BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    are we talking about the failure of tuc 2010?
    lol
    even the river near my place are not shallow as that
    we are talking about bam problem since 2008(atleast for me when i start to know what happen inside)
    i have been keep mentioning since long time ago
    since people start to pay attention to this issue
    i just try to tell more
    any problem?
    am i the one who say why lcw always lost to lindan?
    am i the one who say koo/tan lost to opponnt because of fat,skinny,making fun,fancy and bla bla bla?
    lol

this is funny when people comment as if they know the point
    its ok
    i rest my case
    wont comment further

if not
    someone will say we overate ourself
    keep demanding
    and bla bla bla
    will not visit this thread and bam in mess thread anymore
    tata

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    the future of malaysian players start from the bottom with the state ba, true if those players are really the products of the state ba. but if one takes a closer look they may not all come from there, in a lot of state these players comes from private coaches and if there are not these coaches (from state ba and private) who love badminton so much, who go out, scout and hunt for talented kids to start off, there won't be any good ones for bjss to pick. and one can imagine the outcome of the next generation of players...:eek:

what bam should consider, giving incentives to development coaches inside state ba or private coaches but through the state ba to produce potential players not just winning results but take into consideration of using sports science. there has been a lot said on this than done. what kind of physique and development skills do we look at for a start or only just their winnings?:confused:

not to mention the salaries/allowance gap between the state ba and national coaches and how do they monitor each state ba coaches performance? a cable?:eek:

does bam knows all of this especially the president? i don't think so:eek:

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Indeed, most of us here are not condeming the players etc etc, we are discussing how to develop talent
    and further developing the game to keep up and not fall behind. Of course we are not doing too badly,
    but that may not be true in future.A doctor examining a sick patient just has to take a holistic view of a problem so
    as not to create new problems.Limsy like all the younger generation want to see a better society, they are not like their
    grandparents always benchmarking with the past it is their world so to speak.
    And we can help by providing more positive and optimistic leads.Anyway, we keep on going round and round, I suggest Limsy start activating the ignore button.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    private coach should be co-operate with state ba and not directly connected to bam as that would create some conflict between state ba and private coach when dealing with bam
    so
    my structure for malaysia badminton would be

--------------------------------bam
    --________________________l_______________________
    --l----------------------------------------------------------------- l
    bjss <---------------------provide talent----------------------state ba
    --l ______________________________________________l
    --_______________________l________________________
    --l----------------------------------------------------------------- l
    club(for both under 19 and above 19)--------------- private coach(under-19)
    --l______________________________________________ l
    --------------------------------l
    -----------------------------school

i skipped mssd,mssn,mssm and those tournament
    i show this for just a brief ideal for what i mean/thinking of

now
    bam only connected with bjss(not well connnected also)
    to have a better future
    bam need to work together with state ba,club and private coach
    the grass root is the school(which player get send to mssd and etc)
    bam should have a guideline on what they want,what they lack,what is the ideal
    a fully understanding squad from the grass root to bam
    they will have a long term planing for let say atleast 20 years without any worried

bjss is doing their job by producing many good player since the pilot project start from 2007(credit to bjss coach for training and state ba/private coach for spotting)
    we had 4 wjc title,4 ajc title since then(not to mention tons of silver and bronze)
    how many wc did bam had?non
    why?
    we have talent,but policy killed them
    they should change,not blame.
    dont start to looking for water after ur house is burning
    store ur water and beware of fire is a wiser choice

of course every section is a long story to explain
    this is only the brief ideal:)

well
    its ok
    i should just stop answering those that didnt get my point:)

#165 limsy, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    what about the case of private coaches who can't get along with state ba, am sure there are a few and possibly these could mean also a few future potential player been left out? no doubt it has to be through the state ba to the private coach but there must be some kind of monitoring or link!
    one example and i won't mention the state and this has been happening some time already:
    state ba 1st policy all players winning respective aged group in their state junior will be selected to undergo training at their center and receive full privilege. failing to attend will only be allowed to play doubles! actually this happen in the 100plus junior gp final last week!

another example also no state name given, if the private center players can beat up all the state ba players, will the state ba still, willingly send them to national level tournament including their private coach? and if it involve centralized training what would happen. sending the players to be trained by the state ba coach whose players all lost to them? sound rather funny, isn't it and this has been happening in a number of state!

i can still go on but you tell me whether these private coaches should get some kind of link to bam as what the sukan teras was for?;)

#166 pBmMalaysia, May 31, 2010
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    overall
    yes
    i know the situation
    that's why
    bam need to have a clear policy to every state ba and to private coach
    i sure bam have no clear policy for this issue
    even they does,surely they didnt enforce it

to me,
    each and every state should send their best player to play in national tournament,regardless coach by state ba or private coach
    we want the best player,not only the player coach by state ba
    this is just as same as in bam where some player wont get kick out due to their special identity
    the 1st clear point of view is,regardless race or identity,if the player is the best in state by beating each and everyone else,they should get send to national tournament.
    if i am the president of one of the state ba,of course i can do whatever i want to gain the most advantage i can,be it money,power or fame
    no one is guiding me,i only need to report to my own state council for fund.
    bam should start to set guild line to prevent this kind of issue happen again.
    that's my point of view in previous post.

in fact,this happen for years
    i know some player who is pretty good but quite badminton because state ba coach their own player only and not the best player;)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i must say, that's like the quickest "tata" i've seen..
    ..limsy, you're sounding more and more like Krisna with all the detailed analysis and input on what MAS and BAM must/should do..;)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    but i am not in the position to do so

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    due to politics, the private coach will never be in favour. Else state ba will have no face.

