Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dollielove

dollielove Regular Member

Student
    Too Gooood...

Naahh...think that Chong Wei has played his very best of course..it's hard to watch Chong Wei in action and proceed to final..:) And for me, Lin Dan has got the rhythm of the play and he has ruled the court nearly 100%...that's why he deserve to be champion and entitled as the no.1 badminton player..;);) and the most stylish player of all..:p

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Kah kah kah, that's really funny, what does that got to do with "back bone" when it's the boss telling them to go. The invites go thru BAM, BAM asked them to go, BAM is their boss.
    If your boss asked you to go somewhere, you have to go, you know very well. If one doesnt follow, the boss can show the door, I dunno, maybe your boss super nice. You saying like the players can over rule BAM orders.
    BAM is their boss & for the MD players it was last minute, Rexy did say if he knew about it he wouldnt have allowed them to go.

And CTF/LWW did win the tourney after that, it sure didnt distract them.
    It's not the players who must have "back bone", it's BAM, not to allow politicians to make use of players.

LCW - which distraction - the England charity event or the political one? Rexy also agreed for the charity one (means Rexy didnt think it'll be a distraction). Rexy is also one who wants his players to be focused, he thought it to be ok, so did Misbun & LCW. Taufik didnt go for the England charity event, he lost to LCW in AE, not LCW lost to Taufik.

Cai Yun also goes for charity events in between back-to-back tournaments (the articles came out in Badzine), he did lose too during that time(other times he won), would that mean it distracted him?

China players go for photo takes for products, magazine shoots, events organised by those products, charity events, that's organised by China BA, that includes Lin Dan & BCL. The photos are all in the respective player's threads. China BA told them to go, in China even more they must follow orders.

After attending all that, it didnt distract LD, LD can still win. Even if LD or other China's top players didnt win, the events thingy (political or other wise) would not be the reason.

#202 eaglehelang, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

So, if your boss ask you do something which is out of your job scope, you will go along??? :eek: For example, if your boss ask you to go and help out his uncle's restaurant on the weekends, you will get all excited and go "yes siree, it will be my honour and all"? Well, I guess there are brown nosers in every organization. Anyway, all the best with your sucking up.

As for the being fired part, suggest you read up & understand our Msian labour law, seriously.

I have said it many times, but let me put in to you again :rolleyes: ; as long as we got idiots and lackeys running our sports association, we will continue to have a culture of pampering and the end result will be us having a high majority of mentally weak sportsmen/women.

As for your query on which event I was refering about in regards to LCW, please la read my posting. I said him playing badminton with Ling Hee Liong during the 12GE campaign. Easy enough for you??

Bottom line, our shuttlers need to ask themselves a serious question. Do they want to win that AE & SO and that Olympic gold?? If yes, they should have put in 100% effort and concentrate solely on training and resting. What others do are their business. What you are saying is that TH , Cai Yun & China players etc etc are doing this promo and everything. That is their problem. Maybe TH who have won that WC and OG while Cai Yun, the WC ... maybe they think they can relax a little. BUT for our shuttlers, we have NOT WON that Olympic gold.

Thats the difference.

4. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

haiz poor lcw......whenever he win or lose there are always criticism...no wonder he cannot play in peace.......he already tried his best but sometime things will not work as what we plan...
    easy for us to say that he should do this and that or he should not do this and bla bla bla but things are not as simple as what we think it is...
    Just let LCW plays his game..he and his coach know what to do =____________='''

#204 xsakurax, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah I know what you mean -- there are too many back-seat drivers here.:D

6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    What to do,sis.
    We are talking about malaysians here.

7. eaglehelang

1) This one's even funnier, clearly you look at it too hmm direct.
    If last minute, your boss ask you to help & go somewhere for some promo, then you just go, one time. Where got time to ask & argue, etc? If say "outside job scope" ,depend on defination, boss can say "it's for promoting badminton", the players also attend certain activities to promote badminton.

