Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I do have one of these but just haven't given it a test yet - are you interested in a flexible racket.

Paul Stewart may have tested this but cannot remember off the top of my head.

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    There's no such thing as a racket that's 'too fast' :)

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Nice. thanks for sharing. I was looking for comments to SW35, because I've got a really nice deal yesterday. Well then, it seems i should avoid this racket too :)

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The SW35 is Victor's Armortec 700 - that analogy takes care of everything, I assure you.

5. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Yes I am. May I ask how much do you buy it for?

I think Paul mentioned it but I haven't seen his review as of yet.

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  7. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hello Victor-fans! Apparently, I went to my daily shop and checked to buy which Victor models. End up, I found myself seeing BraveSword 11, and SuperWaves 37. I had did some research on them long ago. SuperWaves37 is cheaper then Bravesword 11, but Im more attracted to Bravesword11.. any suggestions?

Also, may I how is Victor's racket durability. Compare to Yonex?
    Example, frame- when clash easy break? mishit and stuff. Thanks :)

#1807 Satoshi, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

OK - this is confusing: Victor's site rates stiffness with coloured circles, but the stiffness decreases the more circles are filled?

http://victor-international.com/index.php?language=eng&page=product&id=6 rates the BT4500 as "five blobs", but the XT40, which is one their stiffest, gets "one blob".

It's obviously done to match the "S x x x F" scale that's seen on Victor decals, but I have to say it's misleading to do it without the S and F at either end.

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yes, that is a bit of a brain fart.

10. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hi amleto, thanks to you.. I really understand and knew what I really need now.

11. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

He wasn't referring to your post, he was commenting on Mark's.

Anyway, in response to your question: if you want the BS11, then it's more worth it to you so get that - don't just get the SW37 because it's a little cheaper. It's my current main racket :)

Victor rackets' durability is perfectly fine, it's not going to be worse than Yonex. Braveswords do have a slimmer frame compared to any brand's regular racket so they might be slightly more fragile than a thicker box frame, but you'll be fine unless you were hoping to use it as a baseball bat or something :p

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

You need a brain fart? :D

Yes, I was replying to Mark hence I didn't quote your post.

13. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

I did not realised I quoted your post o.o

14. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Okay thanks alot. so basically your main racquet is BS11? Anyways, I din realise I quoted amleto's post . LOL
    Can you give me a quick review about it? Have you tried SW 37?
    I kind of struggled using VT9 after switching back from a headlight racquet. It's head heaviness' its abit lower then VT80 but higher than VT70. After awhile, I get to adapt to it's head heaviness again. So I have did some research, both BS11, SW37 are moderate head heavy, no? And I think I should focus on improving my techniques 1st, still not perfected,

#1814 Satoshi, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The 1-digit-VTs are crap. You not being able to play with them doesn't mean much. I tested a friend's VT5 and it handled worse than my heavy N90....anyhow, personally, I'd recommend the BS11 over the SW37 based purely on the fact it has a Bravesword frame.
    While a box frame offers higher torsional stability, it's also less aerodynamic. In a head heavy racket, that doesn't matter so much, which is also why there's no really heavy Bravesword or Meteor. But since you don't like head heavy, I'd advise you to go with the faster frame.

16. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

As everyone knows, it is actually quite personal to look for your perfect racquet. The only thing u can do is to just ask for opinions. There is a few who used VT 5 and reviewed that it is good, and some say not. I had also seen quite a lot of good reviews for VT9.
    and hw can you compare a N90 with a VT5, if I'm not wrong one is a high-end model and another one is a low-end model or mid-range model

anyway thank you very much for your feedback. I think I will really end up with a bravesword. but the new paint
    job for bravesword 12 looks decent. available in 1 of the forum threads. Sorry, If I messed up anything, cause I have really average knowledge of all this. was playing pure badminton till this year I started to research about this stuffs.

#1816 Satoshi, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The comparison was the point I was trying to make - not liking a low-end junk model that is head heavy doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't like head heavy rackets in general.

The BS12 is the head lightest, quickest, and least powerful of all Braveswords, so be sure it suits your game. For me, it lacks the penetration I need in high intensity games, but is fine playing at ~70%. The BS09, while similar, packs a harder punch, and not by a little. While I don't remember the BS11 as well (tested it a year ago) it felt similar to the BS10 and thus should be a tad more powerful than the BS09. My rating would be 12<09(<11)<10 by power and (11<)09=10<12 by speed. Stiffness is 12=<09<11<10.
    I'm not sure about the 11, and unleashing the BS10's full power requires both technique and swing speed, so it might be less or more powerful for someone else.

18. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

BS11 is a great all-round racket. Fast, very maneuverable, and a medium stiff shaft that will offer significant power but soft enough to give you some help on those reaching shots. I have not tried SW37 but it'll be somewhat similar in terms of shaft stiffness, but will have the older style Aerodynamic frame and will be much slower compared to the BS11. Either the BS11 or the MX60 will be a better choice than the SW37, imo.

Yup, spot on for BS11 in terms of power and stiffness based on my knowledge and what I've read. Not sure about speed though since I only have the 11 and 12, maybe the 11 and 9 are switched but it really doesn't matter much.

19. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher
    I just own SW30 and it does really2 suit my style of play...I love it a lot and im looking to buy another victor racket ...does anyone in here can recommend to me other racket within the family that have the same specs/feel (I would really love to try BS and MX family)...thanks!! :D

20. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    hi guys juz to share wat i found on bbs.badmintoncn.com!
    looks like ko sung hyun is using a totally new victor racket model

Attached Files: