Which racket(s) fit to my playing style??!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KB@TB Em, May 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Hi guys,

i play Badminton for about 4 years now (every year a league higher), i´m 20 years old, height 192 cm, weight about 86 kg, quite muscular, in good physic shape.
    My strengths are good understanding of the game and defense, drops, net play, drives....weakness are smashes (but getting better). (fits to what others say about me)

In our club we play Winex Squaredynamic 800 Tournament (good cost-value ratio), but the better i got, the more i thought this isn´t the best racket for me.

So i decided to buy at least 2 good new rackets (price regardless).

My question now is: Can you suggest rackets to me. I know the names, but don´t know what they are standing for (which racket fits to the different types of players). If theres already a thread about it pls link it.

Tell me what racket should suit best to me (should i play a racket which allows good smashin bc it is one of my weaknesses and and and)! My favs are yonex rackets, but i´m opened for any brand...

Thx for any help!

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Maybe you should try Victor MX80, seeing as it combines the great qualities of the Bravesword and Superwave series.

3. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I would agree with LD rules! The MX80 is one of the best all-round rackets you can get today and also delivers plenty of power.

4. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Yup I agree too with the MX80 for all round or you can try Arc 10 but go with MX80. and btw are you single player or double player??

5. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Ty for your replies!!

My favourite discipline is double (then mixed then single)! Ofc i will order these and probably a few other first as test rackets.
    Expect the MX80 and arc 10 which rackets are worth testing (even for fun)?

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Honestly, I wouldn't take the Arc10, if I had a choice of three rackets ATM, I would probably go for the MX80, SW35 and BS10, all 3U.:)

7. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    To be honest LD rules not offending you. But everyone is different. Anyways test the MX80 since i always want to test it out but nvr did xP

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

No offence taken :) arc10 is a good racket, the thing is Victor rackets feel more solid, stronger. If I was playing doubles with someone that clashes a lot, I would rather have a Victor racket in my hands, as I feel it would be more likely to survive a big clash :)

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

You could try the apacs Tantrum 300 or Lethal 70 - both great all round rackets and very solid too. Not to mention you can probably get 2 apacs rackets for every 1 Victor/Yonex racket.

10. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    MX80 is a great doubles racket as it combines speed and power.

11. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Yonex Arc 10 would be one suggestion. However you need to test it out yourself. It is good all-round and suit different level of play. It is not too stiff and it is head-heavy so intermediate -advance level player would find this racket friendly

12. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    APACS Lethal 60/70 is great when come to smash, but it pretty slow respond on defense.

Victor BW09 or 10 is opposite where it is great in defense due to the aerodynamic design but the head light may cause the player need extra power to generate powerful smashes.

Never approach Yonex Arc10, but I own a Yonex Armortec 300 and its life just short and frame head bend due to the string tension problem...

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Actually, the Lethal 60/70 has excellent defense. Of course, if you're more used to head lighter rackets, then you won't find it so.

14. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I can´t find the MX80 in any German online shop! Is it possible that this racket is only avaible in the US and Asia so far?

15. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I have all 3 mx and sometimes when I feel tired I think i should have another racket (the mx60 seems to be quite a bit easier to play then 70 or 80)...
    I love the MX, but I´m not sure whether a less stiffer and less HH balanced racket would fit me more (I think I´m a allround player, more defensive and trying to outplay my opponents than always smashing and attacking). Some time ago I had triceps problems (caused by weight lifting^^) and then i played with my friends ARC10 PG and it felt easier to play with this racket (even it´s 3U and my MX are all 4U). If i play a lot my shoulder and arm tend to feel tired, it´s not a pain, but it is still probably caused by the stifness of the mx series...
    I will try the ar10 pg from friend again, but now it´s a problem to the pg modell..

Which rackets (maybe the bs series) would you recommend to try?
    Many people wrote that the mx series (esp. 80 and 70) is quite challenging. I think I can play the mx series, but somehow over the last trainings and matches I thought I at least need another racket that is "easier" to play.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Bravesword 9 then maybe :) or LYD/12

17. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I find it funny that no one asked you your swing speed before suggesting a model, considering the fact that it is the major element to have in mind when choosing what stiffness will fit you.

If you are not an "enforcer" and prefer to play the game with precision, patience and want a faster racket for this purpose, an even balanced or head light racket would be something to try out.

18. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    6feet2in @ 190lbs, that's pretty good for a 20yr old :)

victor superwave 35 smashes well for me
    yonex voltric 70 smashes well but i have good control as well.

in general, when you have a chance to search thru the website of badminton stores, look at the specs, if it's head heavy balance, it's good for smashes, generally. take some time and see if you can borrow your friends' rackets and swing a few shots, feel it. most important is really how it feels in your hand. if it's a good smash racket but you hate the feel of it, i promise you that you won't use it. good luck and let us know what you end up buying :)

19. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i guess the OP was being really general, but good point!!! :)

20. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

Maybe the MX series are too stiff for you. I would suggest even-balanced or little headhavy rackets with not too stiff shaft. Yonex Voltric 70, Victor Superwave 35, Yonex Arcsaber 7/10.