Badminton In Seoul

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by Oldhand, Aug 19, 2007.

1. tanzent

tanzent Regular Member

Hi,
    there are many company at bundang-gu recently.
    plz inform me of your location in details.
    I will introduce some gym but I cannot commit myself either way becourse I don't play there.
    also, tell me your grade, it'll be great help to find one.

oh, event already gave you good answer~~

#41 tanzent, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely try and check it out. I'm going to need to do some exercise :).

Regarding my grade... I really don't know what to say. In Japan I was put in 2-bu, or I guess the equivalent of "B". Even then the level of play within that grade varies from tournament to tournament. That's the best answer I can give really... Hope that helps.

Yeah, sorry since the Korea Badminton threads are not that abundant I thought it might be better just posting in here. I'm going to need to find someone to translate that list for me though... Don't think I'll be bringing my badminton gear to work in Sinsadong, but I don't think it'd hurt knowing about any clubs in that area :).

#42 Bobatea, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. event

event Regular Member

As for Shinsadong, there isn't much, according to the info available online. This list only includes one(#10) near Shinsa Stn and that is supposedly an indoor gym (although I'm not sure I believe it but I guess one of those green roofs in the photo could be a gym) with 4 courts within Hakdong Park (SE of Shinsa Stn).

There is also one here, #4 on this list. 4 courts at Wonchon Middle School. The school is just south of Banpo Stn.

Attached Files:

#43 event, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    Hey, Bobatea,

Hope you're settled down, enjoy your stay there and find places to play
    badminton.

5. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Hey clinton,

Yea, I'm settled I guess. Work is long so no time to play badminton :(. If I'm lucky I'll be able to play weeknds.

6. chobo

chobo Regular Member

Student
    hi im living near boochyun station at the moment. im wondering if there's any place to play nearby. none of my relatives seem to know an indoor place to play badminton. any information would be great. my email is elchong@gmail.com

7. queenmillennia

queenmillennia Regular Member

boochyun? Do u mean 부천?

8. Tran Hien

Tran Hien New Member

Lawyer
    Finding Badminton Clubs/group

Hi All,

I am foreign lawyer studying in Seoul. I am want to play badminton on weekend. You know, it is very difficult for me to find some sport hall to play. Therefore, if you know any groups with advance level, please let me know.

I am staying and studying at TLBUniversiy, which the nearest Subway station is Samsong (line number 3). Please give me some information so that i can reach some groups to play together. I am not afraid of traveling due to the distance from my place to the badminton court.

Please feel free to contact me at: Hienlawyer@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Tran Hien.

9. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Dec 2008

Hi Event,

How are things going with you?

I'm back in Korea for another 3 weeks this December and wanted to ask for your help (again :)).

Last year you very kindly gave me the details for a club in the Dongdaemun area called Sky Club. But the link you gave me from last year is now not working. Could you please give me the link again or find a website for the club? I don't know if I'll be playing there again, but I would like to say hello to the players anyway.

Thanks a lot for your help.

David

10. event

event Regular Member

Odd that both of the links in that post from last year are now broken. Fear not, however. They seem to be accessible with slightly different URLs.

The club listing is still there but now this is the link. The Sky Club is, obviously, #7.

The link in that club listing for the gymnasium itself is now here.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any more info.

#50 event, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  11. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Dec 2008

Hi event

Thanks very much for your help.

I hope we can meet up for a game sometime :)

Cheers

David

12. pnvinh90

pnvinh90 Regular Member

student
    hello guy, i will be in seoul in the summer. I want to play badminton there and meet new friends. Can you guy shed me the light? i read this whole thread already but i don't know it's still the same or not.

13. event

event Regular Member

Well, Seoul is a big place. If you've read the whole thread, then you have the general idea. Beyond that, it's best to wait until you know which part of the city you'll be in and then post again so we can suggest some place close to you. As for finding people who post here in order to play with them, that's trickier. As far as I know, only 3 or so posters to this thread seem to live in Seoul. I seem to post most of the answers in the Korean part of the forum but I have never actually played in Seoul so all I can do is help you find a nearby club, once you know where that is.

14. tanzent

tanzent Regular Member

Hi, I'm still available in Seoul, especially YangCheon and KangSeo province.
    beirbang@hotmail.com

15. event

event Regular Member

Hi Tanzent, good to hear from you.

Most of the people who check here are looking for a place to play only a few times or otherwise short term. Can you give us some details on which gyms in Yangcheon-gu or Gangseo-gu are the easiest to play at as a drop-in player? As far as I know, the Magok Gym has an admission fee and 12 courts. Is it easy to get a game if you just drop in there without being the member of a club and without knowing anyone? Where I live, it is easiest to do this at the gyms that have admission fees. Are there any other gyms in your area with a similar system to Magok?

16. tanzent

tanzent Regular Member

I usually go to YangCheon(KyeNam) Gym at weekend afternoon(pm 2~6). but It's very difficult in booking court at that time. so use the morning time(10:00~13:00)
    admission fee: 2,600KWON(weekend), 2,000KWON(workday)
    Closed day: second sunday monthly.
    weekday & saturday: 07:00~22:00
    sunday & holiday: 09:00~18:00

17. event

event Regular Member

Gyenam Gym is here. Thanks, Tanzent.

18. narnia

narnia Regular Member

In Korea you already have so many badminton amateur clubs just in your neighborhood. They play in indoor gyms of schools, YMCA, Village Sports Complex, etc. The easiest way to find one for you is to just ask any Korean you know to search on internet for a club in your region (usually in the level of DONG). You may find out the phone number and/or the location and then contact them directly. Usually they play almost 360 days a year in the evening or in the early morning; with registration fee and monthly fee at very reasonable cost. In the club, you can find A, B, C level players and you can play in a friendly manner. Even though you speak English only they will like to play and talk with you guys.

Use search keywords on Naver: 배드민턴 동호회

Try to use this link:
    http://www.aplusbadminton.com/

:)

#58 narnia, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

#59 narnia, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  20. event

event Regular Member