BAM coach and management, no surprise to me....So, now that TBH-KKK went with Pang and then TKH, are the results any better? the opposite is true, they sink lower in the ranking, so after Rexy took the fall, who is the next fall guy, not TKH, then who?.....the clowns and the circus show continues....MAS Boleh!;)
    Phillipines baddy players are no-names and just like underdogs, they will listen. Only way to go is up...good choice for Rexy. Russia is good choice too, flushed with cash, Russian players have size and all, achieve nothing much for now, and if they could have an excellent coach like Rexy and follow his formula should be a force too. Giood things follow good people, leaving is not the end but the beginning of something better...Phillipines Boleh;)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is only 2 way
    join them or leave them
    hehe

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Of course Rajes Paul knows, she's been around the baddy reporting scene a long time. I betcha she even knows the who, what, where & all, she just cant say it in public, hence the hints.;)

6. eaglehelang

On KKK/TBH, well, I reckon KKK is pissed at TBH for suggesting going with Pang, now his sifu is leaving. Hence, their performance is getting worse & worse, no way TKH can actually do anything to patch it.

Uncle, Russia has some good WD and/or MD players that gave trouble to Asian doubles. Imagine if Rexy went, whoaa, sure winners.
    Philipines players are raw, can see from Axiata Cup, the fact that they are willing to pay Rexy what he got in Msia shows investment into the sport.

Really appreciate what Rexy has done for Msian doubles all these years, from MD to WD to XD. Not only KKK/TBH ya, Msia women's team won the 2009 SEA Games gold also due to Rexy's strategy in doubles. If it wasnt Rexy, the XD dept, senior level would not have taken off the ground.

#846 eaglehelang, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    There is a saying in sun tze, something like this:When you win too many wars as a general for your king, you need to retire before those surrounding the king pin you down :D

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Just like Caesar got knifed by those around him.....hoot, whoot...ouch weeee:D

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Connections and kissing lots of big butts

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The Axiata Cup might have actually been good to make Phillipines more serious about badminton!

11. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday April 14, 2012
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty won’t let Rexy’s resignation affect Olympic preparations
    KUALA LUMPUR: National women’s doubles shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (pic) were shocked by their coach Rexy Mainaky’s resignation but they believe it will not affect their Olympic preparations.
    Yesterday, Eei Hui-Pei Tty continued to savour the company of Rexy, who will be around for a few more days before he begins work in the Philippines on May 1 as the national coaching director.
    Rexy announced his decision to leave after a seven-year stint in Malaysia during a press conference at Bukit Jalil on Thursday.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty, who dropped one rung to world No. 16 after losing in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open last week, said they were used to adapting quickly to training under new coaches.
    Besides Rexy, they have trained under Cheah Soon Kit, Pang Cheh Chang and Chang Kim Wai. And when their main coaches are away, they train with Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling.
    “We were shocked by Rexy’s resignation but we can’t do anything about it. It is Rexy’s decision and we have to accept his wish to coach in the Philippines,” said Pei Tty, who will have a special farewell dinner with Rexy and Eei Hui today.
    “I am thankful to Rexy for guiding Ee Hui and me. Prior to my injury (knee in 2010), Rexy took Eei Hui and I under his wings and allowed us to spar with the men shuttlers. That was encouraging.
    “Rexy is very serious in training and demands us to give their best and players don’t dare to take it easy. Our game used to be quite straight forward but Rexy helped us to add more variety to it.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty, however, are still living dangerously as far as their qualification for the Olympic Games is concerned. They will take part in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) next week, followed by the India Open from April 24-29. They need to stay in the world’s top 16 ranking to be assured of an Olympic spot.
    “The India Open can make all the difference for us. Rexy is still around and when he leaves, we will continue with what he had taught us. Eei Hui and I are experienced enough and we will be able to handle ourselves. We are also used to training with Jeremy and Kien Ling,” she said. “We may face top seed Tian Qing-Zhao Yunlei of China in the second round of the ABC and we will be out for a win. In the India Open, we must reach at least the quarter-finals to confirm our Olympic ticket. It is a tricky situation but we can pull it off,” she said. Eei Hui wished Rexy well. “It is sad to see him leave. After all, he had done his best for us. What we will miss most is his motivation talks. Our preparations will not be affected by his absence as we remember all that he has taught us and we will apply it,” said Eei Hui.
    Meanwhile, national doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her praised Rexy for his contributions – especially when he is seen as the man behind the rise of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong as a respectable pair at one stage.
    “He steered Koo-Tan to success at the Asian Games in 2006 and the All-England in 2007. There have been other titles too and none can deny Rexy’s role in grooming Koo and Tan. But we have to accept the fact that coaches come and go,” said Kim Her.
    “Rexy’s departure may or may not trigger a change in the national set-up. We will surely discuss about it at the next coaching and training committee meeting (April 26).
    “There may not be any changes now because we are focused on our preparations for the Olympics but I am sure that major changes will take place after the London trip,” added Kim Her, who himself needed a rub-down after coaching his players yesterday.

