2014 OUE Singapore Open SS (Semifinals & Finals - 12 & 13 April 2014)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / New Zealand Open / China Master 2' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2014.

1. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    Astec is owned by the 'golden couple' of Alan Budikusuma (OG 1992 MS gold medalist) and Susi Susanti (OG 1992 WS gold medalist).

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Lcw only lost cos it was just a small singapre open la not important compared to premier super series ma.

As evidenced from his post game interview... So hes gonna crush simon next time if it is a important tournament... Hmm expect the scores to be reversed !

3. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    well that's the great things about sport, the unexpected things make us exiting and make the sport more interesting to watch. so expect the unexpected things to happen :) that's the sport about.

anyway congrats to Santoso i never seen him playing better than this, his net play was just perfect and he was so focus on the game from the first point, even this is just another Superseries for LCW but beating LCW is a big deal esp in the final stage :eek:

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Chen Jin at the AE
    Taufik at the world champ
    Peter Gade

5. badrutm

badrutm Regular Member

blogger
    and this is just unimportant comment, why should chong wei participate in such small tournament ?

6. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I guess he's only good enough to win the big events and not the small ones. LOL! But then again, I guess that's not really true because the Grand Old Man of Badminton still hasn't won the WC or OG. And this is who some proclaim is the best player ever, someone who has never been World or Olympic champion!

Seriously, this peeing all over victories that have been so hard fought for just because the player in question isn't one's favourite helps me to understand why participation on this forum and the audience for badminton is so small.

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

To enjoy (earning money) and to give out mercy to the poor badminton audience as there is no more badminton MS super-star after LD's timeout...

8. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

I didn't bother to watch the last match and this happened:rolleyes:

To give LCW credit, he has the tendency to skip non-Yonex tournaments. Given all the no-shows and withdrawals, the old horse did his part for badminton and should be saluted.

The new Winter break is good idea. But with a more compressed time frame, BWF needs to be very careful with scheduling or we will see more and more tournaments with watered-down fields of participants.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^This.... :D

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Congratulation to Simon Santoso, a skillful player won his first ever Super Series all the way from qualification round, what an achievement! As for Lee Chong Wei, it was a good lost, in my opinion, as it proved his B game would not overcome opponent's A game.
    You could tell Simon came with full preparation as his net play always directed to CW back hand side(weak spot?) and won many points. Chong Wei also quite careless about his un-force errors and slow to rectify in adapting Simon's game plan. I also felt his focus playing against players from other nations, besides China, is always kind of lacking?
    We can expect Chong Wei to make a comeback on his next outing, not a concern.

11. genjik

genjik Regular Member

first ever super series? hahahaha.

he won indonesia open and denmark open.

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i also noticed that chongwei quickness has reduced, he use to be able to retrieve any smashes/shots but nowadays seems he cannot retrieve lot of them, he is getting old liaw...

he won most of his point now through skills instead of pure quickness, when he was younger

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I watched this match again on TV. It was a very high quality match. Tang was a little more stable than Bao. There were some great shots from all players.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I was disappointed with Bao during the Uber Cup finals when they lost to the deserving Japanese.