What string and what tesion for your Arcsaber 10? And how do you feel about it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by wguan126, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SuperAustinChu

SuperAustinChu Regular Member

Student
    3UArc10 w/ BG80Power @ 25/24, since I just came back to playing the sport not too long ago.
    Feels quite sturdy now playing doubles, but sticky sometimes but thats just a ArcSaber thing I believe. Nevertheless, if you control it well, it'll be in your favor. Smashes are good, not great yet.

Will try BG66U or BG98 next stringing @ either 26/25 or more depending on arm and wrist power.

2. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Thanks SuperAustinChu!

3. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I have 3 pieces of Arcsaber 10 3UG5. All are strung with BG66UM at 28/30 lbs. I have tried almost every tension between 18 to 32 lbs with that same string until finally settling down on 28/30 lbs for an ideal balance of control and power (for me!).

4. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Thanks monogoose! I like BG66UM but found it too delicate, easy to break. 80 is more economical. I'm a poor guy. Maybe I had too many mishits, not so accurate as you. It's funny that yonex gives the same durability rating for 80 and 66um as 6; it's funnier that 98 is indicated more durable than 80, which is against my own observation. Thanks again for the feedback.

5. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    3ug5 arc 10 shud be able to handle 26lbs:)to be safer,u shud use continuos grommet to protect the frame.i strung all my yonex racket up to 26lbs except 27lbs for my voltric series n 28 for my victor rackets.anyway,gudluck on searchng the suitble tension for ur arc10

6. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi, FYI I'm a girl. Mine is 3u g5. I've strung it with BG66UM at 24 lbs since I got it. It works very well for me and I really like it, control and power wise. For durability, I've got it re strung the day I bought it and it was in November so it's been about 20 weeks already and it hasn't broken yet. I play 2-3 days a week/2 hours each time. I do smash quite a lot in comparison with other girls but comparing with men I still hit less harder I guess.

I'm planning to get an Arc11 soon so might try stringing with other strings like BG80 at about 25-26 lbs to see how it goes :)

7. Vincevt70

Vincevt70 Regular Member

Sales
    3U5G Arc10. Nanogy 98 @ 25lbs. I'm not a hard hitter but this string and tension setup gives me the most power and control without hurting me or being inaccurate.

Everybody is different and handles different tension. But based on my experience, Nanogy 98 gives me the best feel and durability.

8. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Interesting. I tried Nanogy 98 at 24x25, and they snap quick, like every 2-3 weeks.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    you've gotta be hitting it pretty hard cos i had used nbg98 once and it lasted even if i don't play with it for a while and let it sit in my room. a while as in a few months which i thought because of california weather, the string will probably be dryer and more brittle. but nope, still durable to me.