Or to use your example : Very easy, Boss can say "Go to my uncle's restaurant & promote our products", and if promoting company products is within job scope,then of course must go. The management can ask a staff to do "any other tasks related to XXX company as determined by the management", that's in most appointment letters.
    But read - doing for the company NOT uncle's restaurant.
    If that one time, go & it turns out to be sthing else, I'll scold my boss, I dont suck up either.

It's just you make it sound like the players have more power over BAM than BAM has over them

AGAIN : the incident was never repeated, CTF/LWW were not affected, they won ABC. Let me clarify again : I dont like our players being used by politicians either.

LCW :
    Well......Your post before that was :
    "As for LCW, you are saying it is ok to have such distractions prior to 2 major tournaments" - the post before this, I mentioned 2 events, so was wondering.
    Maybe you forgot the England charity event was held on a Sunday before AE 2008, also "prior to 2 major events". That according to timeline is even closer to AE, if want to say distraction, even more so than the political event.
    Rexy agreed to the charity one but last year made noise about the political one. Rexy & Misbun even went with LCW, KKK/TBH. And Taufik did NOT go for this particular event, supposedly to focus on AE, Taufik still lost to LCW.

You have great respect for China's methods - their BA have arranged such promos etc BEFORE LD or Cai Yun won any major titles, it's a continious thing, all the while. Some of the product promo is not related to baddy, could be their sponsors. And China BA is particular about getting good results too, you know very well, they dont ever "relax a bit".

In real life, concentrating solely on training & resting does not guarantee gold or good results, neither does attending a few events affect their performance.
    LCW trains extra from 6.30 am to 8 am every training day, on top of his usual schedule. He stimes trains on Sundays also, 7 days a week, non stop. Stimes other events (non political ones) is a respite to the stress of competition.

It's just that the way you make it sound, as if it's all the players fault whereas it's not always within their control.
    We end it here...........

#207 eaglehelang, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  8. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Anybody else thought that things had been over-analysed and over-complicated? :)

9. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

hehe it sound funny when u call me sis :p

p/s wilfredlgf i agree with u =___=''

10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

12 pages?
    over-analysed?
    we have a ways to go yet, my friend ...

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thats the problem with Malaysian sports in general.

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey..hey..
    can i be ur ally brother?

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Shall we all sit in a circle, close our eyes, cross our fingers and HOPE? ;)

14. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    what do you suggest we, as a fan, do pemuda?

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Imagine, BAM or NSC for that matter, without fans support what will happen to the game?? What will sponsors do when fans abandon the game? In the NSC or Sports Ministry, who installed the current idiots?

16. eaglehelang

Let me clarify again : I dont like our players being used by politicians either.

And since they won that ABC, you think such activities should be encouraged??? :confused:
    Already stated in sentence bf that - No, politicians taking advantage of players me no like, it also never happened again to doubles players.

LCW :
    Well......Your post before that was :
    "As for LCW, you are saying it is ok to have such distractions prior to 2 major tournaments" -
    Am not refering to that charity event in England. 2 major tournaments means AE & SO! :rolleyes:
    Precisely what I meant too. The charity event was held 3 days before AE started, also very close to AE & SO. You did say distractions, this event was even closer to AE.
    Rexy & Misbun also agreed & went with the players to England earlier for it. Rexy is one (you also respect his abilities) who also wants players to focus but he agreed to an event so close to AE.

It's about balance, same with China & their promo arrangements

Anyway, I did suggest before, 'young man' , if you really feel strongly
    about it, perhaps use some of the boundless energy young men have, make a complaint to the press or BAM or NSC abt the "LCW gracing political event" thingy & other stuff that irks you. Some ppl might just take notice; here, only lowly fans notice;)

#216 eaglehelang, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hope things are clear enough for you. ;)

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The 2008 Swiss Open is now quite some distance behind us.
    If you'd like to discuss Lee Chong Wei's loss, please continue.

If you want to discuss other issues, do open another thread :)

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    guess that nothing much or any else to discuss further though...:)

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You reminds me of the days of Imperial China. Where the Emperor goes, there are a retinue of eunuchs tagging along :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.