Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Only take it out to admire n swing when spouse not around...lol

2. yaojun05

yaojun05 Regular Member

Fund Accountant
    Hi all, been thinking of getting k9000 but been told by the seller that it is stiffer that what's indicated on the web. Any thoughts? Is it stiffer the yy zforce? Any review would be appreciated.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I was told that the TK9000 is intended to be a direct competitor to the VT-ZF, but the rated stiffness of 3/5 doesn't really bear that out...

If I get the chance to test one, it's the first thing I'll check.

4. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

How in the world can a Thruster be stiffer than a ZF. As far as i know, all mid to high end thrusters are mid flex to lesser stiff. the catapult thingy you know.....

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

As mentioned before...

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

It's bcoz of nano fortify technology.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I wouldn't use an x-stiff headheavy myself, but Victor certainly needs one - the last one was the SW35, and that sold shed-loads!

8. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

And if they plan to do one, they should make sure it's not as demanding as ZF.

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The TK9000 makes me curious. I'm coming from a SW35, BS10 and MX80. I'm looking for an easy not to tired making racket for playing at the back in MD. My experience with flex racket(VTT) was bad to mixed. But I like the BS09 and BS12. Maybe someone can do a head to head comparison. I mostly like something in the 40 to 43g swingweight area and a lighter 3U (87).

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I can't give you any swing weight data but I have been a user of the BS 09 and 12 since their release. They're totally different worlds. I like playing from the back of the court as I work there best.

The TK9000 is really a power based racket..Effortless power sure. Fast recovery..Don't expect so much. If you have experience playing with rackets along the lines of the Voltric 80 and Z Force then high chances are you will like this. But this is in no way to me similar to the SW35 much less the BS 10 and MX 80 all of which I have used regularly at one point in time as well.

The closest if you really need to know is the SW35 but the SW35 to me still swings faster and has better recovering time. The one thing I've really disliked about it is really the feel from the TK series in general and the TK9000 has sadly been no exception. In fact I found it to feel probably the worst out of all the TK's I've had the privilege of testing or owning. It feels numb and sort of detached which is pretty much along the same lines as every single voltric I've regretted trying.

One thing that I'm sure many victor users love the most from this brand is the unique feel that it has always had for many years but I really feel strongly that with the introduction of the Thruster K line up they've lost that special appeal. They just end up feeling like your run of the mill racket in that spec line up from e.g. Yonex and Li Ning.

Ok sad rant out of disappointment aside and back on topic. A lighter 3U with the TK9000 would be possible but I honestly think it would be better to get it as a heavier 4U instead. Although I find it more manoeuvrable than the equivalent VT80 it really isn't that special. Regarding the stiffness I have to say that 3/5 is really inaccurate. It should be rated as a 4/5 instead. I wouldn't go as far as saying the stiffness is comparable to the ZF. Between the VT80 and VTZF at best but much closer to the VT80 is more accurate.

11. hiphophippouk

hiphophippouk Regular Member

Huh? Isn't 4u lighter than 3u ch1k0?

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course. But you could get say an 85.0g 3U and an 84.9g 4U. Tell me then what would the big difference be? Either way I recommend 4U because this thing plays a lot like a Voltric 80. I think most typical players even at intermediate level wouldn't be able to use it to its full effectiveness if it was say over 3U 88g honestly.

13. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Why was there a price hike on this racket? It costs as much as top Yonex rackets, and that just takes so much away from the "bang for your buck" value you get from Victor rackets. It's not like it's getting glowing reviews either...

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Well, thank you Ch1k0. I think I should stay away from this eye candy racket. It's a shame to make a so gorgeous paint job for a such average racket. :crying:

15. hiphophippouk

I can see why the k9000 is compared to the v80. Ive owned the v80 and due to it breaking, i was forced to buy a replacement. I find them similar but probably the v80 slightly stiffer. The differences i find are marginal.

TBH, i dont see the harm in getting this racquet because you find it gorgeous. I done the same. :) Primarily it was the looks of it that made me buy it. I have the k6000 and BS12 and although the specs of the K6000 and k9000 are practically the same, I do find the k9000 slightly stiffer. But at the end of the day they are both gorgeous racquets and are easy to use.

I think regardless of the racquet you buy, if you are good enough then you'll adapt to what weapon you have in your hand. Its not like because the racquet is too head heavy or too stiff that you play bad. Thats all excuses i think. It'll take time to get use to a new racquet, thats what happened to me and now i love all my racquets and use them for different matches.

So go ahead and buy the k9000, I highly recommend it. and did I mention that its one sexy racquet?? :p

16. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I agree, we are all different so we all adapt to rackets differently. Reviews from others give us a guideline but to fully realize whether a racket is right or not, one must play with the racket.

So if the racket's specs are in line with what you like, I'd say go give the racket a chance.

17. Smashface

Smashface Regular Member

Something not-related to badminton
    Interesting post from Victor UK on twitter/facebook suggesting that the TK9000 will be available in Europe? I thought it wasn't heading to these shores...

"Have just had a great afternoon at the VICTOR International testing facility in Germany. There are some fantastic rackets due to be launched in the UK very shortly as well as some extremely great looking and comfortable shoes.

My personal favourites - The Jetspeed S 8ST for the racket and the SH P9100 in red and black for the shoes.

For those who prefer a stiffer flex, the Jetspeed S 8PS and the Thruster TK7000S are also well worth a try. And those who like the Thruster K6000 - keep an eye out for the TK9000 which is a simply stunning racket, with similar specs, and will be available very soon."

18. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

It's already here... I've got a couple new ones up for sale in the buy / sell section of this site. Imported from Eric and I'm sure my price will be less than the UK price.... And you can have it before it's released here. Looking for a quick sale so get in touch if you're interested.

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm looking forward to seeing TK9000 as it's a stunning racket. I hear it's due very soon although no date has been provided yet.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. hiphophippouk

It sure is a stunning racquet Paul. I got mines imported and it's the best thing I've done in badminton. :) I love mines, especially coupled with blue strings and blue grip.