apacs Tantrum500 International

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zero_hour, Aug 19, 2011.

1. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

Nice review bro :D thanks!... this racket is less stiff then tantrum 200 huh... might give it a pass then... i like the stiffness of my tantrum 200...:p

2. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

if u like than i suggest u Tweet8000,stiff + slightly head heavy, but it have VictorBS like frame, u need adjust timing to adapt the new racket,

3. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
  4. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I just bought one from apacscanada last night.. I must say the T500 looks very solid, just waiting for some vs850 to come in/

5. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    i just bought one Tantrum 200 and 500 but i still hadn't put the string on Tantrum 500. it looks too good to use.

6. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

LOL!!,... tonite will try my tantrum500 once more heheee,the grip sucks,i should learn how to wrap it my self,..but i ald waste 4-5 grip >_< ,..

7. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I just strung mine up lastnight with ZyMax 67 but I looked at it this morning and I mis-weaved two rows.. argh!!! I'm still going to hit a few shuttles tonight before I cut it and wait for my BG80 Power or VS850.

8. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

hahaa! next time send to other stringer!

9. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Ya unfortunately the stringer was me.. :( eyes got really blurry because I was doing the job at 3AM.

Anyways I restrung it with BG80 Power and no mistakes this time haha.

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    Gary, what do you think about the racket?
    thanks

11. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I haven't had a chance to give it a try yet.. just swinging it around the house and driving my wife nuts haha.

The racquet itself feels very light to me compared to my Kason F9. I won't get a chance to try it until Saturday.

12. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

zero_hour, do you have the tweet 8k int? i was just swinging it around the BS10 and the shop owned passed me the tweet as well. i was faster to swing than the BS10! must be the 0.67 mm shaft. feels balanced though, is 295 heavy head? maybe cause both was unstring

at least you just mis-weave. i just popped my zymax 67 during first warm up after restringing when i was just recommending it to my friends :crying: how embarrassing :eek:

13. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    GaryC,
    Please you share your thoughts with us after you try it this weekend.
    Hopefully the HK Open games live stream doesn't clash with your Sat games.

Thanks.

14. yukonho

yukonho New Member

Hi people, you can ask me about the T500. I have been using it for 2 weeks now.

Here is my comparison to the T200:
    Weight T200>T500. More or less 10g lighter.
    Head Heaviness T500>T200. I THINK the T200 has a more stable head.
    Flex T200>T500. T500 is a lot more flexible. Back court to back court shots less effort. However, when I am defending against powerful shots (smash, net kill) I feel that I have lost accuracy (bounces way out, or doesn't go where its intended, most likely lack of skill here).

When I swing the T500, I feel like I am swinging it faster than the T200. Not a whole lot faster but faster. Most likely due to overall weight and maybe thinner shaft (don't think this one makes a difference)? Sometimes I feel 'naked'. Meaning I feel like I am on the court without a racquet due to the lightness.

Overall its light, flexible, and I find it easy to use. Also find that I tend to 'flick' more often when using T500. Well guys, that is my spin on it.

15. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

LOL!! hahaa
    thinking getting the fu hai feng racket,but saw many fake one,didnt dare to buy,..mid stiff but still can produce fastest smash ;)
    nop, only manage to swing Tweet7000 that day,...it same as tweet8000 but tweet7000 got bravesword frame while tweet8000 normal(if im not mistaken) ..hmm,i dunno how to measure balance point >.<"

#35 zero_hour, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  16. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    Went to permai sport JB today to see T500. sadly the shop dont have it. Andy keep telling me apacs not famous. oh..its hurt my feeling as a T200-user. T_T

17. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

haha shops all quite hard to find... go search in this lowyat forum bro.. banyak

also got a question... the flex number written on apacs shaft ... does bigger number mean more flexible or stiffer?

#37 nkdinz, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  18. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    for apacs, the shaft stiffness rated as 7-9

where 7 is very stiff while 9 is flexible.

19. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Hi everyone, just got back from a early morning badminton session. I'll do my best to give my thoughts on the T500, mind you I was rotating a bunch of racquets because I was testing some new strings and breaking in a new pair of shoes. I wasn' t feeling well this morning but after the warm up I was ready to go.

What I had in my bag were;

Kason F9 strung with VS850 @ 25/27
    Li-Ning N55 strung with ZyMax 67 @ 23 / 25
    Apacs T500 strung with BG80 Power @ 23 / 25

Warmup - No timing issues really as we were just doing high clears and some drops, the T500 felt very solid and light for a 3U. I did feel the flex on the racquet immediately so I adjusted to not swinging so hard.

Gametime - I found the T500 very quick around the net, defence was a breeze as I was sending all my friends smashes back to him. Usually I'm a little late when using my N55 or F9 so I end up playing in the back as much as possible but today I stayed up front. I'm not sure if it's the T500 or the new string but it felt like I lacked a bit of power if I did end up in the back court but I adjusted and decided to play a more control game.

Control: 9/10 - Was able to hit all my shots with very good precision even after just using the racquet for a short while.

Power
    : 7 / 10 - Like I said not sure if it's the new string, the T500 itself or just a slight timing issue.. but I just didn't have the zip like I'd have when using the F9 or N55.

Feel: 9/10 Solid racquet, no vibration issues and seems very forgiving on off centre shots. The T500 felt a little more flexible than my F9.

Really enjoy the T500.. hmm can't think of much else to say.

20. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

timing when smash,...i think because T500 have shorter shaft, try measure it with other racket :D