smelly feet?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by gamepurpose, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ilostmybrain

ilostmybrain Regular Member

Student
    If there are no sores or wounds on your feet, you can try applying deodorant or anti persirperants (sorry for spelling) onto it, buy a new stick of deodorant and apply it to your feet

2. .spot.

.spot. Regular Member

Student
    I use regular Shoe-Powder that contains Talc and Aluminium Chlorohydrate that I disperse inside the shoe every 2 weeks or so.
    If it gets really bad, e.g. after a tournament, I spray the shoes with regular Body-Deodorant. They even smell nice after this threatment. XD

My shoedealer told me not to wash sports shoes, btw. It will hurt them.

A good alternative to these zedera insoles are bamboo socks, they have antibacterial properties, too. And are much more enviromental-friendly than cotton. Just try a simple google search to get them.

3. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

lol this is one of the funniest posts. i practically laughed while looking through the INJURIES section of the forum. is smelly foot an injury...? hmm maybe not, but anyways it belongs nowhere but here, so i guess its fair to post it here.
    anyways, i had really stinky foot like 8 years ago, and i realized there are some factors that aggravate this problem.
    1. if you dont wear socks, its going to stink
    2. if its an old shoe, most probably it will stink
    3. if you have an athletes foot it will stink
    4. if you sweat a lot from your foot, it will stink
    there are a lot of other factors that makes the shoe smell, but these are some of the major factors that caused my shoe to smell.
    to treat athletes foot, i realized this ointment called LAMISIL really helps. I had athletes foot for years, and nothing seemed to work. But after i applied LAMISIL consistently for a month, it disappreared forever. So i guess LAMISIL kills the root cause of the problem, not just the problem itself.
    For sweaty foot, theres nothing better than wearing socks, and changing it frequently.
    i hope this helps.

4. biomik

biomik Regular Member

it is injury... to others :)

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Lamisil (terbinafine) is one of several anti-fungal medications. One could argue that it is "stronger" than some of the other products but it doesn't work any differently. :)
    The root of problem isn't the fungus, of course, but the fungus-friendly environment of a sweaty foot/shoe. All your advice is bang-on!

6. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

for me, lamisil worked wonders.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

That's because you're from HK, where HK feet is rife...:D

But seriously, lamisil is only if you have fungal infx of your feet, signified by an itchy peeling rash especially between the toes.

For regular smelly feet, it's the sweat that causes bacterial overgrowth that causes the stink. As others have said, soak with rubbing alcohol solution to kill bacteria, or apply aluminum tetracholorohydrate antiperspirant on the feet nightly. No need to spend $30CAD for lamisil...

8. nkiattin

nkiattin Regular Member

LAN Admin
    Smelly feet caused your shoes to smell. The way to solve this problem is very simple. When you take a shower just applying soap and rinse is not enough to clean your feet. You have to soap and scrub them down thoroughly with a wet cloth or a brush. Be sure to scrub top and bottom and between toes. You should spend a couple of minutes on each foot. Do this every day when you shower and you'll notice that your feet and your shoes will not smell any more. No need to spend money on spray, powder, or insoles. Speaking from experience :)

9. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

10. AAABeef

AAABeef Regular Member

Has anyone tried Gold Bond medicated powder or a similar product by Dr. Scholl's? On the packaging, they claim to have anti-bacterial properties (one of them has menthol or something in it) and able to remove foot odour?

11. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    ok...since this thread just kinda 'pop' up..

i HAD this problem too.. just that it's on the more extreme side... my foot ( soles and around all toes ) will just 'leak'..yes..even if i'm just sitting doing nothing.

and the smell ?? just imagine if my dog would not come near me ??:eek::eek: it'll come back in about 3 to 5 minutes after a warm lemon/salt soak and all the jazz..

my socks are all wet ,i mean like after a game,and since i have to put on shoes all day long,my soles are all whitish and 'pock-mark'... can't walk the next day when i wakes up..just too painful cos my skin peeled off the nite before !!!:mad::mad:

tried all under the sun, even tried under the moon..:D:D - joking about the moon.

until finally found this.. not sure if it's available in your country..

Brand - Dr. Mist..

Spray type - colorless,odorless..

and works magic.. my problem solved..

12. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    To Grotius, I don't know if it really works. But a guy from radio television hk had said that before.

To drifit, I've tried both kinda socks! And I have to agree with cheung! Pure cotton socks are far more better that those with nylon!

#32 red00ecstrat, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  13. arkkillu

arkkillu Regular Member

sales
    Get a new shoe and sock,give it a try,if still happen,try to get some special sock with anti bacteria 1

14. aushaw

aushaw Regular Member

Technical Education in Dentistry
    Thank you for the suggestion, I change my shoes every 6 weeks to new shoes and socks are treated anti-microbially each wash (fresh socks every time I play)
    It seems that some people(generally guys) have a higher body temperature and perspire much more than others. This can produce problems of course if left untreated!

15. Vineyard

Vineyard New Member

Real Estate
    I used to sales shoe. Here is my take.

1. Never wear your shoe more then 8 hours ( if you do, need to air your feet)
    2. Wash your feet and use any foot spray that was suggested on this thread.
    3. Air your feet ( after long hours on your shoe, wear saddle, it a must!)
    4. Remember to change your sock every used.
    5. If you feet peel! use Vaseline and apply every night before sleep.

Good luck!