So, one suggestion is to 'join the gang' instead of going against it.

Meaning, the private coach should part with his best player and allow them to train under state ba. If not migrate to another state or get bam help. Am sure some can see if the player is good. There are lots of tournaments in Malaysia for people to judge.

Once the state player is good enough to go into national, then he can decide later to go back to the private coach to try out (if the chemistry still works again).

This is just like going pro.

I've read a lot in this thread. Wistle blowers should be encouraged. This will keep everyone on their toes. Politic will always be there. The best man wins. You have to know what you are doing, else arrows will be coming to your back. No one owes anyone a living....

Its internet world now days. Those idiots who think the can get away with abuse are gone... Just report to this if you feel there are 'corruptions'

http://www.sprm.gov.my/

If someone abuse their power, then there are lots of lawyers waiting to take up the role to pounce on them.

I did tried and they do work (not all the time working tho). If you got evidence and they don't work, and sure the top head will roll.

There are lots of technology to help nab those er... you know what....

So, for those players who felt that they have been mistreated, you can post your grievances here.

Let people know or the media know. Let them do the investigations. The media loves to be a hero... (psst.. you may use free internet or anonymous name to hide your identity, dun use your home one la... tau ka..? later kena trace susah. )

So, there are lots of potential players with facebook. Do inform them on this.

It is time to give some freedom to the players to speak out. (This applies to difficult and abusing bosses if you are being mistreated in your company).

The truth is out there..... deng deng... like x files...

#170 extremenanopowe, May 31, 2010
  11. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Going further forward from limsy's (simple yet excellent) graph.... and at the risk of being slightly off tangent, the fall out from that is, we will have a pool of really good players, a big pool, that is not good enough to be on the A list but still very good players nonetheless, with no where to go.
    I think this is where a good Professional Badminton League will become useful. A healthy badminton culture so to speak, thoroughly malaysian which will keep feeding good players, coaches and facilities and hopefully, create a R&D tradition too .. in higher institutes of learning.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

But Krisna is in a position to do something about it, as least influence some of the decision makers

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^that's the only difference..^^

..but then you are making the rest of the BCers even more curious abt Krisna..:eek::confused:

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think if BAM is going to continue with Favoritism policies, then make it black and white at least coaches and players can work on it. Like when South Africa put a policy of at least one black player in their rugby team...

Same goes with the State BA... state clearly if at least there must be at least ONE representative from that race.. put it down in black & white...

Stop all the argument and work things out from there better than UNWRITTEN rulesssss

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if like this
    i will never work out to have a better bam anymore

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    dont worry... looks at our Government Uni & Private Colleges... Graduates from which site get better Job opportunities?

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think a more balanced perspective is called for here re favouritism. We must look at the objective and then judge for ourselves.
    In colleges and universities and even in government jobs and contracts one race is given special rights for the simple reason they would end up either in front or level with the other less "privileged". There is a gain for someone and a loss for another.
    In badminton, having such a policy of discrimination will do more harm than good for both the "priviledged" and those being discriminated. Those so-called privileged players not worth their salt get insulted by even their own kind and the country "cuts" its own throat. There is no gain for both, only a death sentence for both. Why would it do such a silly thing?
    In fact, the probabilty of favouritism is low. The possibilty of rumour mongering is in fact higher than favouritism.
    But we are all human. Some like conspiracy theories and rumour mongering; others have a more open mind; yet others are not swayed by rumours but judge things on evidence.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Of course we must take things based on evidence. But do u think it is easy to just reveal what is true when someone's job or even life is on the line?
    There are such thing as unspoken rules. But if no one from the Asso want to stand and speak up.. it will be hard to make a change.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

LMAO

Many things are done in an irrational manner because the people are just plain irrational

and have a seige mentality. Its about planting your cronies in all the strategic places .

Many years ago 2 shopping complexes were up for sale, a HK group offered Rm200m ,YTL offered half,but the

offer was given to YTL, it may sound illogical but the people considered it a good decision as YTL was "closer"

and more accomodating. It is already standard practice that business and everything else is politically connected

because ultimately it is about controlling the power base. Would Holland for eg. like Singapore accept badminton ot TT players to represent them no, its more important for their own people to be given a place, win or lose.Even there were protests when Falndy and Eng Hian was spposed to represent England, reason being they were depriving locals.

I think we can all talk till the cows come home, it is a sheer waste of time explaining all these stuff over and over again to the same people for their entertainment. I think we are all wasting too much time engaging people who are no longer able to learn or change their ways, why not spend more time playing badminton, facebook or watch Astro or something.

Even Kwun has been able to catch on to what we have beeen repeating again and again. But rest assured fellow Malaysians, we are maturing, we can discern and question whatever we want as we are a 2 party state like advanced countries, there are no sacred cows.Wedont need to keep on repeating the old song again and again ,someone is taking us for a ride, maybe just need people to talk to.

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

To Ants,

I think you have done enough explaining already, the world would by now know s

how many pimples are on your backside. There is no perfect world and everyone lives by different standards, what is irrational may be rational to others.

Do you have the time to answer all monkeys who throw firecrackers at you?

You should understand by now that some members are instigators, batu api, they pretend to be very naive, annoy you and make you react. They pick on issues sensitive to other people

and incite them to engage in useless argument (see Chit Chat). When you see such signs press the ignore button.

Engage them if they say something useful or constructive, not incite you or invite you to show yor warts.

We are Malaysians we live with such people everyday, it is the root of all problems here.