where to play in chennai

Discussion in 'India' started by baghat, May 5, 2006.

1. darshana

darshana New Member

Hi..
    Hunted the whole place down 4 the court in Besant Nagar n couldnt find..PPl..does any1 know whr it is?

2. Arnab9689

Arnab9689 New Member

Student
    Hi i am ARNAB

Hi guys i urenty sty in thiruvanmiyur,
    i hv been playin badminton since d past 12 yrs.
    bt nw hv cum down to chennai fr my studies, i do nt want to leave my badminton practice so please plz plz suggest me a place near thiruanmiyur or n besant ngr.plz guys i am really cravin for it.:crying::crying::crying:

3. kamalesh

kamalesh New Member

student
    pls. help me guys..

hi friends, i am a new member and right now staying in anna nagar. I am an excellent badminton player. i am seriously interested in playing at state level.
    It would be nice if you could suggest some clubs or academies near my area.
    I am ready to play badminton with good players, and those who are interested to play with me can interact with me and contact me.

thank you,
    kamalesh.

4. evylgrynn

evylgrynn Regular Member

I recently returned from a trip to India. while we were there, we went to play badminton at a club (don't remember the name, but it had a horse racing section). while we were there, we noticed that people were extremely hostile towards any newcomers, one guy who was there on his own finally told us the rules. we got onto the court, and people were standing right on the edge of the court, counting our score and waiting for us to finish. which was okay, but the next time we tried to get on the court, one group who had just gotten off the next court also tried to get on. we had to argue with them to get our turn, and they were making fun of they way we were playing (one of our group is a tennis player). we finally got them off the court and played our game. after this we talked to the guy on his own, and he told us that the members really dislike newcomers, and that he had been there for 3.5 hours and only gotten on the court once! he told us that they try to bully new people away so they don't interfere with the "good" players court time

a lot of this is to be seen at every club, but generally club members just ignore new people, they are not openly hostile to them. We were there with 4 people so we were not asking anyone to play or anything, This club was very elitist and arrogant, at least it seemed that way to us. we won't be going back there, that's for sure!

I hope the rest of you have better experiences playing in Chennai than we have, like I said I hope it was just this club's members, not a general attitude.

5. senzap

senzap New Member

Territory Manager
    Hi guys, I am senthil, i stay at Adayar near IIT Campus. I am looking for a Batminton Court & some friends to join with for the game. Can Anyone Sugest me. I am Morderate player. I used to play for a Club in madurai during my college days, due to my College timings i was not able to continue. this is my fav game.

Please inform me at the Earliest possible.

Or

Call / SMS on 98940 10919

6. vishchit

vishchit New Member

I m staying at tnagar is der ny place near by wer i culd play with affordable membership! culd ny1 suggest me a place to play! I want to play it badly its been a while i hv played!

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Mate,

What do you expect from the elitist of MRC (madras race club). I remember how some members from our club clobbered them. Now they have started using some good players who were ex state i guess.

If you want decent games and you are a beginner then please dont go to snobbish clubs clike MRC or MCC.

I guess you should have done your homework. If you are not famous or great with baddy then dont expect any respect in these clubs. I guess that is how the world tends to operate now a days (atleast in india).

What a sorry state for a country which used to be the bane of kindness and understanding.

Cheers

#67 Yogi, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. vishnuvenky

vishnuvenky Regular Member

Doctor
    hi guys,
    i live in annanagar....and play in towers club...nice place....and sanjeev sachideva sir and siddarth sir coach me.....am still learning!!!

9. kathsi

kathsi New Member

Engineer
    Hai, I m staying in madippakkam, Looking for a place to play.. Any sports clubs in around velachery or near by ? Please help....

10. Raja3131

Raja3131 New Member

IT Professional
    Hi,
    This is Raja....Can any 1 say is there any indoor court near Adayar -Kottivaakam r kandhansavadi....Pls let me know if any one knows....and if u need as partner also let me know....Am ready 2 play by paying too...

11. paulzhere

paulzhere New Member

Student
    Hi guys, I went to enquire at the indira nagar sports club a few days back. This is what I found out. At present they offer only a lifetime membership which is a whopping 30k bucks! not to include the extra 200 bucks you have to pay every month. How I wish they had at least an annual membership! The manager said that there were some new courts being constructed and they should be ready by sep-oct. Maybe they'll introduce an annual membership then.

Till then I don't know where to play. Can anyone please suggest an indoor court somewhere in the vicinity of Indira Nagar/ Adyar/ Thiruvanmiyur? Sandhya what news have you got?

12. lenzy

lenzy New Member

engineer
    New to forum

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I live in velachery and would like to know where to play badminton in and around velachery. :)

13. Raja3131

Raja3131 New Member

IT Professional
    Hi,
    This is Raja,Is there any 1 from MGR Janaki college....If there plz enquire n reply me dat.....is there any Shuttle indoor court...If there....Then refer dat they r allowing guys to play for monthly pay.....

14. Giffy

Giffy New Member

Courts in chennai

People who live near Annanagar...

There are 3 clubs where u get good play.. One is located in Mogappair (Fire Ball), next is YMCA (Kilpauk) & last one is near MMDA (League Club).. I hope this will help u all guys

Kishore

15. Balaji 007

Balaji 007 New Member

HCL Technologies
    Require full address of this venue and other details

Hi Ram,

I did notice your post that there are 6 indoor courts near Vijaya Hospital, Vadapalani, Chennai. I stay at Alwarthirunagar and this is so prximate to my vicinity. Request you to kindly provide me the following details, if available at your end:

1. Full details of thevenue;
    2. Yearly/ Monthly Cost for the same;
    3. Any coach available;
    4. Comment on the crowd.

Kindly do the needful:)

16. Balaji 007

Balaji 007 New Member

HCL Technologies
    Hi

Hi,

I stay at Alwarthirunagar and even i am looking for a good place to play. Have you found one. pls let me know.

17. rajara2004

rajara2004 New Member

software professional
    I please say me the address where the court in vadapalani.I will join also. I m a software professional.Reply .My mail id is :rajara2004@hotmail.com

18. babu_tpkm

babu_tpkm New Member

Searching for a semi / indoor court for playing and for players too

Hi,
    Someone mentioned about an indoor court in kandanchavadi. Does anyone know where it is in Kandhanchavadi ? I am from Okkiyam Thoraipakkam (opposite CTS) and looking for a place and a chance to play. Please give inputs.

19. lechaise

lechaise New Member

Badminton coaching!

Hi,
    Can anybody please tell me where Mr. Sanjay Sachdeva coaches in Chennai or at least give me his contact.

Thanks.

20. c.prasath

c.prasath New Member

Hi Giffy,

Could you please give me the address of one that is in Mogappair(Fire Ball).

-Prasath