Badminton Stores in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Justheretoplay, Jan 19, 2012.

1. fastmiele

fastmiele Regular Member

Thanks for the links.

Why do the mainlanders love Rose ? I went there twice before and to be honest they are a bit rude, lied and ripped me off. I am not from HK and I bought some rackets from them. One of them cracked very early and I emailed the person I purchased all my rackets from. He said he would take it back and get me a replacement. My friend dropped it off and I never heard back from them. They stopped answering any of my emails and such. The only reason I am not so angry is because I knew before buying the rackets that Rose had a poor reputation for customer service, so its buyer beware and once you leave the store you are on your own.

The one thing I have to say is the store front looks pretty good and you have all the nice rackets hung up behind the glass cabinet.

2. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    does e78 have an english website?

3. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    For e78, u can email the guy in English. As for glass cabinets showing off the rackets, almost every store in HK does that, some of them don't even have the glass just like any big sport outlets in the States/Canada with better selection.

Rose sports, it's great to window shop, I wouldn't buy anything from them tho. In fact, I wouldn't buy anything from the baddy shops in MK unless you have no other choice. U will probably find better deals else where without the hassle of mingling with godzillion of people.

4. limsandy

limsandy Regular Member

Where would you shop besides in MK? Where do you usually buy your equipments from?

5. LemonPepsi

N/A
    Lots of places in HK. Just give you some examples, I bought my VT80 and the new logo CAB 21 from CYF Badminton on TST cos of the knowledgable owner. I have my string jobs done at E78, again the owner may not say much, but there is nothing to complain about when it comes to his string jobs. I got my shuttles from Kai Shing Badminton in Hung Hom and just yesterday I placed an order for a CAB 50 at my badminton store (yes, it is in HK island at the west end of the island MTR line, u can actually go to the shop to buy stuff, although i just emailed the guy and do a bank transfer.) There is actually a post about my badminton store in BC.

MK is easiest for tourist if you would like to get everything in one place. However, if you have the time or you know your way around (the shops above are all within walking distance from MTR) you don't have to shop in the hell hole that is MK. I guess I am too mean to MK lol.

If you have something in mind that you would like to get in HK, post here, the HK memebers in BC can surely point you to the right shop.

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

When I went to Mybadmintonstore their shop was closed I was pretty disappointed but I bought a new Yonex T-Shirt near Po Lam Station in Gallop Sports Products Co.

7. drew tze en

The address for Gallop Sports is G39 Metro City, Phase 1, Tseung Kwan O, NT, HK Telephone is 2177 0976

8. LemonPepsi

N/A
    Wow, you surely know your way around HK, Po Lam is on the far east side of the penisula.

9. drew tze en

I know, I arrived from Hong Kong this morning but in Hong Kong I was staying near Hang Hau MTR Station and I went all the way to Sheung Wan to look at MBS but it was closed

10. limsandy

limsandy Regular Member

How does the pricing from CYF, E78 and MBS compare to ESL or racketshop? What does BC stand for? Thanks, LemonPepsi. ;)

11. LemonPepsi

N/A
    E78 is the cheapest, CYF is the most expensive. Everyone else falls in between. However, we are only talking about 20-30 bucks difference here for rackets. First string jobs bg66 UM cost 100 bucks at CYF and 85 at e78. Just some benchmark for u.

12. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    i've been to ESL raquets and sports way back 2009 and bought a couple of yonex bg65Ti string and a pair of shoes. nice store though quite hard to find coz you have to look for their store sign on a busy street. btw, they give discounts on strings if you buy more than 5pcs.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  14. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

lemonpepsi,

how much does e78 normally charge for bg66 UM restringing?

15. LemonPepsi

N/A
    HKD 85 last time I string 66um.

16. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

Juz went to e78 last week. Seems like Mr Chan has left that unfriendly stone cold door wide open for customers :) He now strings openly in his shop, no more hiding in the back corner. Maybe he has set up a tea table and a home theater behind :) And pls speak Canto with him. Has anyone spoke to him in other languages or dialects that he seems to understand? I have never heard him speak anything other than Cantonese :)

Btw it is a little closer if you go there via Diamond Hill MTR, just exit by Exit B to Choi Hung Rd, cross to the opposite side, walk to the right and find Tai Yau Street on the left, then walk into Sheung Hei Street on the right after about 50m where you will find Yip Fung industrial building.

17. rjchung

rjchung New Member

This place is decent, I also bought my racquet here.

18. drew tze en

I agree for me I love it because I finally found a Yonex t-shirt I have been looking for a while The series during the Yonex All England 2010 the single sleeve top but I bought mine in red and both sleeves

19. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I think he can only speak Cantonese
    my sister tried to speak with him with English and Mandarin but it's futile lol.. after that I think his daughter? or his cousin the one that talks with my sister

20. rawtiger

rawtiger Regular Member

Self Employed
    ESL Vs Rose Sport

Just went to these 2 shops recently, ESL has lots more YY shoes selection, n cheaper as well!