http://thestar.com.my/services/prin...012/4/14/sports/20120414074916.asp&sec=sports

12. eaglehelang

13. Holy Banana

Holy Banana Regular Member

hmm depends on what the player wants it would be a good change but before the olympic games ...?

14. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Look at it this way:

In realistic terms, Malaysia's WD team isn't expected to win big at the London Olympics.

If Rexy leaves after the Olympics, he will be blamed for 'the disappointment at the OG'.
    If he leaves before the Olympics, he obviously leaves with a better-looking CV :D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This time my decision to quit Malaysia is final

Hope that Rexy can help Badminton in the Philippines to rise up to a higher standard/level.

BCers should realise the Malaysian problems Rexy was facing:

How could Rexy be happy in Malaysia when his bosses were telling him how to coach and his charges were telling him how they do not want to be coached?

Good Luck to Rexy in the Philippines. :):):)

#855 chris-ccc, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    so what is PANG CHEH CHANG roles now?

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The Philippines is paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them

They gifted you one also? :confused::confused::confused:

I have just got myself the latest Apple iPad (my first time using Apple), and it is taking me lots of time to learn how to use it. These new pads/tablets can be a distraction, I would say. ;););)

Anyway, I am still receiving news about Badminton via various sources; Here is what was reported by the Philippine Daily Inquirer:

Sunday, April 15th, 2012
    By Marc Anthony Reyes

HOPING to finally boost the development of the sport, the Philippine Badminton Association through secretary general, Rep. Albee Benitez, has announced the hiring of an Indonesian former Olympic and world champion and lavished him with an incentive package never before afforded a foreign coach.

Sources said Rexy Mainaky will be getting $12,000 (P504,000) a month on top of accommodation and schooling of his two children at a British School in Manila. The condominium rental alone is reportedly worth between P100,000 to P150,000 a month.

The deal is believed to be one of the biggest the country’s local sports officials given a foreign coach, even surpassing the reported $10,000 monthly salary of Azkals mentor Michael Weiss.

The Philippines had tapped the services of top tier coaches before, including Cuban boxing coach Raul Fernandez Liranza, who reportedly received $3,000 a month as the country’s top foreign mentor way back in the late 1990s.

Mainaky may well be worth it, though, as he mentored the powerhouse Malaysian team for seven years before he announced his resignation to coach the lowly Philippine team which he described as “a new challenge.”

“Russia had offered me even more – about $12,000 a month but I did not take it up. Indonesia and England too have asked me to join them. The Philippines is paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them because of the challenge,” he was quoted by www.thestar.com.my.

“I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the program from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million,” he told the website.

The Philippines last won a medal in the Southeast Asian Games in 2003 through siblings Kennevic and Kennie Asuncion in the mixed doubles. In the 1997 SEAG, Kennie and Amparo “Weena” Lim bagged the country’s first badminton medal, a bronze in the women’s doubles.

Lim eventually made it as the first Filipino to qualify to the Olympics in 2000. Mainaky won the men’s doubles gold in the 1996 Atlanta Games with Ricky Subagja. They emerged 1995 IBF world champs in Switzerland, 1995 and 1996 All-England titlists, and 2000 Asian titlists. Mainaky was also part of the Indonesian team that won the Thomas Cup in 1994, 1996, 1998 and 2000.

Source: http://sports.inquirer.net/40371/ph-badminton-gets-top-indonesian-coach

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the 'me' in that post is not refer to me.
    read again
    haha

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer