HEAD Lite 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mzheng168, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

hi,

i am a above beginner player and i don't like the heavy rackets. I am looking at the HEAD Lite 80 racket but not sure is it good for smashing. Has anybody had any experience with racket? thanks

2. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

3. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I think they are different rackets dude. The Speed Lite PRO looks to be a slightly higher spec racket. Also, the colour scheme is different. Both rackets are black and white only in reverse. £50 down from £100 - go for it!!! I've had experience with HEAD rackets before and I really liked them, particularly their Metallix range.

4. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    #4 allyjack110, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  5. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks allyjack110. the only things worry me is are these rackets tend to break more easily? are they any good for smashing at all compare with heavier ones?

6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks allyjack110. the only things worry me is: do they break more easily? are they any good for smashing compare with heavier ones?

7. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    take the metallix 8000. It's really cheap in the uk around 50 pounds. I have them, Clark played / plays with them so you cant go wrong and about the smashes. Just look for some video's on youtube when Clarks needs to play, u'll see it's good. ;)

All rackets will break if you hit them good. So less of your concern about that i think. Just go for a cheap good racket.

8. Phuongrocks

Phuongrocks Regular Member

none
    You think this racket is good though?

9. kiradeathnote

student
    That's hard to tell, because I dont know your playstyle and I havent touch this racket before. Specs said it's a flex racket so means it's good for people like me who hasnt have much power. Guess you have to consider if the price is good.

You have swing this racket in the shop and if you like the feeling and the price is right then i'll say go for it. Head makes good product and it wont break easily. I have the metallix 4000 about 3 years and still looking as good as new even after i have contact with other rackets during the double. To be honest i even have thrown with it. (bad habit)

So give it a try. Still I will recommen the metallix 8000. I really like that one and it's cheaper. pure personal

10. Phuongrocks

Phuongrocks Regular Member

none
    Well I'm choosing between Metallix 4000 $59 USD on amazon and Head Lite 80 $53 on amazon. I like power but at the same time have a racket with fast maneuverability.

11. kiradeathnote

student
    That's easy for me to choose:p Head metallix 4000 for sure. Nothing wrong with the head lite 80 is just I do like my 4000 and you cant go wrong and like I said before I havent touch a lite 80 before so I dont know the feeling about that one.
    the 4000 is a good racket I can do everything with it
    (easy court clears, dropshot are sharp, defence is great thanks to the lightweight), but it doesnt make you want to smash and dont get me wrong you can smash hard with it.
    the problem is it's doesnt invite you to smash. So it isnt a smash racket I usually use the 4000 for the single.

Seems like you like white and black. If you want to smash more, metallix 8000.

12. karl heinrich

karl heinrich New Member

just broke my head lite 80

:crying: it was strung at 26lbs with BG80, it was fun playing with it, it was good for control especially in returning smashes, very easy to maneuver and can generate power but not as powerfull as heavier head rackets like my friends' millenium 3200. Some people say that lighter rackets tend to break easily, at first i did not believe in what they were saying but now i do because i just bought my racket atleast 2-3 months ago and it was strung for the first time and just last night i didn't know why it was destroyed as easy as that, maybe the durability was sacrificed for its lightness?, i believe that my power is in the average level, i dont know,and i saw and experience the clashing of rackets more powerfull than the time someone hit mine. Well anyways the performance of the racket is 4 out of 5 stars for me, it was suitable for my style of play: i occasionally play drops but more on power. i guess i have to switch to heavier rackets next time, ill try:D