Malaysia : What shuttlecock to buy ?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by kkong, Apr 17, 2004.

1. swgiant

swgiant Regular Member

U said V price is RM 39 and RM 42. Can you say it clearly:confused:? U meaned the protech gold or masterpiece? And at sibu, masterpiece sold at RM 46

2. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    shuttlecock

Hi,
    I mean Protech Gold at RM$39/-per tube and Protech Masterpiece at RM$42/- per tube.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i can get a tube of the protech shuttlecocks (dont know which one) for rm32 in sibu...

4. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I would suggest protech Tournement. the green one. It is good so far the most affordable one for social play..

It is also used by a few state training in malaysia..

it had good fly and last long plus it is affordable

5. bongkh1980

bongkh1980 New Member

Didn't anyone tried the 'FD Gold & FD Silver'? Any command?
    Note: FD = Focal & Depth

6. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    I usually use RSL No 1 Tourney. Durability and fly is not bad. Currently at my place Pasir Gudang sell price is RM45. Protech Tournament also ok as RSL No 1 Tourney. What about Carlton AG 77 (yellow)? RM39 Anybody has tried it? Pls give me a comment...TQ

7. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Since Carlton AG77 is cheaper over there, why don't you try and give us comments? I haven't seen or tried that shuttle yet...:D

8. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    My team member rest (semester break) from playing until mid of July. I just can't to play....

9. csengguan

csengguan Regular Member

engineer
    Tronex shuttlecock was now available in Penang, Malaysia. Tried d, good quality, especially Tronex gold and Green which was approved by IBF

10. faaiz

faaiz Regular Member

assistant manager
    i just wonder why u all dont used standard tournament shuttle.yonex AS30..even for me when i play with my fren i used Yonex AS30

11. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Hi, I tried several RCL, SeaLion and latest Fei Feng. Fei Feng 1011 is a tournament grade at RM60. It is main sponsor for China team.

It feel slightly heavier than RCL but durability is great. After 2 matches of heavy smashes, the feather still there, no broken feather but shuttlecock become lighter due to the damaged feather. Some of the shuttlecocks can even be played for practise several times. Highly recommended.

12. csengguan

csengguan Regular Member

engineer
    Yonex was good, however due to brand name. The price was being mark up. Even with the same quality of shuttlecock, the price for Yonex will be higher compare to other brand. We pay for quality and not brand. If the shuttlcock was approved by IBF, there exist certain level of quality. Since Tronex Gold and Green was approved by IBF, so it was acceptable by me. Even the shuttlecock that not approved by IBF, as long as the quality was good, it was ok for me also. :)

13. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    RCL De Best, Protech Millennium or Masterpiece for around RM50. RCL has a better flight, but the Protech's have better durability.

Justin.

14. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

RSL Classic Tourney for me (high performance and durability), when out of stock, I'd go for RSL Tourney No. 1. YY AS50 and AS40 is double or nearly double the price of other brand's top of the line but nobody can fault them for its perfomance and durability. There are many more but once I figured RSL Classic Tourney...I just stopped searching unless someone brings their own.

15. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Maybe you should try and ask the people that play because in different condition the shuttlecock's speed gets affected by the humidity of air whereas i live in melbourne where its REALLY dry shuttlecocks are like glass made

So you should buy shuttlecocks that are suitable at where you play

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In very dry conditions where the RH is very low, only old shuttlecocks will need some steaming. Fresh shuttlecocks do not need any steaming because their natural oils in the feathers and shafts are still there, unlike expired shuttlecocks that have lost their natural oils. Once the natural oils are gone then low humidity (dry conditions) will make the feathers very brittle, in which case you will have to resort to some steaming. But steaming or wetting the feathers will adversely affect the feathers' flight. After all birds don't like to fly or they don't fly well when it is raining. The same with wetting the feathers.
    The more distant you are from China, where most feather shuttles come from, the more likely you will use shuttles that are relatively old.

17. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    i know this cheap sh** guy in taiwan he sells like this taiwanese brand shuttlecocks (forgot the brand its the one with like the w) for $21 and i bet he gets them for like really cheap in taiwan

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I am sure shuttlecock from Taiwan will be unable to compete with shuttles from China, mainly due to higher costs in Taiwan. China is where you get real synergy between massive production capacity and massive domestic demand, and despite having to move their shuttles all over the globe to say distant places like the US or Canada they can still sell at a price lower than any locally produced shuttles, if you can still find them.
    Shuttles come in many grades, from very cheap to very expensive. You cannot compare a $20/doz shuttle with one that sells for $70/doz.
    Sometimes, even the best grades play like cheap shuttles, especially when demand exceeds supply and manufacturers sell "uncured" (shuttles that have not been allowed to set for at least 2 weeks) shuttles. Of late there have been shipments to many countries of "uncured" shuttles, without the importer being aware of the problem until they find their way to the eventual player, who will then wonder why it doesn't play as well as before.

19. csengguan

csengguan Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Taneepak,
    "uncured" (shuttles that have not been allowed to set for at least 2 weeks)

You mean the shuttle need to be "cured" before factory release out the shuttle? What actually "cured" mean? Thanks.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The finished feather shuttlecocks need to have all the glue/resin set in properly under conditions that will not evaporate any of the resin/glue. This takes two weeks in a special room. Less than two weeks, the shuttlecocks are not properly set or "cured", and when exposed to the environment will start to evaporate its resin/glue, with consequent loss of weight and a deviation of its aerodynamic specs. A shuttle that is designed to weigh 5g for say speed 77 will end up weighing 4.7g and its designed head to feathers weight ratio gets screwed up too. That is why sometimes an Aeroplane Black Label shuttle may play very well and then play lousy with a new batch.